FORUMS
Damien

Ethereal Mechanics

Guest pawel

is buff from ethernal affix stack with buff from quiver?

Got %% from The Ninth Cirri Satchel and equiped quiver .

Hi,

I got Ethereal item: Bartuc's Cut-Throat with legendary affix from In-Geom (Cooldown Reduction). So if I put in second hand item In-Geom, Cooldown Reduction count on both?

No, the same legendary power will never stack from two sources - be it wearing the same ring twice, putting the same weapon power on and in the cube, one from an Ethereal and one from the regular item....The power will just work once.

• Thanks 1

I'm playing FB MI wizard (HC) on PS4 - got a mang song's lesson 2h staff drop last night with the deathwish legendary power (rubbish passive, but meh).  I thought, you beauty!  Put a socket on it, equipped it, opened a GR105 (which I am doing in around 5 mins @ p700 and very average gear with deathwish) and NOTHING.  The build now does NOTHING.  No damage.  I think it's cos there's no physical damage range on the ethereal.  

Looking at the top players, they're all using this ethereal, so how the hell are they doing any damage?  What am I missing?  

8 hours ago, huntress said:

I'm playing FB MI wizard (HC) on PS4 - got a mang song's lesson 2h staff drop last night with the deathwish legendary power (rubbish passive, but meh).  I thought, you beauty!  Put a socket on it, equipped it, opened a GR105 (which I am doing in around 5 mins @ p700 and very average gear with deathwish) and NOTHING.  The build now does NOTHING.  No damage.  I think it's cos there's no physical damage range on the ethereal.  

Looking at the top players, they're all using this ethereal, so how the hell are they doing any damage?  What am I missing?  

There's no need for a physical damage range. If you still have the Deathwish legendary power, I'd look into what else you lost - after all, you switched from a one hander to a two hander. Do you have the Orb of Infinite Depth power in the Cube? 

I'm not a Wizard player, but I'd actually think Wizardspike would be a better fit for the build than Mang Song's, at least for high clears?

17 hours ago, Bubble181 said:

There's no need for a physical damage range. If you still have the Deathwish legendary power, I'd look into what else you lost - after all, you switched from a one hander to a two hander. Do you have the Orb of Infinite Depth power in the Cube? 

I'm not a Wizard player, but I'd actually think Wizardspike would be a better fit for the build than Mang Song's, at least for high clears?

you're spot on.  1h to 2h, losing the firebird's eye and didn't realise I'd dropped to 5 set pieces.  I don't EVER use a 2h, not in the 5 years I have been playing D3 and it caught me out.  Uggh!  

I tried using the mang song's lesson but it is HORRID - from what I could see, it did no more damage, but more importantly, losing 10% CDR kills casting MI, which means you're taking far longer to kill mobs, and constant resource issues (running out of arcane power).  No arcane power, no kill mobs, and, no aquilas shielding.  After proccing my follower's cheat death several times, I said F trhis and quit the GR and went back to my trusty deathwish.  

I maintain that ethereals are a HORRID seasonal them.  I'm pretty much just gonna quit the season.