FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Roz1281

Lazy Pet build?

Is there a good build (my goal is clearing the season journey and maybe torment X farming) that uses an army of pets with minimal input from me, other than running around or holding up buffs? In other words, few or no active skills (other than movement skills)? I just want to run around and have minions kill everything automatically. Last season I enjoyed a sentry build, and before that a hydra build. This time I want to try something where I don't have to place the 'minions'.

Thanks!

If you want to clear the whole Journey, no, not really. Plenty of pet builds out there, but e.g. the Necro Army of the Dead build (which SHOULD be a pure pet build dammit) still moves most of its damage to a nuke. The WD Zuni Dart build mostly deals damage from the Fetishes, but requires you to aim for them. Barb IK Ancients build isn't viable anymore as far I know.

For some reason - probably to combat botting - the real "sit back and watch things die" builds have all been nerfed or made impossible. 

I love "melt the screen and watch everything die from my army" builds, but D3 really doesn't have any. The closest to such a "lazy" build would probably be a WD chicken/haunt/Locust Swarm build - no pets, but in lower difficulties everything around you just instantly dies as you cluck your way past them. Doesn't work over, say, TX, though.

Not aesthetically pets, but Inna Monk (with Water Mystic Ally) clears everything easily. If you can Cube the proper (or roll them in your Ethereal) skills, you are able to one shot and run around the Map clearing everything. Your Mystic Allies become mighty waves that can easily rush GR 90. Clearing the Season Journey was easy for me, despite the Set Dungeon.