FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Advanced Nightborne Customization (Fan Concept)

t25mvwx.jpg

The Nightborne were one of the bigger visual disappointments in terms of Allied Races, as their playable look just never felt quite right and their character customization options were few and not great. In comes Sharashaska with the second iteration of some advanced and very impressive options, bringing the Allied Race much closer to its origins.

Just showing off what I've managed to do the last couple of days. Few more things that need fixing, clipping stuff here and there but so far I'm glad I've managed to figure out how to add the NPC's effects on the Nightborne male model.

Assets belong to Blizzard, including the modified assets featured in this video. All of my support goes to the employees who had to deal with the toxic and abusive environment at Blizzard. Wish you all the best, I hope this company gets better and I hope that all of the people who wishes to stay at Blizzard because it is their dream job find back the faith they once had in this company.
- Sharashaska

This is the second pass at the options, and you can check out the original one below, but both are Work-In-Progress.

Source.

Wouldn't surprise me if they're saving the big additions for 10.0 since it's hinting at a Reset or Cata 2.0

5 hours ago, Dejo93 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they're saving the big additions for 10.0 since it's hinting at a Reset or Cata 2.0

They need to come up with something original and not something full of bloated systems with borrowed power.  They have gotten lazy for the last few expansions making it so it's about extending playtime to blow up their revenue while crapping on the player community and their staff.

Edited by Feldsomethin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Feldsomethin said:

They need to come up with something original and not something full of bloated systems with borrowed power.  They have gotten lazy for the last few expansions making it so it's about extending playtime to blow up their revenue while crapping on the player community and their staff.

What bugs me about borrowed power systems the most is that it's player based bug testing for next xpac's baseline and talent changes. I'd be willing to bet my longboi that half of the class/spec specific conduits/anima powers end up as additional ranks, passives, or talents.

Like the Vengeance DH Azerite power Revel in Pain - the 2 sec duration increase of Fiery Brand became rank 3 of Fiery Brand at 54, and the remainder of the power became its own passive of the same name at 58; or Holy Paladin's mandatory Azerite power Glimmer of Light became a last row talent.

Edited by SidonisAntares

This looks pretty good, all races could use more customization options, including different body types.

4 hours ago, SidonisAntares said:

What bugs me about borrowed power systems the most is that it's player based bug testing for next xpac's baseline and talent changes. I'd be willing to bet my longboi that half of the class/spec specific conduits/anima powers end up as additional ranks, passives, or talents.

It's also impossible to balance everything with how many different variations these borrowed power systems introduce. So they have extra work spending next few patches attempting to balance these systems and usually trying to add some stuff on top of them.

On 8/2/2021 at 5:30 PM, Arcling said:

It's also impossible to balance everything with how many different variations these borrowed power systems introduce. So they have extra work spending next few patches attempting to balance these systems and usually trying to add some stuff on top of them.

Yup. Beta and PTRs is for being a guinea pig, not content patch to content patch. Maybe if they weren't so busy trying to balanced borrowed power systems, they could fix longstanding issues instead where 'x doesn't affect y' situations for various classes/specs/abilities, that each time they finally fix it, results in a retune of that class because suddenly they're performing how they should be, and the z% buffs every few weeks after a content patch are now overkill.