Jump to content
FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sinzhu

Mage PvP

Recommended Posts

Guest Quandary

Keep yourself alive with Ice Barrier, pretty difficult as a fire mage using no frost talent build?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest Quandary said:

Keep yourself alive with Ice Barrier, pretty difficult as a fire mage using no frost talent build?

Good point, typo that escaped revision (was meant to be Mana Shield), already sent in a fix, should be live soon, thanks 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great guide, I only have one question. Why do you choose Molten Armor in pvp against casters over Mage armor? Thx 

Edited by STORMIE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2022 at 8:32 PM, STORMIE said:

Great guide, I only have one question. Why do you choose Molten Armor in pvp against casters over Mage armor? Thx 

Mages are often all about burst, hence the damage benefits of +3% crit and -5% chance to be crit helps you more in short and bursty games than extra Mana Regeneration and small resist bonus, which is great in longer, control oriented games.

Think I should input a note on Mage Armor being great for prolonged battles such as the ones against Warlock / Healer comp, thanks for the feedback!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest IceCoob

Curious as to whats the best replacement for MQG since its banned from arena now? Im guessing Icon or SSC mage trinket??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Matt

Hello. Curious on two gear changes from the P2 Frost Mage PVP BIS Guide.

1. The neck and belt slots previously listed PvP honor gear “of Dominance” and “Dreadweave” respectively, which has now been changed to “of Conquest” and “Silk”. The rings still remain as “of Dominance”. Just trying to follow the logic behind these choices in terms of stat priority.

2. The weapon enchant was previously listed as Soulfrost, which has now been changed to Major Spellpower. Looking at the Frost Mage PvP Guide, it appears that only frost spells are mentioned for PvP usage. I could see Fireblast being used in PvP on a Frost Mage, but that spell has such a low coefficient. Also just trying to follow the logic here.

Thank you so much in advance for your time and help with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Guest IceCoob said:

Curious as to whats the best replacement for MQG since its banned from arena now? Im guessing Icon or SSC mage trinket??

Hi IceCoob,

the replacement is Skull of Gul'Dan when you get it and until then you may use other burst trinkets, such as Icon or Serpent-Coil Braid.

 

14 hours ago, Guest Matt said:

Hello. Curious on two gear changes from the P2 Frost Mage PVP BIS Guide.

1. The neck and belt slots previously listed PvP honor gear “of Dominance” and “Dreadweave” respectively, which has now been changed to “of Conquest” and “Silk”. The rings still remain as “of Dominance”. Just trying to follow the logic behind these choices in terms of stat priority.

2. The weapon enchant was previously listed as Soulfrost, which has now been changed to Major Spellpower. Looking at the Frost Mage PvP Guide, it appears that only frost spells are mentioned for PvP usage. I could see Fireblast being used in PvP on a Frost Mage, but that spell has such a low coefficient. Also just trying to follow the logic here.

Thank you so much in advance for your time and help with this.

 

Hello Matt,

as you can see, the new BiS list is designed for more burstyness in mind (Skull, Zhardoom etc.), as top Mage PvPers think this will be the new meta. Therefore the necklace option also shifted to a more bursty version, as well as Bracers, Weapon, Belt, Rings and Trinket (previously MQG for obvious reasons).
The weapon enchant is listed as Major Spellpower, so this list applies for Frost and Fire (Pom Pyro spec) at the same time. You are free to change the enchant to Soulfrost, if you are strictly using Frost spells and I think I will update this part of the guide with more information, so this question is answered within the guide.

Thank you both for your valueable feedback! I hope I could answer your questions 🙂

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...