FORUMS
Starym

Player Maxes Out 160 Reputations On a Single Character World First

52542-the-double-reputation-buff-is-gone

We have another first in the "insane things players do" category, as Verysmallman has been grinding away at a LOT of reputations and just managed to hit the one hundred and sixty exalted/maximum rank mark! Also, in case you were wondering how there even are so many reps - the "friendship" ones from the many different NPC mini-factions also count (like the many Ember Court NPCs).

You'd think this was a sort of one-time-ting, one player having a very specific goal and going for it just for fun, but you'd be wrong as there are actually quite a few racing for those reputations! We have three more players on 159 reps currently and then 21 more between 155 and 158, with many many more close to that as well.

Update: To clarify - these are the rankings for SINGLE CHARACTER reputations, and there actually are players with 195 reputations account-wide.

Reputation.jpg

Rep2.jpg
Source: Data for Azeroth.

This is an ongoing race to World First, which you can follow at Data for Azeroth, and Verysmallman is currently in the lead and the first to hit 160, via a bunch of Ember Court NPCs. In case you were wondering, apparently there's currently 199 obtainable exalted/maxed out reputations of the 228 total in the game. Now here's the Verysmallman himself with some more details of their ongoing mission, including having to get Bloodsail Bucaneers and the goblin reputations to exalted more than once due to doing them in the wrong order, switching from Venthyr later on for even more reputations/friendhips in the other Covenants, and plenty more info: 

I started really working on them back in WOTLK, so it's been a long time and a lot of reputations to work through.
I would say that the Ember Court Friendships (Which also count on this list and I only finished today) were heavily time-gated and took a long time, which was annoying and made it the least enjoyable I would say.

Trying to get Bloodsail Buccaneers to Exalted and have goblins there at the same time was a bit of work, especially when I had to go back and do the quests for Loremaster after Cataclysm. Having to rebalance after already maximising the goblins and pirates separately was a bit of a task and I'm glad it's over.

Easiest would definitely be Pearlfin Jinyu, as you get that naturally without really trying just by doing the Jade Forest questline.
The most fun I had with reputations was probably the BC ones I went back and did during WOTLK, like Ogri'la, Sha'tari Skyguard and especially Netherwing.
I actually had to get both to Exalted more than once. I originally did them in the wrong order as I was young and misguided.

I got goblins to Exalted in WOTLK then ended up being Hated again while trying to get Bloodsail Buccaneers to Honored (that was the maximum at the time) as I was farming Dire Maul for Shen’Dralar things at the same time, even though I never finished that.

The best way is as you stated, farm Booty Bay goblins and do the Bloodsail Buccaneer quests when you reach landmark points in the reputation. Then killing pirates in Eastern Tanaris seems to be the fastest way, however at Revered with Gadgetzan, I’d recommend Fray Island in Northern Barrens. Keep killing the quest mob and take advantage of Horde on the Tony Two-Tusk quest on the boat as they give more reputation too, especially the boss that spawns.
I'm glad I joined Venthyr first, but I am planning to switch to Necrolord for Stitchmasters and Night Fae for Marasmius once I've got a few more Venthyr collectibles.

- Verysmallman123

So congratulations to Verysmallman and let's see how this particular very long-term race evolves!

1 hour ago, Dejo93 said:

He truly has.......

No life

I have human toons from Day 1 who still haven't received exhausted human rep. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Blizzard is adding new Feet cosmetic armor to the game in Patch 9.1.5. In this post, we're looking at the new items in more detail.
      Tauren and Trolls will appreciate new boots coming in the latest patch. On the 9.1.5 PTR, they can be purchased from the Trial of Style NPCs, but their source remains unknown for now. Below, we previewed all the new models.
      Rare Boots
      Augur's Walkers

Bloodbathed Slippers

Boots of the Blightbelcher

Cleric's Sabatons

Cold Cage Moccasins

Conjuror's Slippers

Keeper's Strides

Patroller's Footwear

Shadow-Stitched Stalkers

Stalker's Treads

Thief's Footpads

Virulent Gravetreaders

Epic Boots
      The epic-quality boots look better than the rare ones. Currently, we found four different tints of epic feet cosmetic armor in the game files.
      Corrupted Cleats

Freezing Footguards

Pustule Prancers

Searing Stompers

• By Stan
      Undaunted, the deaf and hard-of-hearing Warcraft guild, have completed Ahead of the Curve: Sylvanas Windrunner. Congratulations!
      Undaunted is at it again! The guild earned AotC Denathrius and cleared 3/10 Mythic Castle Nathria on March 26, 2021. Yesterday, a post on Reddit revealed that they now downed Sylvanas on Heroic difficulty. Now, Mythic difficulty awaits. We wish them the best of luck! Here is a screenshot of the guild shared on Reddit.

Source: Reddit
    • By Starym
      The final hotfixes of the week are here with the On the Offensive achivement (required for Covenant mount purchases and the Maw hand mount version) getting significantly reduced requirements!
      September 14 (Source)
      Achievements
      On the Offensive now requires 6 of the covenant assault achievements to be completed (was 9). Classes
      Rogue Fixed an issue which could cause a player to clip through the platform when using Shadowstep on Mueh'zala in De Other Side.
    • By Starym
      In something that has now become a new WoW tradition, players have been gathering to celebrate the end of Summer as we now have a very thematic seasonal clock in the game! The circle is complete as we've now seen all 4 variations of the mount in-game as well.
      While WoW is pretty static when it comes to seasons and, well, time in general, we now have a really cool connection to the real world in the form of the Wandering Ancient tree mount, so we'll be seeing gatherings like these below a lot!

Source: Galaxy_119.
      And some will be showing the tree off in its natural habitat, proving that even ancients can be VERY stealthy in the right conditions:

Source: drinnster.
      The Wandering Ancient is really awesome and adds extra interactivity and "feel" of the world - definitely one of the better additions to WoW in recent memory and we hope to see these little changing of seasons rituals continue on forever!
      In case you're new or missed when the mount arrived, it should be in your mount collection tab already as  gift if you have Shadowlands purchased, now head on out there and showcase the new Fall colors!
    • By Stan
      Here's a recap of all class changes that went live this week on the 9.1.5 PTR.
      Covenant Abilities
      Fleshcraft absorption in PvP situations decreased to 30% (was 40%). Druid
      Restoration
      Efflorescence received a new animation. We previewed it here. PvP Talents
      Keeper of the Grove - Tranquility's healing is increased by 100% and is unable to be interrupted. Tranquility protects you from all harm while it is channeled, and its healing is increased by 100%. Strength of the Wild - When using Regrowth on an ally the initial heal will always have a critical effect and the cast time of Regrowth will be reduced by 50% for 6 sec. When using Regrowth on an ally the initial heal will have a 50% increased critical chance and the cast time of Regrowth will be reduced by 30% for 6 sec. Strength of the Wild radius increased from 6 to 10 yards in PvP. Monk
      Windwalker
      Dance of Chi-Ji (Level 45 Talent) - Spending Chi has a chance to make your next Spinning Crane Kick free and deal an additional 200% 150% damage. Priest
      Discipline / Holy
      Halo (Level 45 Talent) - Creates a ring of Holy energy around you that quickly expands to a 30 yd radius, healing allies for [ 144% 115% of Spell Power ] and dealing [ 103% of Spell Power ] Holy damage to enemies. The spell now deals reduced healing beyond 6 targets. Divine Star now deals reduced healing beyond 6 targets. The spell cap is now independent on the outgoing/return trips. Rogue
      Legendary Powers
      Toxic Onslaught - Your stealth ability used while Sepsis is active grants you one of Shadow Blades, Adrenaline Rush, or applies Vendetta to your current target for 12 sec. Assassination: When Sepsis expires on your target you gain Adrenaline Rush and Shadow Blades for 10 sec. Outlaw, Subtlety: When Sepsis expires on your target you gain Adrenaline Rush and apply Vendetta to your current target for 10 sec. Shaman
      PvP Talents
      Unleash Shield Elemental: Lightning Shield knockback increased by 33%. Restoration: Earth Shield root increased to 4 seconds (was 3).