FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Unstablez

HC WF KTT v WF BBoY

Hi All

So, I was lucky enough to coin a warforged KTT from my guilds first kill of heroic shammies 2night, however I'm not convinced that it is worth upgrading to replace my normal warforged BBoY given that I'm running the 10437 haste BP and find myself enjoying how much smoother things seem over my prior mastery > crit build. 

Is the upgrade from swapping these two big enough that its actually worth sucking it up and swapping it out and losing the haste BPs or should I just stick with the current settup which feels really smooth? 

Armor link below in case it has any more information needed to make the choice >< 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dathremar/Unstablez/advanced

Thanks for any advice

KCWF KTT is universally considered BiS for Destruction, I'm sticking to BBoY for the time being only because I dont want to waste more valour on a trinket I only use for one spec (none now), and isn't even warforged.

Upgrade your KTT to 588 tomorrow and just go Mastery > Haste > Crit.

The haste breakpoints are negligible in the long run. I do like them on muli-target fights because they mean that Immolate lasts a second or two longer, allowing a longer window to refresh/focus on other things, but ultimately the difference between 10436 and 10437 haste will be impossible to notice compared to a 15% vs 20% uptime on trinkets, for example.

I actually think BBoY of equal item level is BiS for all 3 specs across the board against KTT.  With ideal use, you can better utilize the proc from BBoY than that of KTT.  This separation will be for elite players, only.  If you're pushing 95%ile or higher, than you can and will make better use from BBoY than KTT. 

My further argument against KTT is the poor results I often saw with the proc rate.  The 574 version I have should have generated around 5.5% additional damage, but more often than not generated around 4-4.5%.  With the proc being a static value, it made little difference when you cast your Chaos Bolt.  Note that any CB cast at 6+ stacks of BBoY of equal item level will be superior to KTT's proc.  With semi-high Haste builds and Backdraft, you can cast 3 Chaos Bolts from 6-10 stacks of BBoY.  BBoY also gives a tremendous amount of secondary stats which is, in my opinion, more consistent than KTT.

I think KTT is more easily acquired, so most players have justified using it over BBoY because there is still a limited number of players who can obtain a Heroic BBoY.  My personal testing with my 588 BBoY has been overwhelmingly wonderful while KTT leaves me bitter.

With your KTT being 572 without upgrading and your BBoY 575 with 4/4 upgrades, I would spend 1000 Valor and get your KTT to 588.  You'll see more legwork out of the KTT than you will out of a BBoY 13 item levels inferior. 

• Like 1

BBOY > KTT with proper skill and same ilvl item but what I don't know is if even with proper skill WF KTT > H BBOY.

Snip

Yeah I definitely think BBoY has a higher ceiling, but for your average Joe or on particularly heavy movement, KTT should win out.

I mean on blackfuse now I'm more than comfortable still using BBoY, but for someone just starting hc progression on him, KTT will be a safer bet.

I agree 100% with your post though. 

thanks for all the advice, I guess valor cap and fully upgrade it untll I can get at least a heroic BBoY seems to be the way to go, though that's a long way off :(

I have nothing to add to this thread except the fact that it makes me very sad that you coined a HWF KTT and you are debating on whether or not to use it .. :P

It certainly did not take me much consideration when I got my HWF KTT.    Oooh!!!!  Shiny!!!!  Yes, I will use that. :)

It makes me very sad that i am 14/14 H with Normal PBI & KTT, DAM YOU ALL!

RNG can be painful, normal trinkets at 14/14h especially so.  

I have been 14/14H for two months now and there are Warlocks in 8/14H guilds on my server that have higher ilvl than me ....

Just proves that gear has little to no impact on skill.  Skill can always outplay gear.

Dropped H BBOY today for me...shame it's not WF one...So i'll not upgrade it until i get the others 3 pieces - ring, neck and bracer - upgradable.

After that I'll back fully to Affliction <3

It makes me very sad that i am 14/14 H with Normal PBI & KTT, DAM YOU ALL!

During Wrath I carried the ToC 5 man trinket well into heroic ICC before finally getting the normal mode trinket off of Sindy.  That was with weekly farming trinkets from ToGC, ToC 10/25, and ICC.   I feel your pain.

Just proves that gear has little to no impact on skill.  Skill can always outplay gear.

This. I have however passed on 1x H PBI & KTT to other raiders(not warlocks) during progression to bring their dps up a bit, because you know... warlocks