FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Baifer

Warcraft Logs Critique- Heroic Siege

Hey guys, longtime follower of the forums, and I noticed you helped out people with their logs. Would you mind helping a fellow heroic raider out. I particularly want feedback on Protectors, I feel like I should be pulling more. We do not hero at the pull, nor do we tank them all together. Thanks, Baifer

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ra8F3PLT4fZJndpb#fight=4

We do not hero at the pull, nor do we tank them all together.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ra8F3PLT4fZJndpb#fight=4

First off, do both of those.  Absolutely ZERO reason to have them spread out and negative reasons to save Bloodlust for any other phase of the fight.  You guys Bloodlust in the middle of the fight?  Sounds like you're compensating for bad play, not a good strategy.

With that said, your 580k DPS would go up 100k with Bloodlust at the start, which would put you over the 90th percentile.  Nothing else to say for you.  That Windwalker in your group is pro, too.  After that, it looks like your guild falls off in skill level substantially.  I can consistently pull over 500k DPS as Destruction (in a 10 man!), so Azifbailey should be here looking for help, not you.  Things get really worrisome down at the bottom with a Boomkin doing 206k on a 3 target fight.  Anyone under 350k needs to significantly increase their gameplay. 

Did you take a look at the other logs? Warcraft logs tell me i'm hovering around 85-95% percentile for locks, but I feel like its still low. Granted our strategies on fights hinder being able to exploit havoc. I actually just got the cloak tuesday so the jump in dps was definitely nice. 

On another note, I was considering running affliction full time. I have the heroic legs and shoulders, but i'm wimping out on actually committing to the spec. Thanks again!

Did you take a look at the other logs? Warcraft logs tell me i'm hovering around 85-95% percentile for locks, but I feel like its still low. Granted our strategies on fights hinder being able to exploit havoc. I actually just got the cloak tuesday so the jump in dps was definitely nice. 

On another note, I was considering running affliction full time. I have the heroic legs and shoulders, but i'm wimping out on actually committing to the spec. Thanks again!

When your raid leader has no idea how/when to utilize Bloodlust in order to provide the maximum benefit, you cannot hold yourself responsible for being 85-95th percentile.  PS - that's not low.  That's exceptionally good.  Your strategies on fights look goofy, and I'll bet that your DPS will suffer.  You look like the shiny gem in your guild - hopefully the rest catch up to you. 

I didnt' look at other logs since you wanted me to focus on Protectors.  I can tell right away that your guild does things that won't let me properly look at your DPS.  600k without a front loaded Bloodlust on Protectors is pretty damn awesome. 

Don't "commit" to any spec - always keep your options open and be knowledgeable of all three of your Warlock specializations.  Be ready to swap and adapt at any moment where you think you can help your guild excel.  Since you're in a 25 man, Affliction is a safe spec to fall back on.  Be prepared, however, to switch to Destruction on a fight like Heroic Spoils if your raid's DPS stays as low as it looks.

Hmm, yea myself and the Monk are extremely consistent in our damage. Our odd strats are pretty much catered to what we needed when we didn't out-gear the fights, and I find it hard to break out raid leaders ways.  

Examples of odd strats: 

Protectors- No hero at start, split tanking

Galakras- Tower duty- not really odd, just annoying 

Jugg- We get knocked back and don't run up until phase ends

Shamans- Split tanking

Nazgrim- No hero at pull 

Examples of odd strats: 

Protectors- No hero at start, split tanking

Galakras- Tower duty- not really odd, just annoying 

Jugg- We get knocked back and don't run up until phase ends

Shamans- Split tanking

Nazgrim- No hero at pull 

Protectors - bad

Galakras - you're just being trusted.  Take it as a compliment.  As long as the others aren't overwhelmed below, this should be fine.

Jugg - very reasonable and common strategy.  Eliminates potential derps and decreases raid damage taken.

Shamans - everyone does this unless you're crazy brave

Nazgrim - very common - save Bloodlust for burn. 

I'd say there's just some weird stuff going on with Protectors - at least from what I looked at.  Got another fight you want looked at?

The reason I call these strats odd, is because we vastly overgear them at this point in siege. Aside from trialing recruits, whenever we actually have our main raid on I don't feel its necessary to extend fights more than needed. I asked my raid leader last night and they just chalked it up to doing what works. Parsing isn't a big deal to me, but having the opportunity to is always nice. An off topic question I have is on Sha is it worth FnB the adds or just using FnB conflags and using rain of fire. I wonder if I would do more damage just single target focusing than trying to aoe (at least until later on when pride is high)

they just chalked it up to doing what works.

That's fine and all, but typically, you want to always be in a frame of mind of trying to OPTIMIZE performance, not just get by on what works.  That's for government employees. 

An off topic question I have is on Sha is it worth FnB the adds or just using FnB conflags and using rain of fire. I wonder if I would do more damage just single target focusing than trying to aoe (at least until later on when pride is high)

I love to take the padding opportunities away from the Elemental Shaman in the group.  I posted a 530k+ parse on Heroic Sha this week as Destruction and it was at the time the #1 speed kill in the world at 3:18.  Here's the log: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/k9JMFYZAvC47G6PT#fight=5&type=damage-done (looks like we're down to #4 now, but still up there).  You can see I'm 4th on Reflections and 3rd on Sha so you might ask where my damage comes from.  I solo the Manifestation in the back with glyphed Havoc which is essentially a period of double DPS.  I also destroy the Corrupted Crystal and use it to snag a few Embers. 

Basically, FnB on Reflections won't add up to much unless your group is slow and you get the 3rd/4th pack of Reflections.

Hot damn that damage! I actually feel confident I could mimic your success if our kill times were lower. Our 7 minute kill time kills (heh) any opportunity to have that spike in dps during your second cool down phase. Tonight we are going to try progression pulls on Thok, but i'm more interested in what my damage is going to look like on spoils. 

I'm done playing Destruction for the time being.  It's so boring to me.  With Siege essentially on farm, I'm just like...ugh, another week of watching for weakauras to cast Chaos Bolt.  In 10 man, I'm forced into it for Garrosh, but I'm going to see if I can do the P1 transition and Engineers as Demo.  I just gotta come up with a unique way to do it. 

Why would you be interested in damage on Spoils vs Thok?  Thok is much more meaningful.  Damage on Spoils can be tied to your role within your group on the fight and how many things you can Shadowburn.  Spoils, IMO, is a Challenge Mode dungeon.

I agree, destro is very simple to play and I would even venture to say that I could play it blind and still beat most of the raiders in my guild.

To elaborate on the Thok vs.  Spoils debate, it goes back to the quality of raiders in my guild. I like everyone, but their mindset isn't on personal accountability and progressing, but rather having something to do on Tuesday and Thursday. While I am obligated to stay and progress with them, as they geared me up when I came back, I feel that I could easily compete with locks in 14/14 heroic guilds. As for spoils- we have had 110 wipes on that boss and only 1 kill. Granted this occurred before I got my cloak, I am just curious what kind of impact I would have on our success. 

Thok however I haven't decided which spec to play and only going off of videos I see most specs having moderate success. I think you said you went demonology/affliction for that fight? how would those specs do (specifically affliction) if the fight is extended to 7+ minutes 

You sound like a dude stuck in a relationship with a girl who is fun but you know you could do better because sometimes she just irks you.

You'll greatly add to their success based on the logs I've seen.  Warlocks are very strong on every fight.  I dread at the thought of personal responsibility during Fixate and CD use on Thok if Spoils is that much of a cluster fuck.

Thok doesn't have the flexibility of adding time to it.  If your DPS is good across the group, you can shorten the Fixate phases and get back into stack phases where DPS is higher.  If your DPS is lower (your group), you're going to have to extend Fixate because once he does a 4th Fixate phase, he speeds up over and over until your raid is dead.  It's a soft-enrage mechanic.  I've played Destruction, Demonology, and Affliction on the fight.  You have to prepare on it with your own rotation.  Here's some tips from each spec...

All - Glyph Unending Resolve so you reduce CD by 60 sec (you don't care about the DR)

Affliction - keep DoTs up and use windows of non-interrupts to apply UA.  "Dance" Malefic Grasp so that you can easily cancel cast and start MG up between shouts.  When I did it as Affliction, if I gambled and got Shadow locked, I would use a couple of Fel Flames.  Making too many mistakes will drain your mana hard and using Life Tap while taking high damage won't be a good thing.  Use UR when you get a trinket proc for unmitigated DPS on Thok.

Destruction - use Backdraft x3 to cast Chaos Bolt between shouts after his 8th shout.  From there on out, keep Immo up and get one Incinerate between casts.  Weave Conflag -> Chaos Bolt when you can.  If you get a trinket, use UR and use a couple of CBs.

Demo - use the beginning shouts to build as much Demonic Fury as possible.  Use UR to facilitate this.  When you get to the higher shout stacks (8+), you can stay in Metamorphosis and use ToC to expand your time spent in Meta.  The benefit of this is two fold - all your DPS is instant, so you can't get interrupted, and the armor bonus of Meta mitigates a large portion of his shout damage. 

Whatever spec you play, you have to change how you play it significantly.