FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

New Lightforged Draenei and Nightborne Customization Options Coming in Patch 9.1.5

56061-fan-concept-of-nightborne-customiz

Lightforged Draenei and Nightborne will receive new customization options in Patch 9.1.5. Other notable additions include ear size options for Void Elves, new Druid travel forms, and Soulshapes for Night Fae.

Blizzard Logo(Source)

Greetings everyone

Our characters in game are a virtual representation of who we are in Azeroth and having more character customization options to design our characters helps us feel closer to them. Shadowlands brought a whole array of new customization options to the player races in World of Warcraft, but there were a few of the Allied Races that didn’t get as much attention as the rest.

Back at BlizzConline in February, we stated that we had no plans to add additional customization options until after Shadowlands, but after hearing the passionate feedback around the issue, we looked into whether we could implement more options sooner. We’re pleased to announce that 9.1.5 will introduce new character customization options for Nightborne and Lightforged Draenei which include: new hair styles, hair colors, facial hair, skin colors, accessories, horns, tail length, tattoos, and more!

In addition to new customization options for Lightforged Draenei and Nightborne, 9.1.5 will also introduce other cosmetics such as:

• Ear Size options for Void Elves
  • New Travel Forms for Druids
  • New Soulshapes for Night Fae
    • New Crittershapes to unlock: Soulshape into an adorable squirrel or other small critters. Note: Due to their tiny appearances, they are only usable in rested areas.
    • Option to Soulshape and Crittershape into randomly collected appearances.
  • New Toys

We’ll be continuing to expand our character customization in the future, with our sights set on Highmountain Tauren next.

Stay tuned for more information.

• Like 2

Clearly this is an attempt to distract from the ongoing lawsuit problems facing the company, as they previously said back in February there would be no more customizations added during Shadowlands...

That being said, the customizations added to Nightborne and Lightforged are sorely needed. But what about the rest of the Allied Races, like Dark Iron Dwarves, Mag'har, Highmountain Tauren? These are also on the low-end of the spectrum in terms of customizations.

Also, new Travel Forms for Druids, but no new Ghost Forms for Shaman? Pretty sure not every Shaman wants a "Ghost Wolf" form. A Tauren Shaman may want a "Ghost Kodo" form, while a Goblin Shaman may want a "Ghost Crab" form etc.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Meurik said:

Clearly this is an attempt to distract from the ongoing lawsuit problems facing the company, as they previously said back in February there would be no more customizations added during Shadowlands...

I wouldn't call it a distraction. If it was a distraction they would have released this info right at the start when things were going down hill rapidly for them. The damage is done, everyone knows about the lawsuit, so to blatantly label this as a "distraction" is a bit far fetched. Some people are fired, some are getting investigated, JAB left, new leaders are put in place, they just recognized that nothing isn't going to get done so might as well start working once more. Hopefully, with better working conditions in place.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Rhondis said:

I wouldn't call it a distraction. If it was a distraction they would have released this info right at the start when things were going down hill rapidly for them. The damage is done, everyone knows about the lawsuit, so to blatantly label this as a "distraction" is a bit far fetched. Some people are fired, some are getting investigated, JAB left, new leaders are put in place, they just recognized that nothing isn't going to get done so might as well start working once more. Hopefully, with better working conditions in place.

Fair enough. Still contend that it may be a bit of a distraction from the overall mess they're currently in, but I hope there will be more positives in the near future (both within the game and the company).

Next up: Tier Sets! (also a promised Shadowlands return feature). And not the god awful "Domination socket/shard" stuff from 9.1, thank you! The primary use of new Tier sets was the set bonuses changing a bit of how the class/spec playstyle feels. Not just 2-pc bonus: Increase crit by 1%... Also new visuals for each class that are distinctly tied to that particular class.

"passionate feedback."

That's a funny way of saying "lots of people canceled their accounts and finally discovered FFXIV exists."

Edited by Desumetal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Meurik said:

A Tauren Shaman may want a "Ghost Kodo" form

One only needs to run Tol Dagor (or any 'narrow' dungeon) with double kodo BM Hunter once to not want anything kodo-related.

• Haha 2

we should be able to change the way they WALK and RUN.. in my personal opinion nightborne walk like a retarded with long steps and like if they stay on the air for a second.. dont know they remember me "dump and dumber movie" when jim carrey was running like a retarded... 

and another minor but significant update would be the loading screen.. plz let us have multiple loading screen not the same one all the time we going into SL.. there are a bunch of cool wallpapers they can use as loading screens

14 hours ago, Meurik said:

I'd say less distraction, more the new guys trying to show willing perhaps. As Rhondis said, it's a bit late for distraction, but it's a good time to show they may start listening and giving more. At least v early signs

1 hour ago, Bobbis said:

I'd say less distraction, more the new guys trying to show willing perhaps. As Rhondis said, it's a bit late for distraction, but it's a good time to show they may start listening and giving more. At least v early signs

What new guys? It's the same dev team. Those who were fired or "let go" were from Activision Blizzard management, some from D4 team, but here John Hight and some other major positions are still around.

Edited by Arcling

2 hours ago, Arcling said:

What new guys? It's the same dev team. Those who were fired or "let go" were from Activision Blizzard management, some from D4 team, but here John Hight and some other major positions are still around.

The two that replaced JAB

55 minutes ago, Bobbis said:

The two that replaced JAB

They aren't making those decisions though. Co-leaders aren't on the dev team, those are completely different jobs. John Hight is still the game's executive producer. He's not new.

20 hours ago, Meurik said:

Also, new Travel Forms for Druids, but no new Ghost Forms for Shaman? Pretty sure not every Shaman wants a "Ghost Wolf" form. A Tauren Shaman may want a "Ghost Kodo" form, while a Goblin Shaman may want a "Ghost Crab" form etc.

Ghost Wolf currently has two Glyphs, large Spectral Wolf and Spectral Raptor, which is akin to the Boomie Celestial glyph. I fully support adding a Ghost Crab for gobbos, and a kodo form for Tauren, as I am desperately hoping for Troll druids to get an Echo Isles Bloodtalon Raptor form:

182077.jpg

Edited by SidonisAntares
  • Like 1

Customization for characters is awesome and is a small foot forward into the right direction.  But I rather they took the time and work harder on salvaging SL instead of waiting for the next expansion to erase all problems and mistakes or worse create new ones that effect player progression.

Use to I would log into WoW 6-7 days a week playing 5-6 hrs at a time on my Main and maybe an alt or two.  Now I log into 2 days out of the week just to Raid with the Guild and maybe do a key or two.  The gatekeeping and the constant moving of the goal posts is tiredsome and my retention of the game has made me less motivated to even playing more on my Main.

Meanwhile, heritage armors are put on hold. Obscure, Irrelevant, trash a'ss garbage like mechagnomes and foxes have them, but more prominent races like orcs and humans don't. Thanks for the Lightforged haircuts though... this race doesn't exist for 99.9% of players.

Edited by BobTheHuman

On 8/21/2021 at 7:42 PM, BobTheHuman said:

Obscure, Irrelevant, trash a'ss garbage like mechagnomes and foxes have them, but more prominent races like orcs and humans don't.

Even gnomes and goblins got their heritage armor! Races that maybe 10 people play on a regular basis. It's weird that they gave them to mostly less played races, except for blood elves. I wonder if they just gave up on them or is there a chance for more.

• Like 1