FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
dasbaer

Professions for a new hunter

Hi im still pretty new to wow, started mid cata. I just got my hunter to 85 and i would really like to find a profession, i've heard that engineering and leatherworking are the best but i dont know which one will be most beneficial. Any advice would be awsome.

• Like 1

Hello, dasbaer.

Well, it dependes of you gameplay ( as someone told me), but In my hunter, I have LW and Engineering , and It rocks all the time .

I have done some math, and even if you switch engineering for BS ( extra slot on bracer and gloves), the differente of agility from the tinker of Enginnering, almost dont make anny improve at all ( personnal opinion).

So yeah, stay with LW and Engineering( its what I use on my hunter ). They both rock Posted Image

trust me.. I'm an engineer xD

Edited by DavideSilva

Hi,

As a new player I would choose a gathering profession as one of the two. Any of them are good.

Herbalism - good combined with alchemy or inscription (my hunter combination)

Skinning - great with LW

Mining - Great with three professions, BS, Eng and JC.

It not only let's you grab your own materials, saving you cash on buying them; I found this especially important when I come to make a specific recipe and can't find what I want on the AH. It will also let you make some money on the AH; the costs of mats always seems to be more than the final object, especially at lower levels.

Hope this helps.

Gulfv

(Who also joined mid-cata)

Whenever I start a new toon, I always go Mining and Herbs to begin with.

This way, I can farm both herbs and ores along the way, both of which grant XP for each node you gather.

Once I get to level 85, I generally have more than half the mats to max out a crafting profession of my choosing.

It dependes , aswell of your gameplay..!

For raider, gathering professions I dont think it would help you a lot, but just an opinion :)

• Like 1

It dependes , aswell of your gameplay..!

For raider, gathering professions I dont think it would help you a lot, but just an opinion Posted Image

Yeah. If you care that much about dps now BS and ENG are the way to go... Otherwise I'd say go with something that gives a good boost yet it easy to level like skinning or something.