FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
LittleDansonGuy

Any Help/Advice for HC Sha of Pride?- Ele Sham

Hello, Icy Veins!

I'm coming to the many Ele experts to ask how they go about doing the HC Sha of Pride. I'm averaging only about 215-220k DPS during this fight. There is a lot of dancing around and moving from here to there to soak rifts, but how is it that a usually immobile class like our Warlock is putting out about 60k more DPS than myself? Our gear is extremely similar, she may just have an extra piece.

I have fixed my rotation from a suggestion from a post a few weeks back, so my rotation is solid. Is it just that Shamans are fairly lower tier to the Warlock rotation? Or is there something more I can be doing to increase my effectiveness in such a consistently moving fight?

Thanks for all your help!

-Dan

Hello, Icy Veins!

I'm coming to the many Ele experts to ask how they go about doing the HC Sha of Pride. I'm averaging only about 215-220k DPS during this fight. There is a lot of dancing around and moving from here to there to soak rifts, but how is it that a usually immobile class like our Warlock is putting out about 60k more DPS than myself? Our gear is extremely similar, she may just have an extra piece.

I have fixed my rotation from a suggestion from a post a few weeks back, so my rotation is solid. Is it just that Shamans are fairly lower tier to the Warlock rotation? Or is there something more I can be doing to increase my effectiveness in such a consistently moving fight?

Thanks for all your help!

-Dan

Hey Dan!  Thanks for coming back, I'm glad to hear the advice from last time is panning out.

First off, you're going to be behind a warlock in nearly every scenario.  The only times that I even come close, the Warlock is doing other things such as ressing or mechanics.  And for comparisons sake, my latest rank on Sha was world 4th, pulling 500k DPS, but our warlock was still ahead by ~20k.

As a class and of equal skill and gear, they'll commonly be ahead of Eles by around 5-10%, just due to balance.

Other than that, I'm guessing that it's just your gear.  If I recall, you had a poor trinket pool (IE: No KTT, which can be a rather significant DPS increase, up to 7%) along with a few less than optimal pieces.  Wait until you're a little closer, and choose Malkorok for your real comparison fight and see how you stack up.

If you have any logs, I'd be happy to run a second audit just to be sure you're really up to snuff, but I'm sure you're doing well and should be confident with a 2nd or 3rd place finish on most bosses.

Hey, Hybrys!

Been meaning to finally get a piece of log out to you, but it always skips my mind. Now, I forgot to /combatlog before we did Sha, but I did record Juggernaut and he is a fairly (slightly less, however) mobile boss. Hopefully you can take a look at this and let me know what you think. I was able to get my Normal KTT last week as well. Also, I checked out a past broadcast of yours and was able to get a little guidance with Sha, but you guys took him down so fast, I'm not sure it helped me much. ;)

Thanks for your help, Hybrys!

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fTxVCKj8P3nvcWX9/#type=damage-done&fight=3&by=source

"New" Armory Update: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/silver-hand/Lirata/simple

Hey, Hybrys!

Been meaning to finally get a piece of log out to you, but it always skips my mind. Now, I forgot to /combatlog before we did Sha, but I did record Juggernaut and he is a fairly (slightly less, however) mobile boss. Hopefully you can take a look at this and let me know what you think. I was able to get my Normal KTT last week as well. Also, I checked out a past broadcast of yours and was able to get a little guidance with Sha, but you guys took him down so fast, I'm not sure it helped me much. wink.png

Thanks for your help, Hybrys!

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fTxVCKj8P3nvcWX9/#type=damage-done&fight=3&by=source

"New" Armory Update: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/silver-hand/Lirata/simple

Heh, we one tank that fight now, because we kill it so fast.  Everyone was above 400k DPS for our last kill.

I'll be streaming next week, the entire instance, and I'll try to put together some highlights so that Twitch doesn't delete it.

You're not wearing 4pc anymore?  The gloves are much better itemized than any other piece, though!  You also have a lot of crit pieces.  Bad luck, I'm guessing?  

Remember that sometimes the value of those secondary stats is actually higher than the extra Int from swapping to a heroic piece.  For example, if you had a Normal pair of tier gloves, those would be better than the Soul-Soaked, even though they have significantly less Int.  This is exemplified by the fact that the entire Spirit value on those gloves is being wasted, since you're at 21% hit!

Your logs look pretty good.  Elemental Blast should be a little bit higher, with a potential for 36 casts (not counting Siege mode, 28 with it counted @ 45 sec per phase.)  Uptime on Flame Shock should also be a bit higher, with you seeing 92% uptime before the first Siege mode, 99% between the first and second (good job there), and about 95% after the second Siege mode.

Your Dark Shamans opener doesn't have Lava Beam, which confuses me a little bit.  W/ the Glyph and opening with a precast EB straight into Ascend and Lava Beam spam, I can open up at over 1.4mil DPS.  I'd recommend you do the same, as you'll see the dogs melt pronto.  Your raid leader may ask you to target the dogs first, BUT when you're using Lava Beam you want to be targeting one of the bosses.  This is because Lava Beam increases it's damage by 10% for every jump.

Your Dark Shamans opener doesn't have Lava Beam, which confuses me a little bit.  W/ the Glyph and opening with a precast EB straight into Ascend and Lava Beam spam, I can open up at over 1.4mil DPS.  I'd recommend you do the same, as you'll see the dogs melt pronto.  Your raid leader may ask you to target the dogs first, BUT when you're using Lava Beam you want to be targeting one of the bosses.  This is because Lava Beam increases it's damage by 10% for every jump.

Our raid gets in extreme trouble if they dare to cleave at the start of Heroic Dark Shaman.

Our raid gets in extreme trouble if they dare to cleave at the start of Heroic Dark Shaman.

Really?  Why would that be?

Lost effective damage is lost effective damage...

Besides, they opened with Chain Lightning spam and used Ascendance later with Lava Bursts.  So it's not the same 'forbidden deepz' situation.

A lot of good information there. Thank you.

A couple of replies:

-MoP SoO is my first real raiding experience with Normals and Heroics, so when I see a piece of gear say 'Heroic', I just assume it's an upgrade. I'll keep in mind that I should be still looking out for best in slot no matter the iLvl.

-Our guild is currently struggling with Shamans, unfortunately. So, you're seeing those logs on a night where I was just trying something new. Usually I pre-pot and pop Ascendance and Beam Bloodclaw, but I will now start using Beam on one of the bosses.

-Through some miracle I kept my tier gloves, so I have re-equipped those. Would you mind explaining a little more how it's better? I understand the Intellect portion, but how are these secondary stats any better for my current situation. That is, since I'm not that close to hitting the next haste cap, how much better are these gloves in reality. On top of that, is our 4 set bonus even a decent damage dealer? Or am I trying to keep tier pieces for the simple sake of reduced spirit and bolstered secondary stats?

I'm interested... for my iLvl and what you see on those logs, are the numbers correlating, or am I a little behind?

Thanks again, Hybrys!

-Dan

-Through some miracle I kept my tier gloves, so I have re-equipped those. Would you mind explaining a little more how it's better? I understand the Intellect portion, but how are these secondary stats any better for my current situation. That is, since I'm not that close to hitting the next haste cap, how much better are these gloves in reality. On top of that, is our 4 set bonus even a decent damage dealer? Or am I trying to keep tier pieces for the simple sake of reduced spirit and bolstered secondary stats?

I'm interested... for my iLvl and what you see on those logs, are the numbers correlating, or am I a little behind?

Thanks again, Hybrys!

-Dan

The spirit on the Soul-Soaked gloves are completely wasted, because you're so far over the Hit cap.  Along with that, the crit is significantly less valuable than both the Mastery/Haste on the tier gloves.

It's important to think about the true value of stats.  Int is worth a lot, but Mastery/Haste are too!

You can figure out your own higher/lower ilvl comparisons with some really simple math, applying weights to each stat point.

Spell Hit/Spirit (that can be used) = 6.5
Intellect = 5.2
Spell Power = 4.2
Mastery = 3
Haste = 2.9
Crit = 2.3

Soul-Soaked Heroic:
10765 (Because the Spirit/Spell Hit is completely wasted)

Tier Gloves Normal:

And this is BEFORE counting that the Soul-Soaked has a blue socket that's significantly more difficult to match.

As for the 4pc set bonus, it's not a great gain (about 1.5% on average in my logs) but the set items are typically also itemized the best.

Really?  Why would that be?

Lost effective damage is lost effective damage...

Besides, they opened with Chain Lightning spam and used Ascendance later with Lava Bursts.  So it's not the same 'forbidden deepz' situation.

Well, with the 3-tank strat you don't want to phase them too quickly. The extra 20s or whatever is totally negligible; much better not to accidentally wipe :P

Well, with the 3-tank strat you don't want to phase them too quickly. The extra 20s or whatever is totally negligible; much better not to accidentally wipe tongue.png

I gotcha, you don't want to push the next boss mechanic too fast.

We don't like holding back... So we rarely do. =P

Not to badger, but do you notice any inconsistencies in my numbers?

Not badgering at all!  I missed the question, so I'll respond now.

You're a little lower than you should be, but not off by far.  It also doesn't help that the IJ kill looks like an accidental pull, and that you sit away from the boss for the duration of Siege mode.

If you have another Sha of Pride or Malkorok, I could probably get a better look at some more exact DPS vs gear specifics.  The best I can see here is the short-term things, such as Galak burst or IJ single phase performance.

By the way, you were top DPS for the Galakras burst.  Right where you belong. =P

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fTxVCKj8P3nvcWX9/#type=summary&fight=1&start=849741&end=970729

Awesome. Well, I will keep working at it and probably ask for some help a little later on when we start Malk, as you make it seem like that might be an interesting fight like Sha is.

Thanks a lot, Hybrys!

Awesome. Well, I will keep working at it and probably ask for some help a little later on when we start Malk, as you make it seem like that might be an interesting fight like Sha is.

Thanks a lot, Hybrys!

Think about it this way.  Malkorok is a Patchwerk-style zergfest, with a little movement tossed in.  My highest parse is 450k DPS, start to finish.

It's amazing fun, at least for me.  It's frustrating to learn, though.