FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sikkz

Evanesce

So, alpha is here.  Looked at the alpha talent calculator for mages, and this little gem with the name of "Evanesce" has taken the place of PoM. 

Can we please talk about this spell?  I want opinions.

A 3-second immunity on a 45-second cool-down.  Off the GCD, and can even be cast while you are in the middle of casting/channeling an ability.  WHAT?

I can't be the only one who thinks that this spell is going to have a disgusting amount of potential to cheese boss mechanics.  Obviously the downside of this is the fact that we would have to give up Ice Floes/Blazing Speed, which is unfortunate, but just thinking about the potential of this spell is quite incredible.  I understand we are still in alpha, but still, to think this spell may actually exist.

Would love to hear what you guys think about this.

Edited by Scottylol

Hello Scottylol

You are misunderstanding the use of Evanesce. It doesn't make you immune rather it makes you dodge all attacks, pretty much like a deterrence. You won't be able to "stand in fire" with Evanesce. Highly probable you won't be able to move either during the duration. Considering how they said they want dps to be less mobile, Icy Floes seems an excellent pick in comparison to me.

Cheers 
Berlinia

Interesting - the wording confused me a little bit.  I suppose still very strong situationally, but I agree that Ice Floes will most likely reign king. I knew it was too good to be true! Haha, thanks for clarifying Berlinia! 

Icy Floes is vital for min-maxing GCD usage. It is my favorite talent as a Frost Mage besides maybe Nether Tempest.