FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MichaelMaloney

What build is better? (533 destro lock)

i was watching some sparkuggz videos  (basic guide on character optimization) and when he was choosing what build it was he went mastery>haste instead of mastery>crit and i was wondering if there was a dps increase or if one build is better than the other for a 533 serstro lock. links https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr0J9ohrQw0#t=102

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Jelroztok/advanced

Mastery >haste >crit.

Read zagam's guides on it, it's very in depth , and tells you loads more.

I need not say any more?.

The only difference is play style, the DPS gain/loss between the two is very, very minor. Crit will result in larger CBs and the feeling of more embers per cast, haste will feel a little smoother and allow for getting in clutch CBs near the end of a trinket proc.

You can pick how to go, haste or crit, as long as you place mastery above all else and don't go above about 11-12k haste. After that much haste the GCD capping issues are to great and it loses value Vs. crit. If you're running aff as your offspec and you're going for the 14xxx haste BP in aff, you *can* use that in destro without reforging back and forth but there will be a lot of times that destro feels clunky due to haste procs of LMG, bloodlust, prof/racial, and such.