FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cam

Advanced guide to doing top DPS (Frost Mage, Funny version)

Immerseus.

- Ask your off tank to tank the adds on top of you for easy Cone of Cold and Arcane Explosion spam.

Protectors

- Dot all the things

- Don't move when you have sha sear on you, it does very little damage to the raid.

- Always throw the He add from you instantly, 10 seconds of Ice Block soaking is a DPS loss

- If one of the bosses gets low and your raid leader asks you to stop DPS'ing it still throw dots on it because otherwise it's a DPS loss.

- Always attack the bosses that are stacked in cleave range, even if He and Sun are in cleave range and Rook is the target the raid leader assigned don't do it. Ice Lance cleave is a significant DPS gain.

Noroushen

- Ignore everything your raid leader says and take the orb at the start of the fight.

- Dot all the things

- Most guilds use heroism when everyone is purified. You can ignore that and pop time warp + cooldowns as soon as your immerseus trinket has procced.

Sha of Pride

- Pray you don't get pacman

- Don't take rifts

- Pet Freeze + CoC the adds then Arcane explosion.

- If you are lucky enough to get aggro on the adds when they spawn pull them away from the melee so you can do more DPS on them

- Pop Time Warp at start regardless of what the raid leader says.

- Use Potion + Cooldowns on the reflection adds and NOT at sub 30 percent when your raid leader tells you to.

- Dot the corrupted fragment and switch back to the boss. Let other people take care if it.

- Don't move to free people from prisons... just don't be that guy.

Galakras

- Don't go towers

- Don't waste GCD's on stunning or interrupting the adds.

- Don't kill banners or totems, they have like 1 hp and it's a waste of a GCD.

- 'Accidently' pop Time Warp + all cooldowns on the big trash wave with two Shamans.

- If you are assigned to fire the cannons then say in TS 'I DC's someone else will need to' and continue to dot all the things

- Dot all the things.

Jugger

- Frost Mages doing good DPS on this fight is a myth.

Shamans

- Pop Time Warp on the pull regardless of what your raid leader says

- Dot all the things

Nazgrim

- Defensive Stance is not a real thing

- Dot the adds up during beserker stance and switch back to boss regardless of what your raid leader tells you to do.

Malkorok

- Frost Mages doing good DPS on this fight is a myth

Spoils

- Open all of the boxes and dot all of the things.

Thok 

Siegecrafter

Paragons

- Dot all of the things

Garrosh

- Dot the mind controlled (You still do damage to them even after they are freed)

- Ignore everything the raid leader says in Phase 1 and AoE everything

- If you are asked to take care of the siege engineer then just say NO!

- Save FoF charged for mind controls during phase 2 for the extra cleave

This actually made my day. biggrin.png Thank you. But I will add "troll version" to the title so we won't mislead new players. smile.png

I would change some things.
Paragons and protectors:
Go Arcane and Dot All the things.
Also ask your tanks to spawn extra parasites so you can dot them as well.

Garrosh:
Take NT and Dot all the sha spawns in the Empowered Whirling in Heroic mode.

Oh and Use Arcane explosion

Edited by Berlinia

Even better, on Garrosh:

1. Spec into arcane

2. During p1 stand with melee

3. Spec into frost bomb

4. Take CoC glyph

5. Spam arcane explosion, frost bomb on cd, CoC on cd, barrage on 4 stacks (throw in frost nova here and there)

6. Show locks who's daddy! biggrin.png

Edited by lynx

Nah lynx not good enough. You get insane burst int he beginning but people tend to spread when the adds spawn in Empowered Whirling. Idk why it's so stupid you lose on potential AoE. NT is amazing then for blanketing the adds and then run aroudn with Glyph Arcane Explosion.

Best use of Frost Nova is, when the Iron Star is coming and a druid is trying to typhoon the adds into the Star. Use Frost Nova to prevent the push back and do more DEEPS with shatter combo omg!

• Like 4

Best use of Frost Nova is, when the Iron Star is coming and a druid is trying to typhoon the adds into the Star. Use Frost Nova to prevent the push back and do more DEEPS with shatter combo omg!

This made me respect you

• Like 1

@topic starter i serioulsy hope u were joking and noone of us can see ur sense of humor

Let me ask you one question if uve been serious about this; What IF everyone would do what u reccommend for example, not closing rifts, or go for prisons, tell me what would happen?

Relax mate it was obviously a troll :)
Check your mod's reaction to it :)

• Like 1

@topic starter i serioulsy hope u were joking and noone of us can see ur sense of humor

Let me ask you one question if uve been serious about this; What IF everyone would do what u reccommend for example, not closing rifts, or go for prisons, tell me what would happen?

Mate he speaks the truth, no mechanics = rank 1

http://www.twitch.tv/frenikk/c/4427394

This actually made my day. :D Thank you. But I will add "troll version" to the title so we won't mislead new players. :)

When I read troll version I assumed racials.

• Like 4

I am not suggesting that EVERYONE doesn't close rifts or free prisons, just frost mages. If you are unlucky enough to be in one of those Frost Mage only raid teams then maybe this guide won't work.

However, I was not joking. These are all legitimate ways of doing higher DPS. Obviously, during progress kills you should maybe cut back a bit with the scumbagging. But during farm when all bosses are a one shot there is no reason not to have a bit of fun and see how far you can push yourself on each fight.