FORUMS
Vlad

Summoner Druid Build

Early leveling questions:

1.  Max Dire wolf first, then Grizzly?  Guide says to spend remaining points into Dire Wolf and then Max Grizzly, from lvl 1 and no poison creeper, a player will not have remaining points as they are spending points as they level up.

2.  When to spend those 5 points into Werebear?  As  available or what level?  When is shock wave and/or Maul viable to use with such a short duration on werebear form?

A note about the endgame build items:

Trang-Oul's Claws does not give bonus's to summoning. It gives +2 to Curses for necros.

On 10/6/2021 at 2:06 PM, sinjin said:

Early leveling questions:

1.  Max Dire wolf first, then Grizzly?  Guide says to spend remaining points into Dire Wolf and then Max Grizzly, from lvl 1 and no poison creeper, a player will not have remaining points as they are spending points as they level up.

2.  When to spend those 5 points into Werebear?  As  available or what level?  When is shock wave and/or Maul viable to use with such a short duration on werebear form?

Sinjin,

im not the post author, nor am i running werebear (i'm running maul werewolf instead) However i can answer your first question. Early levels its good to take Poison Creeper as it outputs good damage, and then use a respec later to take points out of it to reassign into your summons.

As for when you should put points into what summons, it depends. Each creature gives its own bonus to the others.

Spirit Wolves give summons Attack Rating and Defense
Dire Wolves give summons Life
Grizzly gives summons Damage increase.

That being said, if your summon dies too much, put points into Dire Wolves or Spirit Wolves. If your summons are staying alive, i'd put points into Grizzly for damage until its either maxed out or you think they need a Defense/Health boost.

At level 35 I used a respec from Akara and put about 7 points into the shapeshifting tree and the rest into my summons. From there as I leveled I leveled my shape shifting skills first out of personal preference, and I wasn't upset with my summons damage or health at the time. Next i maxed out my heart of the Wolverine before my Grizzly because in my Werewolf form I wasn't hitting as often as liked. At that point however I had about 3 points into Grizzly (plus extra points from gear that i was wearing at the time) Note: I only put 1 point into Ravens and used those extra points in my shapeshifting tree. I personally don't like ravens.

Sorry if this is a little all over the place. I do hope this helps a little bit.

Edited by Phoenixfire77
additionall info

Ya the added points in Dire wolf are going to increase the health, plus you will want to use them as summons as you will get more damage from running 3 of those rather than a bear!

As for being a Grizzly, really it is just all about being in the form so you can shockwave stuff. You won't be hitting stuff very much but rather just assisting your summons!