Summoner Druid Build for Diablo 2 Resurrected
The Summoner Druid is a unique build as most Druids will end up focusing their skills in the Elemental or Shapeshifting Tree while only using Summons as support. On the flip side, if a player focuses all of their efforts into the Summoning Tree, they can create a build that is effective enough to clear the game while being decently safe. Thanks to 2.4, all Summons can now be out at once meaning the Zoo Druid is finally here!
If you are tired of playing Summon Necromancer and looking for another Summoning class, the Druid is your next stop! With immortal Ravens, a pack of strong Wolves, a massive Life boosting Oak Sage, and a tanky Bear, there are a lot of options to work your way through the game while staying safe. Definitely not the strongest build in the game, but can be fun with enough gear with skill bonuses.
You can check the viability of this build in PvM by consulting our PvM Tier List.
Summoner Druid Skill Build
The following section shows the core skills for the Summon Druid. For a detailed breakdown of all core and optional skills as well as the recommended order for allocating skill points, refer to the Skills page of this guide.
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Summon Grizzly — damage synergy for your summons, required
- 20 points to Summon Dire Wolf — main skill used. Invest immediately, required
- 20 points to Summon Spirit Wolf — Attack Rating and Defense for your summons, required
- 20 points to a Sage of your choosing, required
Summoner Druid Stat Points and Attributes
|Enough for Gear||Enough for Gear||Everything Else||None|
You can read more details about the Stats and Attribute requirements for this build on our Skills page.
Summoner Druid Gear
The following section shows some of the most important items for the Summon Druid. For a detailed per-slot breakdown of all Summon Druid items and alternative builds, refer to the Gear page of this guide.
- Weapon: Beast
- Weapon Swap: Call to Arms and Spirit
- Shield: Spirit Monarch Shield
- Body Armor: Enigma
- Helm: Jalal's Mane, Harlequin Crest
- Gloves: Trang-Oul's Claws
- Boots: Ethereal Sandstorm Treks
- Belt: Arachnid Mesh
- Ring 1: The Stone of Jordan or Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
- Ring 2: The Stone of Jordan or Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
- Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope
- Charm 1: Druid Hellfire Torch
- Charm 2: Annihilus
- Charm 3: 9x Skiller Grand Charms with Life
- Charm 4: 10 Small Charms with Life, Resistances, Mana, or Faster Hit Recovery depending on needs
MrLlamaSC's Summoner Druid Video Guide
We also have a video guide that goes over the build, if you prefer that instead of or in addition to our written guide.
Summoner Druid Breakpoints
In Diablo 2, stats that affect action speed (known as frames) for attacking, casting, blocking, and recovering from a hit can almost never be taken literally. For example, gaining 10% Increased Attack Speed from an item will not necessarily translate into 10% faster attacks. To achieve faster actions, certain breakpoints must be reached, which vary for every class. The tables below list how much of a given stat is required to actually improve the action speed of the class for the stated action.
Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints
|Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||14||13||12||11||10||9||8||7||6||5||4||3||2|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame (Human, Two-Handed Weapon)||-||0%||5%||10%||16%||26%||39%||56%||86%||152%||377%||-||-|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame (Human, One-Handed Weapon)||0%||3%||7%||13%||19%||29%||42%||63%||99%||174%||456%||-||-|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame (Wolf)||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||0%||9%||20%||42%||86%||280%|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame (Bear)||-||0%||5%||10%||16%||24%||37%||54%||86%||152%||360%||-||-|
Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||18||17||16||15||14||13||12||11||10||9|
|Faster Cast Rate required to reach frame (Human)||0%||4%||10%||19%||30%||46%||68%||99%||163%||-|
|Faster Cast Rate required to reach frame (Wolf)||-||-||0%||6%||14%||26%||40%||60%||95%||157%|
|Faster Cast Rate required to reach frame (Bear)||-||-||0%||7%||15%||26%||40%||63%||99%||163%|
Faster Block Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Block Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||12||11||10||9||8||7||6||5||4||3|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame (Human)||-||0%||6%||13%||20%||32%||52%||86%||174%||-|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame (Wolf)||-||-||-||0%||7%||15%||27%||48%||86%||200%|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame (Bear)||0%||5%||10%||16%||27%||40%||65%||109%||223%||-|
Summoner Druid Mercenary
You can either choose a Defensive ( Holy Freeze) or Offensive ( Might) Act 2 Nightmare Mercenary. I prefer Might Mercenary for this character to increase the damage of all of my summons.
- Weapon: Pride
- Body Armor: Ethereal Fortitude
- Helm: Ethereal Andariel's Visage socketed with a Ral Rune
Summoner Druid Early Leveling
The Summon Druid can be leveled in a few different ways. If wanting to Summon from the start, we recommend this leveling path.
- 4 points to Poison Creeper
- 1 point to Raven
- 10 points to Summon Spirit Wolf at levels 6-11
- 1 point to Oak Sage at level 17
- All remaining points to Summon Dire Wolf
- Max out Summon Grizzly and Oak Sage after
- Respec out of Poison Creeper when desired
For more comprehensive leveling advice, please refer to our Druid Fastest Leveling Build.
- 28 Apr. 2022 (skills page): Updated for Patch 2.4.
- 30 Sep. 2021 (this page): Added video guide embed.
- 19 Sep. 2021 (gear page): Page added.
- 19 Sep. 2021 (skills page): Page added.
- 19 Sep. 2021 (this page): Build added.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- World Boss Ashava Spawn Times on the Diablo 4 Server Slam
- Diablo 4 World Boss Ashava Solo Hardcore Kill at Level 20
- Necromancer Skeletons Buffed in Diablo 4 Server Slam
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Diablo 4 Server Slam: Known Issues List
- Diablo 4 Post-Launch Updates: What to Expect?
- Get Diablo 4 with Select GeForce RTX 40 Series