FORUMS
Vlad

Meteorb Sorceress Build

You mention hiring a nightmare merc from Act 2. I believe the stat difference between normal, nightmare, and hell has been removed, so am I correct to assume that the difficulty from which the merc is hired is irrelevant?

Edited by Datum

23 hours ago, Datum said:

You mention hiring a nightmare merc from Act 2. I believe the stat difference between normal, nightmare, and hell has been removed, so am I correct to assume that the difficulty from which the merc is hired is irrelevant?

The stats are the same, but the skills are not. The Act 2 Desert Guard from nightmare is an especially strange case that has an aura that is distinct from its normal and hell counterparts, as follows:

• Combat (Normal): Prayer
  • Combat (Nightmare): Thorns
  • Combat (Hell): Prayer
  • Defense (Normal): Defiance
  • Defense (Nightmare): Holy Freeze
  • Defense (Hell): Defiance
  • Offense (Normal): Blessed Aim
  • Offense (Nightmare): Might
  • Offense (Hell): Blessed Aim

Minor mismatch with the text mentioning you should add 1 to fire mastery and 20 to firebolt, while the calculator shows 20 in fire mastery and 1 in firebolt.

Fire mastery or firebolt depends on if you want more damage for meteor or more damage for fireball.

Also, you can use fire early yes! Just go firebolt into fireball and use that until you are ready to respec

I've never built a meteorb sorc. right now i have a blizz sorc (i have re-spec'd once). Obviously in act 1 hell, tons of cold immunes. is a Meteorb sorc capable of dealing tons of damage to be able to farm and do Hell herself? 

Yeah the Meteorb Sorceress does sacrifice a bit of speed but can gain enough Fire damage to deal with immunities that you're required to kill. A big note is that you won't be amazingly strong in BOTH fire and cold as you level. Generally you kind of pick one to specialize in but have enough in the other spec to deal damage when needed. I usually focus on having Frozen Orb as my main damage and then work up Meteor so I can tackle mobs like De Seis and Korlic when I get to them.

The guide says 20 points to firebolt, but the skill tree shows 1 point and so does your video guide.  Is it a typo here?  

I think you said max firebolt if you go fireball route, otherwise go fire mastery with Meteor? Thanks!

Yes max firebolt for fireball, or fire mastery for meteor. The video and tree go with mastery because this is a Meteorb build so mastery is where it says to go

These builds still show Harlequin Crest as the best helm to use. What are your thoughts on Flickering Flame?

I'm running Hydra/ Orb sorc with Hydra being the main damage skill. Gear being Flickering Flame, Mara, Coh, eschuta with 5/5 fire facet, spirit monarch, magefist, war travs, and 2x soj. I've got an inventory full of fire skillers. All resistances and FCR are met, FHR is met with some sc's. When I use Flickering Flame, as opposed to HC, I get an extra point to fire skills. In terms of Hydra damage, I get a much higher boost to my overall damage than with HC; but, my orb is slightly less since I don't get the + cold skills also.

Do you still recommend HC over Flickering Flame? Only upside I see is the + to attributes and magic find. Would love to hear your thoughts.

• Like 1