Meteor / Frozen Orb Sorceress (Meteorb) Build for Diablo 2 Resurrected
The Meteorb Sorceress is a classic combination bringing together the crowd control of Cold and the firepower of Fire to create a perfectly blended character capable of tackling almost any monster in the game. One of the biggest difficulties that a Sorceress has in this game is dealing with Resistance Immunities, so by running two different elements it helps alleviate those issues. Frozen Orb is a low skill investment option that can still bring a lot of power and thus is often used to supplement another build.
Utilizing Meteor and Frozen Orb, the Meteorb Sorceress aims to solve the Immunity problems faced by single Element Characters. Due to its low synergy count, Frozen Orb is a strong skill that leaves enough Skill Points available to achieve powerful Meteor damage.
Meteorb Sorceress Skill Build
The following section shows the core skills for the Meteorb Sorceress. For a detailed breakdown of all core and optional skills as well as the recommended order for allocating skill points, refer to the Skills page of this guide.
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Frozen Orb — max immediately, required
- Enough points in Cold Mastery to reach -150% Enemy Cold Resist
- 1+ points to Ice Bolt — synergy for Frozen Orb, required
- 1 point to Frozen Armor — invest when starting to teleport, required
- 1 point to Teleport — invest immediately at level 18, required
- 1 point to Static Field — invested at level 6, let the rest of your plus skills increase its range, required
- Secondary Element
- 20 points to Meteor — one of the main damage dealers, required
- 20 points to Fire Ball — one of the main damage dealers, required
- 20 points to Fire Bolt — synergy for Fire Skills, required
- 1 points to Fire Mastery — one point immediately, required
Since a Meteorb Sorceress cannot be played from the start, we recommend using a generic Fire or Light Sorceress build. For more information, refer to the Early Leveling section of this guide.
Meteorb Sorceress Stat Points and Attributes
|Enough for gear||Enough for gear||Everything else||None|
You can read more details about the Stats and Attribute requirements for this build on our Skills page.
Meteorb Sorceress Gear
The following section shows some of the most important items for the Meteorb Sorceress. For a detailed per-slot breakdown of all Meteorb Sorceress Items and alternative builds, refer to the Gear page of this guide.
- Weapon: Heart of the Oak
- Weapon Swap: Call to Arms and Spirit Monarch Shield
- Shield: Spirit Monarch Shield with 35% Faster Cast Rate
- Body Armor: Chains of Honor
- Helm: Harlequin Crest
- Gloves: Magefist
- Boots: Etheral Sandstorm Treks
- Belt: Arachnid Mesh
- Ring 1: The Stone of Jordan or 10% Faster Cast Rate Ring
- Ring 2: The Stone of Jordan or 10% Faster Cast Rate Ring
- Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope
- Charm 1: Sorceress Hellfire Torch
- Charm 2: Annihilus
- Charm 3: 9x Cold Skiller Grand Charms with Life or Faster Hit Recovery to reach the 86% or 142% Faster Hit Recovery breakpoint
- Charm 4: 10 Small Charms with Life, Resistances, Mana, or Faster Hit Recovery depending on needs
MrLlamaSC's Meteorb Sorceress Video Guide
We also have a video guide that goes over the build, if you prefer that instead of or in addition to our written guide.
Meteorb Sorceress Breakpoints
In Diablo 2, stats that affect action speed (known as frames) for attacking, casting, blocking, and recovering from a hit can almost never be taken literally. For example, gaining 10% Increased Attack Speed from an item will not necessarily translate into 10% faster attacks. To achieve faster actions, certain breakpoints must be reached, which vary for every class. The tables below list how much of a given stat is required to actually improve the action speed of the class for the stated action.
Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints
|Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||15||14||13||12||11||10||9||8||7||6||5|
|Faster Hit Recovery required to reach frame||0%||5%||9%||14%||20%||30%||42%||60%||86%||142%||280%|
Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Cast Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||13||12||11||10||9||8||7|
|Faster Cast Rate required to reach frame||0%||9%||20%||37%||63%||105%||200%|
Faster Block Rate Breakpoints
|Faster Block Rate Breakpoints|
|Frames to perform action||9||8||7||6||5||4||3|
|Faster Block Rate required to reach frame||0%||7%||15%||27%||48%||86%||200%|
Meteorb Sorceress Mercenary
You can either choose a Defensive ( Holy Freeze) or Offensive ( Might) Act 2 Nightmare Mercenary here depending on if you want a slower and safer pace, or want your Mercenary to have added damage.
- Weapon: Etheral Infinity or Ethereal Insight
- Body Armor: Ethereal Fortitude
- Helm: Ethereal Andariel's Visage socketed with a Ral Rune
Meteorb Sorceress Early Leveling
- 5 points to Charged Bolt
- 1 point to Static Field at level 6
- 6 points to Charged Bolt at levels 6-11
- All points to Nova from levels 12-16
- 1 point to Telekinesis at level 17
- 1 point to Teleport at level 18
- All remaining points to Nova
- Respec when ready
For more comprehensive leveling advice, please refer to our Sorceress Fastest Leveling Build.
- 28 Apr. 2022 (skills page): Updated for Patch 2.4.
- 28 Apr. 2022 (this page): Updated for Patch 2.4.
- 30 Sep. 2021 (this page): Added video guide embed.
- 31 Aug. 2021 (gear page): Page added.
- 31 Aug. 2021 (skills page): Page added.
- 31 Aug. 2021 (this page): Build added.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- World Boss Ashava Spawn Times on the Diablo 4 Server Slam
- Diablo 4 World Boss Ashava Solo Hardcore Kill at Level 20
- Necromancer Skeletons Buffed in Diablo 4 Server Slam
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Diablo 4 Server Slam: Known Issues List
- Diablo 4 Post-Launch Updates: What to Expect?
- Get Diablo 4 with Select GeForce RTX 40 Series