FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Scott103

How does transmog work, in Diablo 3?

Hello all, I'm new to D3, and I would like to experiment with transmog, but it feels too expensive to just throw down ideas (I have no idea how I would ever earn the 50k needed for each single piece, to put on the mog I've supposedly got "for free" by buying an expensive package!), so I would like to first ask a question.

Does transmog in D3 work like in WoW (i.e.: the mog is applied to the piece, and disappears if I change equipped item), or does it work like in SWTOR (i.e.: the mog is applied to the slot, and stays regardless of the equipped items)?

Thanks all in advance!

Edited by Scott103

12 hours ago, Scott103 said:

Hello all, I'm new to D3, and I would like to experiment with transmog, but it feels too expensive to just throw down ideas (I have no idea how I would ever earn the 50k needed for each single piece, to put on the mog I've supposedly got "for free" by buying an expensive package!), so I would like to first ask a question.

Does transmog in D3 work like in WoW (i.e.: the mog is applied to the piece, and disappears if I change equipped item), or does it work like in SWTOR (i.e.: the mog is applied to the slot, and stays regardless of the equipped items)?

Thanks all in advance!

Hi Scott, 

It works like WoW - it's the piece being transmogrified.
If you still care about 50K, though, don't bother transmogrifying just yet. By the end game you will literally have Billions to play with and no sensible way to use them. Re-rolling stats on items will go into the millions and you won't even check the cost. 
As long as you're still leveling and not equipping end game level 70 sets or ancients, transmogrifying is pretty much a waste of time. Once you do and you're  playing on higher difficulty levels, you'll find 50K is next to nothing - it's maybe half the drop of a single regular enemy if you're running the right gear.