FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

WoD Warlock Tier Bonuses (not finalized)

Affliction 2P Bonus (New) Increases the damage of Unstable Affliction by 10%.
Affliction 4P Bonus (New) Increases the periodic damage bonus of Haunt by 10%.

Demonology 2P Bonus (New) Increases the damage of Shadow Bolt and Touch of Chaos by 10%.
Demonology 4P Bonus (New) Corruption has a 10% chance to generate 1 charge of Hand of Gul'dan when dealing damage.

Destruction 2P Bonus (New) Increases the damage of Incinerate by 10%.
Destruction 4P Bonus (New) When Immolate deals damage it has a 10% chance to add a charge to Conflagrate.

WoD PvP Demonology 4P Bonus (New) When your Corruption or Doom effects are dispelled, you gain 100 Demonic Fury.
WoD PvP Destruction 4P Bonus (New) Conflagrate generates 1 extra stacks of Backdraft.

Thoughts...

Affliction 2pc - boring. 

Affliction 4pc - boring, but pretty sexy.  If combined with Chaotic Resources (might be Affliction default), could be really good.

Demo 2pc - boring.

Demo 4pc - sexy.  Corruption bringing free HoG charges is nice - proc rate equivalent to Nightfall

Destro 2pc - boring.

Destro 4pc - meh.  Conflag isn't really as great as HoG for Demo.  Destro 4pc doesn't look worth pursuing at this point.

Demo PvP 4pc - kinda lame.  100 DF is rather low. 

Destruction 4pc - pretty awesome.  More faster Incinerates.

Which is why I say "not finalized" - I wouldn't guess many of these are far off.  Very typical for first tier of raiding set bonuses.

Aff I would be okay with, Demo I would like, Destro kind of blows.

Not a bad first pass, I'd live if this went live - even though I know it won't.

I like Procs and buffs 4tp bonuses and flat increase for 2tp bonuses.

Hope they do something like that in WOD.

Celestalon tweeted yesterday that the most set bonuses were temporary placeholders. Watcher said something siilar.

The cynical side of me reads this as "Place holder" until we know how community reacts to them :D

My only concern with the ones that proc charges is we only have 2 charges.  If there is no hidden ICD, what if we got back to back corruption procs while we are sitting on a charge to double stack SF?  Similarily, if Backdraft is not changed to allow more than 6 stacks, if we get consecutive procs from immolate....

Update:

Item - Warlock T17 Affliction 2P Bonus Increases the damage of Unstable Affliction by 10%. While channeling Drain Soul on a target afflicted by your Corruption, Unstable Affliction, and Agony, the chance for Nightfall to activate is increased by 5%.

Item - Warlock T17 Affliction 4P Bonus Increases the periodic damage bonus of Haunt by 10%. When Nightfall activates, the cooldown of Dark Soul is reduced by 10 sec.

Item - Warlock T17 Demonology 4P Bonus Increases the damage of Shadow Bolt and Touch of Chaos by 10%. Shadowbolt has a 50% chance empower your inner demon, temporarily bringing your Metamorphosis form out even while you are not transformed.

Item - Warlock T17 Destruction 4P Bonus Increases the damage of Incinerate by 10%. Consuming an ember reduces the cooldown of Dark Soul by 5 sec.

TL;DR:

Affliction 2pc - Nightfall proc rate increased by playing spec correctly

Affliction 4pc - Nightfall procs reduce CD of Dark Soul

What does this mean?  Stack Haste.  More ticks of Corruption = more Soul Shards = more Dark Soul.

Demonology 4pc - bonus Metamorphosis with absurdly high proc rate - won't likely go live.  (Remember, T16 4pc proc was 20% during PTR before lowered to 8% for live)

What does this mean?  No one has clarified.  I would imagine, for it to be done correctly, it would give a temporary boost to your damage equivalent to what Metamorphosis does without triggering Meta's CD or actually putting you in Meta.  A set bonus that forces a stance change is not going to be well received.  Expect this one to be clarified or redesigned.

Destruction 4pc - Using Chaos Bolt or Shadowburn = more Dark Souls.  This puts a heavy emphasis on sniping adds with Shadowburn and using Chaos Bolt properly.  This also needs clarified if every cast of Fire and Brimstone counts as 'consuming' an Ember.

Destro 4pc with Chaotic Resources may be a little ridiculous with all those Chaos Bolts. Without CR, we may realistically be looking at about a 1:15 CD on DS. With CR, we can get every third or fourth cast to be a CB, probably getting that down to under a minute or even closer to 45 seconds.

Destro 4pc will likely have hidden ICDs or something strange, kind of like the t16 4pc has a 10second hidden ICD.

Demo needs better wording and to be tested.

Aff is crazy boring, but good. More DS is more DS is more DS.

If the wording of the newest alpha notes is correct, the destro 4 pc isn´t going to be that overwhelming, except maybe when using chaotic resources. Every ember generating ability doesn´t benefit from crit anymore ember-wise, i.g. the part where it says critical strikes double the effect got cut.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/4104-Warlords-of-Draenor-Alpha-Build-18471

Demo got a likewise resource generation normalization/nerf with HoG(actually Shadowflame) only generating 12 DF in total instead of its current 6 DF per-tick mechanic.

Seems like they´re balancing the speccs against the set bonuses. Hopefully blizz keeps the scaling of our resource generation in mind.( I know it´s alpha but still...)

Edit: Forgot the link 

Edited by check0790

Balancing around set bonuses is retarded.

Will only cause issues.

"Can't play Demo til 4 set" situations suck.

Edited by Liquidsteel

Designing set bonuses in a vaccum around an already supposedly balanced (cough) system is also a little retarded. To an extent, they have to design them together so that you're okay when you don't have it but not OMG SUPER OP BBQ LASERS PEW PEW PEW when you get it.

If the wording of the newest alpha notes is correct, the destro 4 pc isn´t going to be that overwhelming, except maybe when using chaotic resources. Every ember generating ability doesn´t benefit from crit anymore ember-wise, i.g. the part where it says critical strikes double the effect got cut.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/4104-Warlords-of-Draenor-Alpha-Build-18471

Demo got a likewise resource generation normalization/nerf with HoG(actually Shadowflame) only generating 12 DF in total instead of its current 6 DF per-tick mechanic.

Seems like they´re balancing the speccs against the set bonuses. Hopefully blizz keeps the scaling of our resource generation in mind.( I know it´s alpha but still...)

Edit: Forgot the link 

You misunderstood the HoG DF generation.  It's currently 2 per tick per enemy hit, for a total of 12 without counting Haste buffing the number of ticks.  They just REWORDED it to say 12 over 6 seconds.  It's the same thing, simply reworded.  There is NO CHANGE to Demonic Fury generation from Shadowflame.

Balancing around set bonuses is retarded.

Balancing around set bonuses IS retarded.

They're just following the model of MoP where they balanced classes with the meta gem and the cloak.  When set bonuses dive into mechanical gameplay changes instead of just a small buff, issues always arise. 

• Like 1

You misunderstood the HoG DF generation.  It's currently 2 per tick per enemy hit, for a total of 12 without counting Haste buffing the number of ticks.  They just REWORDED it to say 12 over 6 seconds.  It's the same thing, simply reworded.  There is NO CHANGE to Demonic Fury generation from Shadowflame.

Ok, I just thought they changed it to something like that

5.4.8:

Number of Mobs x 2(6+ additional ticks from haste)

Alpha:

Number of Mobs x 12

But since I don´t have access to the alpha/closed beta, there was no way to confirm this.

For the entire expansion, it has been 2 per mob hit per tick.  For WoD, they just reworded it.  DF generation won't be capped at 12 per mob - this will be inflated with Haste.  The only concern I have is what they will do for partial ticks of Shadowflame.