FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
JuanJuany

10m Heroic Garrosh soloheal solotank

With a 580 tank + 580 healer. This is our raid and our logs http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PJM6pHZN2x1CjFmQ/

I'm wondering, can we do Solotank+Soloheal Garrosh, and will it be better for progression?  

My logic is - that we will get a lot less intermissions and less empowered whirls. And empowered whirls are a big problem for most raids. So avoiding them +makiing the fight shorter seems to make the fight easier.

Is it doable? Any thoughts?

P.S. We don't have a priest :( Dru/pally tanks. Sham/dru heals.

Druids can easily solo tank, but I wouldn't solo heal with a Sham/Druid comp.

I just don't see sufficient damage, with your Hunter and Mage that low.

Have you tried just skipping Intermission 2?  When we did it, we executed Intermission 1 correctly, then when we got ported in for Intermission 2, we just ran to the wall and let mana regen.  With low DPS, you'll see 3 Emp Whirls that way, and with high DPS you'll see 2 Emp Whirls.

We have 578 avg ilvl for the raid. We are currently on Siege with Paragons killed (dont ask why).

Our damage is glorious, as you can observe on other fights than Jugg (we skip p2). So we should be able to get only 1 intermission whatsoever if this strat is executed properly.  

On the other hand, we have a chance to replace our tank. Would a warrior+sham or dru ihealing work? 

We have 578 avg ilvl for the raid. We are currently on Siege with Paragons killed (dont ask why).

Our damage is glorious, as you can observe on other fights than Jugg (we skip p2). So we should be able to get only 1 intermission whatsoever if this strat is executed properly.  

On the other hand, we have a chance to replace our tank. Would a warrior+sham or dru ihealing work? 

You may think it's glorious, but I disagree, and don't think that replacing a tank doing 150k for a DPS doing 300k is going to make up entirely too much of a difference.

I think you're underestimating the complications involved in under-healing/tanking it, which include having to deal with P1 adds in an alternative way (Fixates can output a lot of damage, so you have to hold them away from Garrosh, or spend CDs to eliminate them fast), having fewer possible failures in the first Intermission (Two healers can prop up people who couldn't get the bubble, where as one healer cannot.  It happens a lot more often than you'd think, even with good execution), and having to roll cooldowns if Garrosh bugs out and the debuff doesn't fall during Whirl.

Honestly, I think 1 tank / 2 heal, or 2 tank / 2 heal would see less attempts than any 1 heal strat (without a priest) this late in the game.  Plus, going into Intermission 2 but standing at the back gives your healers time to regen and reset your CDs.  When you come out, hold cooldowns, deal with the two Whirls, then blow everything and take him down after 1 Whirl in P3.

If you're truly committed to trying it out, I'd do Warrior + Sham.  Sham has the best burst smart healing (HST + Rushing Tides = Win in 10m) and some of the strongest CDs, with Ascendance or Healing Tide easily able to prop up the entire group during Emp Whirls.  Warriors have the best damage mitigation vs damage output right now, and I've seen warrior tanks break 1.5mil DPS in P1 AoE situations.

Well on Garrosh we can output 350k dps.  

But wouldn't 2/2 get us to the third intermission?

No way.  You'd have to have such low DPS to get to the third intermission, it'd be remarkable.  I think even 3 heal strats don't see the third intermission.

2 tank / 2 heal, we currently push him in 1 intermission.  You should be able to easily push him by 2 Emp Whirls after Intermission 2, even factoring in the 20% heal.

Ehh, whirlings. Okay.Though weird, i thought many people were doing 3 intermissions. Surprising. My problem is that adds+MC's mean our dps isn't focused on Rosh. Which in turn means I3 more possible.

I completely agree. The amount of pulls needed to even attempt a 1 tank 1 healer strat doesn't seem worth it. I think 1 tank 2 healers is the best method. See if you can tweak your strat to maximize DPS. You're pretty melee heavy with your comp. Who would be leaving for Desecrate? I know when we were on progression we had our disc priest go out and keep a range in melee to help maximize DPS, it helped a lot.

Okay what do you mean Who would be leaving for Desecrate? I know when we were on progression we had our disc priest go out and keep a range in melee to help maximize DPS, it helped a lot. ???

Ehh, whirlings. Okay.Though weird, i thought many people were doing 3 intermissions. Surprising. My problem is that adds+MC's mean our dps isn't focused on Rosh. Which in turn means I3 more possible.

There's next to no way you'll get I3.  Lets math it out.

In Phase 2, he has 592 mil HP.  We'll call it 710 mil, which would include the 20% heal he receives going into I2.  

Each intermission lasts 60 seconds, regardless of what you do.  On our first kill, we spent 7 minutes from the time he first healed to the time that we pushed him into P3, w/ 25 seconds remaining before intermission 3.  If you skip I2, you're down to 6:25 minutes.  If you count out 25 seconds in I1 dealing with adds (since he gains 1 energy per second, and if he's over 25 energy you've failed), you're at about 6m active time on the boss.

710m / 360 seconds = 1.97m DPS required.

1.97m DPS / 6 DPS = 328k DPS each.

That's before tanks too, which will have massive Vengeance during the fight.  If your two tanks did half the damage of a DPS...

1.97m DPS / 7 DPS = 281k DPS each.

People who can maintain 350k DPS, even if their active time is only 80% because of MCs and adds, will be easily able to push the boss before Intermission 3.

Geoda is talking about baiting Desecrated Weapons away from the group.  As long as 3 or more people are outside of melee range, it will prefer them instead of the melee.  This is crucial to the fight on Heroic, as the Desecrated Weapons take further DPS time away from the boss.

Hybrys, 80%? Often time seems more like 40-50% on garrosh vs adds/mc's. Though will see in a week, when we will be actually starting him. But lets hope.

So we need 300k dps not to get I3. Easy-peasy doable :)

So if a ranged is in melee range he won't get desecrate as long as 3 people are outside melee? nice.  

Thanks guys ) this clears out a lot of things.

Hybrys, 80%? Often time seems more like 40-50% on garrosh vs adds/mc's. Though will see in a week, when we will be actually starting him. But lets hope.

Heh, hopefully you're cleaning up faster than that.  On our first kill, INCLUDING the minute we spent sitting in I2, our average active time was around 86%.  Without counting it, our average active time was around 95%.

You can check out our log here:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jbngPQxkNtpRf2Mz#fight=5&type=damage-done

The top2 are the tanks?

Paws is a tank, but Jinroku is the other tank.  Paws specifically held the boss the majority of the time for extra Vengeance, and yes, she beat all of us.