FORUMS
Starym

Soaring Spelltome and Its Awesome Mount Up and Special Animations

zDiGhOa.jpg

We've already taken a look at the new Soaring Spelltome mount coming in 9.1.5 in image form, but now we can take a look at a video featuring its mount special (courtesy of LeystTV), and it's a great one! The mount up animation is pretty awesome as well and this one might just be one of the better mounts out there, although you'll have to clear all 7 Legion timewalking Mage Tower challenges to get it.

• Like 3

While it's good this is not a store mount - and given Blizzard's money situation I am surprised it isn't - saying that everyone can get this is a little wrong. Not everyone will be able to complete the mage tower challenges because they are designed for the most elite players in game. They are beyond difficult. So while everyone "could" get this mount, in reality very few people will be able to actually complete the challenges to get it. So it will indeed be a very rare mount to see.

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Nihilatos said:

While it's good this is not a store mount - and given Blizzard's money situation I am surprised it isn't - saying that everyone can get this is a little wrong. Not everyone will be able to complete the mage tower challenges because they are designed for the most elite players in game. They are beyond difficult. So while everyone "could" get this mount, in reality very few people will be able to actually complete the challenges to get it. So it will indeed be a very rare mount to see.

Many (not all) were very challenging if you did them when the Mage Tower became available. The majority remained challenging until 7.3. Only a few were truly challenging after 7.3 and none were really challenging by the end of Legion if you made the effort to get some gear to whichever alt was running them. And I am saying that as someone who did 36/36 and did not raid Mythic, do high level M+ or any rated PvP.

Almost every challenge has at least one spec for which the challenge is fairly simple. MAYBE the tank one is challenging for everyone, maybe. And they are completely dependent on how they are tuned since many of them get exponentially easier with better dps. So pick the right specs and by the end of SL you should easily be able to complete them imo.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nym85 said:

Many (not all) were very challenging if you did them when the Mage Tower became available. The majority remained challenging until 7.3. Only a few were truly challenging after 7.3 and none were really challenging by the end of Legion if you made the effort to get some gear to whichever alt was running them. And I am saying that as someone who did 36/36 and did not raid Mythic, do high level M+ or any rated PvP.

Almost every challenge has at least one spec for which the challenge is fairly simple. MAYBE the tank one is challenging for everyone, maybe. And they are completely dependent on how they are tuned since many of them get exponentially easier with better dps. So pick the right specs and by the end of SL you should easily be able to complete them imo.

Tank one was only really a challenge on DK iirc (also 36/36), but it was a while back. Druid was also a pita without the one of the two thrash legendaries too, but still doable.

The more I see them focusing on this Legion timewalking the more I feel like they are just hopping on board the nostalgia train. 

"remember when things were good guys? come relive those times! doesn't that make you want to stick around?"

What's the point when the Mage Tower will be up 3x per 2 years? (8 Expansions, 1x TW / month = each expansion once every 8 months)

Where's the actual new content? Are we getting ANYTHING new for shadowlands in 9.1.5 besides the AoE Cap? More story? new dungeon? ANYTHING? If this expansion is any indication, 9.1.5 has to hold us over for 6 months. We have Legion timewalking for 2 out of the 24 weeks. What are we doing for the next 22 weeks? Korthia still?

I don't know. This feels bad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nym85 said:

And they are completely dependent on how they are tuned since many of them get exponentially easier with better dps. So pick the right specs and by the end of SL you should easily be able to complete them imo.

Do we have any idea on how they are tuned? Is it going to be akin to the M+, so a set base, or is everyone going to be scaled down for a real "challenge"?

7 hours ago, Kahnwolf said:

Where's the actual new content? Are we getting ANYTHING new for shadowlands in 9.1.5 besides the AoE Cap? More story? new dungeon? ANYTHING?

New content is usually shipped in X.X.0 patches. X.X.5 are smaller patches with some balancing, quality of life changes, updating events like timewalking, darkmoon faire and stuff like that. New raid, story quests and the new m+/pvp season will be in 9.2.0

10 hours ago, Bobbis said:

Tank one was only really a challenge on DK iirc (also 36/36), but it was a while back. Druid was also a pita without the one of the two thrash legendaries too, but still doable.

Also warrior without lego wrists was insane as it was the only tank that had 0 healing, but with the wrists it was *filtered* easy as you had more mobility than any other tank with leap / charge, so you could give 0 fuggs about the infernals

12 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

Do we have any idea on how they are tuned? Is it going to be akin to the M+, so a set base, or is everyone going to be scaled down for a real "challenge"?

I think it will be amist of "Providing Grounds" .... as ilvl change and we have diferent "borrowed" powers...at least this make most sense.

13 hours ago, Kahnwolf said:

The more I see them focusing on this Legion timewalking the more I feel like they are just hopping on board the nostalgia train. 

"remember when things were good guys? come relive those times! doesn't that make you want to stick around?"

What's the point when the Mage Tower will be up 3x per 2 years? (8 Expansions, 1x TW / month = each expansion once every 8 months)

Where's the actual new content? Are we getting ANYTHING new for shadowlands in 9.1.5 besides the AoE Cap? More story? new dungeon? ANYTHING? If this expansion is any indication, 9.1.5 has to hold us over for 6 months. We have Legion timewalking for 2 out of the 24 weeks. What are we doing for the next 22 weeks? Korthia still?

I don't know. This feels bad.

As said above..it is minor patch so no big adding in story etc. ... but mage tower were thing which a lot of players wanted to return, so they do so with different achieves and rewards +- so i dont mind. The choice is literaly up to you if you do/try it or not 🙂 .

14 hours ago, Bobbis said:

😄 y...but my most chalengin were warrior tank with 30+ tryes...DK on 3rd try (had big dmg and self heal), then druid 15+- , pala 8tryes :).....and bigest then were for shadow priest with twin brothers...balance were easy, frost mage could kite nicely, shadow priest needed realy good gear to do it and affli warlock were pain2 until i learned about "glitch" where you had infernal pet tank the chasing brother the whole time...then it become incredibly easy and i did it on 2nd try (1st i fu*k up with not looking at aggro😅)

21 hours ago, Perak said:

and bigest then were for shadow priest with twin brothers

Im not quite sure what twin brothers is or was (was that the bosses name?), but shadow priest endgame must have been really ez though? I'm not an expert on mage tower (4/36 i think lol), back then i was in the raid pretty much all of my ingame time, but i remember that I did shadow priest pretty much immediately after mage tower release. You could just pop S2M and burn him down, so it should have been a lot easier in later patches?

On 10/7/2021 at 9:09 PM, Nihilatos said:

Meh, it will probably go either 2 ways:

1: After a while it gets tuned down or easier because of better gear and thus it won't be a very rare mount anymore. Plenty of people will have it because of this and thus for most players the mount will disappear in their pile since it's not unique enough anymore.

2: People will complain that it's too hard. There are just too many people that consider anything above their own skill level 'too hard' and instead of trying to get better at it they start complaining after 5 attempts that it should be nerfed. This can ruin the whole point of the mount as soon Blizzard gives in to these complaints and nerfs the challenges.

I personally really hope that it's going to be one of those mounts that only 0.05% of the players will have and won't be nerfed or anything. Let it be challenging, let it be insanely difficult. Give the masochist players that manage to do it after hours and hours of work their unique cool mount that almost nobody has to show off their achievement. I think that's the only way to keep the mount special and less likely to disappear in everyone's collection never to be used again.

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2021 at 11:37 AM, Manbearpig said:

Im not quite sure what twin brothers is or was (was that the bosses name?), but shadow priest endgame must have been really ez though? I'm not an expert on mage tower (4/36 i think lol), back then i was in the raid pretty much all of my ingame time, but i remember that I did shadow priest pretty much immediately after mage tower release. You could just pop S2M and burn him down, so it should have been a lot easier in later patches?

Thats the thing 🙂 i made priest as alt...cca 6 or 7 in line 😄 so geting needed legendary and gear were hard 🙂 and ilvl requments for this encounter were (i think) one of the biggest there were..cca about 925+ at that time...with tanks and other characters i did the chalenge with 915-920 (not counting my main shaman and main alt warlock 🙂 ) ...so counting all = gear + legendary + skill set for class = hard time 😄 

On 10/8/2021 at 8:38 AM, Nym85 said:

I suppose for a player like myself it was just too challenging. I did manage to do it on my destruction warlock but it took, what 4-5 months? I attempted with my alts but they were just too hard for me. I classed myself as a causal player - I didn't do mythic at all - so that's probably part of my issue.

10 hours ago, Nihilatos said:

I suppose for a player like myself it was just too challenging. I did manage to do it on my destruction warlock but it took, what 4-5 months? I attempted with my alts but they were just too hard for me. I classed myself as a causal player - I didn't do mythic at all - so that's probably part of my issue.

True, I think every one of us is at their own skill level and generalizations are not really helpful. LIke, even by the end with great gear and full artifact power, you still had to do the mechanics for almost every boss (Except for a few cases were major cheese was possible; Imp Mother being affected by Legionfall buffs for instance where the buff itself could destroy her adds and I think affliction lock where you could bug the encounter up to the very last day it was up) and the mechanics were not simple for the majority of WoW players. Plus very, very few people actually have highly geared alts; most of my alts had random catchup gear and whatever legendaries they lucked on (and legendaries alone changed things, doing Guardian on my druid alt without great gear and without the legendary that increases AoE radius was a very different experience to what mains had so the extra ilvl was sorely needed).

On 10/17/2021 at 6:58 PM, Nym85 said:

True, I think every one of us is at their own skill level and generalizations are not really helpful. LIke, even by the end with great gear and full artifact power, you still had to do the mechanics for almost every boss (Except for a few cases were major cheese was possible; Imp Mother being affected by Legionfall buffs for instance where the buff itself could destroy her adds and I think affliction lock where you could bug the encounter up to the very last day it was up) and the mechanics were not simple for the majority of WoW players. Plus very, very few people actually have highly geared alts; most of my alts had random catchup gear and whatever legendaries they lucked on (and legendaries alone changed things, doing Guardian on my druid alt without great gear and without the legendary that increases AoE radius was a very different experience to what mains had so the extra ilvl was sorely needed).

Yeah that was a major issue, Legion wasn't very alt friendly and who has the time to raid on 11 different classes for high end mythic gear. It would take weeks just to do it on one.