Skyrge

Need advice for H-Madness as affliction

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

So my guild downed Heroic Spine last night (WOOT!, wtf does woot mean anyway?) but we only had time for a few pulls on Heroic Madness. It's pretty apparent that we'll be getting it down tomorrow night, but I'm looking to maximize my aoe dps on the Congealing Bloods as that was our sticking point on the fight (We missed it by around 2% I believe.) I tried to send out a few seeds before dropping reign of fire, but lost at least one uncompleted cast to them dying early. Recount says I did a bit over 1million dmg to them including Spellweave which put me in the bottom 2. On subsequent spawns I just blew my mana chasing them with reign of fire. Is it worth glyphing Harvest Life? In the Demo tips and tricks post, Zagam loves Harvest Life (I did too) however in another post (the aff. tips I believe) he says it's not worth it. I live by Zagam's advice but am a bit confused there, is it still viable in Demo? I am considering doing the fight as Demo just to help push us over our only roadblock.

Also, not that we had problems with Blistering Tentacles at all but just to maximise my own contribution there, is it worth losing my last 2 Soul Shards to dot up two of them when Drain Soul doesnt seem to be replenishing my shards when they die? Whats the best strat for affliction with those little low-health buggers. I feel so naked at zero shards.

Sorry for the long-winded post but wanted to be specific and thanks in advance.

Hi Skyrge,

I've removed Harvest Life from my build. It proc's Spellweave, but it just doesn't do enough damage in those high intensity moments of those Congealing Bloods. Last night, I was on the bottom of the charts as Affliction, but we succeeded. Our comp consisted of:

Assassination Rogue

Survival Hunter

Fury Warrior

Blood DK

Shadow Priest

Affliction Warlock

Fire Mage

The Fire Mage and Shadow Priest were the top 2 due to their multiple AoE capabilities. Your job is to make sure you have 100% mana and begin channeling Rain of Fire where they spawn. You shouldn't be responsible for any slows...just do as much damage as possible. I didn't test a Soulburn Seed of Corruption, but I feel this is a waste of two globals that could be used on Rain of Fire.

Prior to Phase 2, during the execute phase of the last arm tentacle, make sure you are channeling Drain Soul on it so that you replenish your Soul Shards. When you land on the last platform for Phase 2, put your DoTs up and begin Drain Soul channeling until you need to switch to help with the Fragments. I applied DoTs to all 3 fragments using my Soulburn: Soul Swap macro and then channeled Malefic Grasp on one until it was in execute phase, then I finished it with Drain Soul to replenish my shards. With Deathwing at 16%, no one touched him and we let the Terrors come out. Again, I applied DoTs to both Terrors and performed my rotation on one of them using Drain Soul to replenish shards. When the Terrors were down, I slapped all DoTs on Deathwing and began channeling Drain Soul while watching for the Bloods to spawn (I'm the raid leader, so it's nice to do DPS while not paying attention to enable my focus on mechanics). When the Bloods spawned, I ordered my guys and gals to switch and I instantly began channeling Rain of Fire continuously until they were all dead. You'll need to Life Tap your mana back up because each tick of Rain costs massive amounts of mana.

When you come out of the first Blood phase, DW should be around 13%...push to 12%, kill adds, then push to 10% and deal with this set of Bloods in the same exact way. I used Dark Soul: Misery for this set as a CD to burst the adds down. On the 5% Bloods, I used my Infernal to add the extra boost. With this strat, we easily one shot Madness. As Affliction, you won't top the meters on the bloods, but you will be way up there overall.

• Like 2

Thanks as always for the great response. Your strat for phase 2 was exactly how I went about it, so it's good to know I'm on the right track. Also good to know I don't need to turn off the shadow-powered blowtorch that is my affliction spec for Madness. Thanks for the confirmation.

Madness down! Thanks again to Zagam, just thought I'd put in a few tips for anyone else that was looking this up. As previously noted Rain of Fire rapes your mana, the key that helped me was making sure mana was full before the bloods spawned. 1-2 Life Taps, healers never complained. Have Rain qued up on their spawn point and click as soon you see the little buggers. While thats channelling, que up the next one just out front of the 1st and click whenever the majority are in the next green circle, repeat a third time. 100% mana was enough for me to get through 3 Rains. I did use Dark Soul on the second group (big help) and had Infernal ready for the 3rd group. I was bummed to see Infernal add up to only 300k between the damage from awakening and his aoe/melee on the adds. While he is always fun to play with and looks impressive, I'm not sure I'd invite him to the party next week. All told I managed almost 3 million on bloods this time and was able to pull my weight on our only sticking point. Hope this helps other locks...well for the 3 weeks that this info is relevant anyway! >.<

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tanksta1
      [H] Salvation (est.2007) is a progression raiding guild on US-Cenarion Circle/Sisters of Elune.
      Objective
      Salvation is actively searching and recruiting players for current heroic content. What we look to do in the short-term is recruit players and gear them in our farm content. Mythic + will be run as well since it serves as another outlet to gearing up. By doing this we prepare them for our long-term goal, Mythic Mode Progression.
      Recruiting for Antorus
      Tanks- Blood Death Knight x1 (be willing to dps as well depending on raid comp) Melee- Rogue x1, Death Knight x1, Ret/Holy Paladin x1 Ranged- Mages x2, Hunter x1-2, Warlock x1-2, Balance Druid x1-2 Healers- Resto/Ele Shaman x1, Holy/Disc Priest x1

***Exceptional applicants can feel free to sign up even if we aren't recruiting your class/spec. Outstanding applications will always be considered.
      We are also accepting players that engage in social aspects of the WoW community such as leveling, PvP, questing, dungeon finding, roleplaying and other challenging activites. We provide monthly guild events. For example, the Tournament of Tiny Champions. It’s a pet battle tournament where guildies compete with each other using 3-6 of their mightiest level 25 tiny champions. We are expanding this extremely fun side of Salvation so that everyone can join in on some action and prizes!
      Raiding Schedule
      Our schedule is as follows. We push content three times a week for 3 hours at a time starting at 6:00pm to 9:00pm PST Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Mondays. 
      Our Raiding Requirements
      You must be able to raid all three nights. Be on time for raid. Lateness will not be tolerated. Be able to play the optimal specialization for Legion raid encounters. (this requirement is more towards the pure dps classes and hybrid classes in some special cases) Come prepared with the knowledge of the Legion raid bosses and mechanics. Have Discord app installed and a working microphone to communicate. Discord browser and phone app is also acceptable. (Note: Some of these requirements will change as time goes on.)
      How to Join
      Please sign up on our guild website at:
      www.salvationcc.guildlaunch.com Want to reach me in game? On Discord? Questions or concerns? Hit me up at:
      Battletag: Zanngetsu#1255 Discord: Tankstâ2329  
    • By Nobbykinz

Autumn Mist is a mythic raiding guild. Originating from a group of friends intent on pushing high end content. We are a young guild, started out in Feb 2017, driven to succeed.

Raiding Schedule:
      Wed 20:00-22:00
      Thur 20:00-22:00
      Sun 20:00-22:00
      Mon 20:00-22:00 (optional Alt/Farm run)
        What is Autumn Mist?
      Autumn Mist is a group of raiders looking to experience the most challenging aspects of wow. We aim to create a fair and motivating environment for progress. We won't scream at you for failing a mechanic but we will point it out and work with you to correct it so we can progress together. Loot will be distributed via RCLootcouncil as evenly as possible focusing on gearing the raid as a whole. We will respect you at all times.
        Joining Autumn Mist
      During your trial period we will be looking at your mastery over your class, your attendance and attitude during raids. Your awareness of boss fights and mechanics, along with your ability to adapt and learn. How you handle success along with failure. Progress is important to us but the atmosphere of the raids must be maintained a good personality and a sense of humor is a must.

Recruitment is currently open to all classes we are looking to optimize every aspect of our raid team, if you are a driven and dedicated player there is a spot for you in our Mythic raids.

We are also recruiting people looking to make the big jump from Heroic to Mythic raiding, we understand this transition isn't easy and can be overwhelming. Our experience has shown us stones can be polished into gems and we will help you on that journey.

Feel free to apply via the website, or add me on bnet if you want a chat, Nobbykinz#2994 all questions welcome.
      http://www.autumn-mist.net
    • By Caldyrvan
      A few days ago I posted a cheap priest deck. I have no idea how many actually have been interested in it but maybe we had some none registered visitors who knows. So here another deck. Again inspired by Chump but I had a similar deck before. Compared to Chumps' version I replaced 2x Twilight Summoner with 2x Spawn of N'Zoth (beause Epics are not budget :D) and I didn't want to craft Forbidden Ritual myself so I've put in 2 commons instread, Mortal Coil and Zealous Initiate.
      It's technically a Zoo but it plays differently which is a nice change to the "we know it all" stuff :)
      Total Arcane Dust Cost: 1500
      2x Flame Imp 1x Mortal Coil 2x Possessed Villager 2x Sanguine Reveler 2x Voidwalker 1x Zealous Initiate 2x Dire Wolf Alpha 2x Volatile Elemental 2x Darkshire Councilman 2x Devilsaur Egg 2x Spawn of N'Zoth 2x Unwilling Sacrifice 1x Void Terror 2x Ravenous Pterrordax 1x Cobalt Scalebane 2x Despicable Dreadlord 2x Bonemare Deck Code: AAECAf0GBMQIxQmNrQLKywINMNkHwgi0rAL2rgKNrwLnwQKrwgK0xAKXywL3zQKmzgKJ4gIA
      Guide:
      This deck is basically a Zoo, you can find a well written guide here, but maybe somewhat slower and less reliable due to the fact that you need to combo with your deathrattle cards but the value you get out of them should make up for it. As with any Zoo deck you want to put early pressure on your opponent and establish board control with cheap minions and playing on curve.
      In your starting hand you want to see a couple of 1 mana minions and a 2 (and/or maybe a 3 mana cost) mana cost to put something on the board and plan for your next turns. Flame Imp is always a good choice as well as Sanguine Reveler and a 1, 2 or maybe a 3 mana deathrattle minion to combo with. Against more aggressive decks a Voidwalker could be a good choice as well, against slower decks you might consider to keep a Devilsaur Egg. To be able to play a Darkshire Councilman on turn 3 is great too.
      You have good tools to maintain board control (besides the minions you already have) like Volatile Elemental which has great synergy with your cannibal cards like Ravenous Pterrordax. Unwilling Sacrifice is a bit like Deadly Shot and needs accurate play to be not a waste but the potential value you can get out of it is great. And later in the game Despicable Dreadlord helps a lot to maintain board control.
      Have fun :)
      -> Budget Aggro Priest Deck -> Budget Handbuff Paladin -> Budget Aggro/Tempo Rogue
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting DPS.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 4/9 Mythic TOS.  We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:05 PM until 12:05 AM Eastern.  Currently, our main goal is to push Mythis TOS progression versus clearing farmed content, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review or hit me up on battlenet, Violentnacho, recruiting officer (violentravi#1826.
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By Deydoridra
      Hi I'm looking for an active raid guild. I am not a hardcore raider but would like to continue with normal/ heroic progression. 
      I'm looking for raid time around 6pm PST / 9pm EST start. Will consider faction change for the right fit. 

9/9 Normal 9/9 Heroic - Multiple kills

Battletag Ravenblack69#1619