FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Archieie

Help me improve my boomkin.

Log

Armory

Only did a malkorok test, I can maybe show you guys a lot of logs tomorrow evening or i can do some fast lfrs/flex today if you want to see a specific boss. Anywho, i want tips in general, i've never done boomkin before, outside of some messing around on a dummy.

Edited by Archieie

Well, i'll start by mentioning that i see some gems with hit even if ur ~2% above hitcap, this is stats that could've gone to say crit.

Another this is that i see 68 procs of shooting star of which i only see 55 casts, thats a dps loss for sure. Your moonfire and sunfire is at 94.5% and 92,8% which should be higher on such fight.

Other that this i cant see anything major, so i'd say the biggest thing is watch and use ur shooting star procs better.

Since it's my off-spec that still uses pieces of my resto gear, for now optimising the gear is not a priority of mine.

I'll try to use the procs asap, and that leads me to few questions :)

If the proc comes as soon as I start casting wrath/starfire , should i stop casting and use the proc? Or should I finish casting it and then use the proc.

Also is it worth if sunfire/moonfire is applied when I'm 1-2 spells away from switching into a solar/lunar eclipse, should i wait, or should i apply it before entering and then reapply it when i'm about to leave the eclipse?

Stats are the tiniest portion of your DPS to fix. But, they're also the easiest. If you're not even going to take the time to fix your stats, why are you trying to take the monstrous amount of time to fix your play? You shouldn't be gemming mastery ANYWHERE. You certainly shouldn't have any Int/Spirit gems in your gear, even if you're resto. Crit, Crit/Int, or Crit/Spirit in every slot. Try to get your hit down if you can.

Your DoT uptimes do leave a little to be desired, but being above 90% is the first step.

Your opener was messed up. You started in a Lunar Eclipse and immediately popped Inc and CA. If you're doing the lunar opener, you play through your lunar eclipse with Inc active and then pop CA when you hit 0. You should be using the solar opener for that, though, which means being in a Solar Eclipse before the pull and immediately popping Inc and CA. This is also why you're missing Starfall at the beginning - you should have one activated pre-pull, one activated as soon as the pre-pull runs out while you're mid-CA (or while finishing Lunar Eclipse during lunar opener), and a third as the second runs out during Lunar Eclipse (or during CA for lunar opener).

It may be hard to judge in an LFR, but this fight went 4:34. That means you should have held your CDs for when PBI proc'd at 4:00 in.

I actually can't take fault with 55 Starsurges out of 68 SS procs. That's getting about as good as you can get, most of the time. 

Nature's Grace uptime is great - 92.82%.

That's a very respectable log, granted of course it's a fight with minimal necessary movement in LFR with no mechanics to worry about. Just the same, clean that opener up and get those DoT uptimes a little higher. You have every bit of the gear to go above and beyond 1M DPS, yet you topped out at about 850k.