FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Eminor

Heroic strike - quick question

Hopefully simple question from a new warrior tank...

The question is why would I ever use Heroic Strike? The guide says to use it when I have excess rage or to increase threat, but both these things confuse me. Firstly, I don't understand why having more rage can ever be a bad thing and secondly, doesn't Devastate do more damage and hence cause more threat? So since Devastate is always free, why would I ever choose Heroic Strike instead?

Thanks - I'm sure i'm missing something obvious.

Heya.. Lemme tell you fast one...

Warrs use fictional stat called "DPR" which is short for "damage per rage." It is like this, all spells are calculated by this stat, so.. if you cap rage and generate more rage it is just wasted, wasted rage - wasted DPS, or Defensive cooldowns.

Basic rule playing warrior - never cap rage, alway try to be around 60rage (if you have 100 rage max) or 80-85 rage (if you have 120 rage max).

Now.. why to use Heroic Strike.. This one is simply again.. Its off the global cooldown.. which means that casting Heroic Strike will not force your spells in 1.5s global cooldown.

If i noticed right... you are Prot warr, arent you?

Here are 2 vids that you might find helpful:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PeoEEtkKGg&feature=relmfu

And

[media

[/media]

Be sure to watch them, first one will skyrocket your DPS, second one is general info about tanking in 5.0.4

Edited by Bedle

Thanks very much mate - yep I was missing the fact that it is off the GCD, cheers!

Will have a look at the vids too - been enjoying the class a lot so far having only tanked on druid and paladin before.

Thanks again :)

Thanks very much mate - yep I was missing the fact that it is off the GCD, cheers!

Will have a look at the vids too - been enjoying the class a lot so far having only tanked on druid and paladin before.

Thanks again Posted Image

Second vid is currently broken and the owner is reuploading it, will update my previous post when he finish it.

EDIT: Updated second video.

Edited by Bedle