FORUMS
Damien

Machinist

Guest guest

for 7.1 two-target rotation, wouldn't scattergun outdo 1-2-3 heat combo? heat combo is 840 to a single target with 15 heat, where as scattergun is 900 with 30 heat. what am I missing?

Guest Liftan

The auto-crossbow tooltip is wrong, it says 2.5sec recast time when it's 1.5sec

On 7/30/2022 at 1:15 PM, Guest Liftan said:

The auto-crossbow tooltip is wrong, it says 2.5sec recast time when it's 1.5sec

Sorry about that, we'll get it fixed. Seems to be an issue on the backend with how the tooltips are grabbed.

Guest Kage

Hi,

I know the MCH stat prio, but for older ultimates, is there a way to squeeze in melds without losing stats. I know it will only be for some dps here and there, just curious.

Is there any set builder like the other classes have on balance?

Hi! There's technically a "real" BiS that involves dungeon gear for each of the ultimates, but the gain is so insignificant (it's small, we're talking single digit DPS) it's best to not even waste the effort in getting it. What is a gain, however, is using the Shadowbringers Relic weapon. It gains a bunch of substat. The problem here is it's also a lot of effort, but the gain is much higher. For TEA its a 1% gain, while UWU and UCoB its a 3.5% gain. Ultimately, it's up to you on what you think your time is worth when trying to get these things. You absolutely do not need them to clear, and I would honestly advise you just wear whatever gear you currently have on, as your time would be better spent researching a fight, or even just PFing the fight for experience.

As far as a builder, Machinist only has a level 90 DPS calc. It's not 100% accurate for level 70, but it should still give you a rough idea of what's better, as the job doesnt change much across the leveling process. It's linked in the resource channel there.

Guest Kage
On 12/14/2022 at 3:14 PM, Dook said:

Hi! There's technically a "real" BiS that involves dungeon gear for each of the ultimates, but the gain is so insignificant (it's small, we're talking single digit DPS) it's best to not even waste the effort in getting it. What is a gain, however, is using the Shadowbringers Relic weapon. It gains a bunch of substat. The problem here is it's also a lot of effort, but the gain is much higher. For TEA its a 1% gain, while UWU and UCoB its a 3.5% gain. Ultimately, it's up to you on what you think your time is worth when trying to get these things. You absolutely do not need them to clear, and I would honestly advise you just wear whatever gear you currently have on, as your time would be better spent researching a fight, or even just PFing the fight for experience.

As far as a builder, Machinist only has a level 90 DPS calc. It's not 100% accurate for level 70, but it should still give you a rough idea of what's better, as the job doesnt change much across the leveling process. It's linked in the resource channel there.

Thank you for the reply! 

Happy new year 🙂

Guest ARC

The icons on the DPS rotation are not displaying correctly, but the tooltips/flyouts are correct. Can't visually check which actions they are, you have to use the tooltips.

On 1/16/2023 at 3:38 PM, Guest ARC said:

The icons on the DPS rotation are not displaying correctly, but the tooltips/flyouts are correct. Can't visually check which actions they are, you have to use the tooltips.

Yes, this was due to the addition of Dismantle! We fixed it as quickly as we could, sorry about the delay.

Guest Site Fail for me

I can no longer view any of the class specific guides.  It begins to load and then blanks out. Are the guides now "Member Only"?

The page then is mostly blank/white with tiny Machinest icons - no text and ads.

3 hours ago, Guest Site Fail for me said:

I can no longer view any of the class specific guides.  It begins to load and then blanks out. Are the guides now "Member Only"?

The page then is mostly blank/white with tiny Machinest icons - no text and ads.

Hi! Is this still an issue? The content is not available to Premium subscribers only. If there's a faulty ad that is preventing you from seeing the content, can you please share a screenshot with me so that we can look into it with our ad tech team? Your we browser and browsing location/country would help too for debugging purposes.

Many thanks and apologies for the inconvenience.

1 hour ago, Natalia said:

Hi! Is this still an issue? The content is not available to Premium subscribers only. If there's a faulty ad that is preventing you from seeing the content, can you please share a screenshot with me so that we can look into it with our ad tech team? Your we browser and browsing location/country would help too for debugging purposes.

Many thanks and apologies for the inconvenience.

I think I got it figured out.  I MUST now create a login to view the pages.  As guest you can see in the image what I could see.  All of the white back ground is blank but it is also an ad - clicking pushes me to that page.  This wasn't required previously and this has long been my "go to" for all the classes.  So, now I have a log-in lol.

Likely most everyone else is using a log-in but might be useful for new people or random dense people like myself.

Dead Machinest Page.jpg

10 hours ago, RoninCacophony said:

I think I got it figured out.  I MUST now create a login to view the pages.  As guest you can see in the image what I could see.  All of the white back ground is blank but it is also an ad - clicking pushes me to that page.  This wasn't required previously and this has long been my "go to" for all the classes.  So, now I have a log-in lol.

Likely most everyone else is using a log-in but might be useful for new people or random dense people like myself.

Dead Machinest Page.jpg

That should not be the case that you need to log in or create an account to be able to view content. The content is available to anyone visiting the site. I still believe there's an ad somewhere that is triggering that. Are you visiting the site from the US or a different country?

Please see below a screenshot that I took while browsing the site in Chrome incognito (without being logged in).

chrome_hiS0BqyOoU.png

chrome_vcSBfmfXb6.png

On 7/12/2023 at 12:27 AM, Natalia said:

That should not be the case that you need to log in or create an account to be able to view content. The content is available to anyone visiting the site. I still believe there's an ad somewhere that is triggering that. Are you visiting the site from the US or a different country?

Please see below a screenshot that I took while browsing the site in Chrome incognito (without being logged in).

chrome_hiS0BqyOoU.png

chrome_vcSBfmfXb6.png

Makes sense.  It did not happen again until today - - anywhere I clicked on the entire page took me to this website. Reloaded page - even went to different sections of the website...I loaded a few other classes.  Coca-Cola hijacked me on all attempts.

I am logging in from US.image.thumb.png.c853fff7bcdbd31adbb578e36fd25a65.png

Edited by RoninCacophony

1 hour ago, RoninCacophony said:

Makes sense.  It did not happen again until today - - anywhere I clicked on the entire page took me to this website. Reloaded page - even went to different sections of the website...I loaded a few other classes.  Coca-Cola hijacked me on all attempts.

I am logging in from US.image.thumb.png.c853fff7bcdbd31adbb578e36fd25a65.png

Okay I can replicate the error and the fix.  The wide ads that hijack my view I can reverse by maximizing Chrome.  A pain since I am multitasking several things at once including an open game window - - for now as long as I can replicate the fix and the error I can go with that. "Maximize the window"....weird

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 6:44 AM, RoninCacophony said:

Okay I can replicate the error and the fix.  The wide ads that hijack my view I can reverse by maximizing Chrome.  A pain since I am multitasking several things at once including an open game window - - for now as long as I can replicate the fix and the error I can go with that. "Maximize the window"....weird

Hi! Many thanks for coming back with these details. Much appreciated. I have passed them on to our ad tech team to look into it.