FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Palakardo

SHOCKADIN

hi guys,

after some year spent without the WoW drug, I'm now back in the tunnel! smile.png

II've started to play Prot PVE and now, due to holidays of some friend, I'm trying to gearing for PVP as my past holy dps dream... the Shockadin that I've played at lvl 70. wub.png

do you think is it actually, at 90, a viable choice for BG and some 2v2 arena?
and what about 100? I've read about quite important improvements of holy shock and denounce... biggrin.png 

thank you.

Sorry to bust the bubble Palakardo, but the Shockadin is all but a dream. You may be able to pull 70k dps (I have to run my sim again, and this is unbuffed) but that is nothing compared to, say, the damage a disc priest can do. 

If you want to pull any sort of DPS numbers as a Paladin, you should go Ret or even Prot. Holy PvP does have 3 untalented damage abilities: Holy Shock, Denounce and Judgment. But all they do is tickle the enemy.Your best bet is to focus healing and then do damage during any free-time instead of the reverse. 

I do not know about level 100. We'd have to ask someone who received Alpha access to check into it.

Alpha caps at 92 so I can't investigate at the moment sad.png

I use shockadin for old-world stuff, because Prot just can't do numbers against things that don't give me a ton of GC procs or vengeance sad.png I get a nice 160k burst or so if I pop everything at once, but I slowly ramp back down to like 80k before my burst comes back. That's with just a denounce spam, no harsh words etc. at a 566 ilvl. I'm sure if I fully built into it I could muster a 100k, but at that ilvl I could just go ret with holy gear and pull 100k anyways.

Shockadins sure were fun in the days, but it seems they will always be something silly we can mess around with for fun, and nothing viable.

Yeah, I dps as Holy when I'm harvesting my crops for Farmville. But exactly, it's something to play around with for fun but nothing serious.