FORUMS
Damien

Summoner

Guest HighVector

making this guide 2 weeks before Summoner gets revamped seems kinda pointless but still a good guide for the next 2 weeks

8 hours ago, Guest HighVector said:

making this guide 2 weeks before Summoner gets revamped seems kinda pointless but still a good guide for the next 2 weeks

Hey! Thanks for the feedback re: the guide itself - as for the timeline, there's a short explanation of why this was done here:

• Like 1

Guest question

is the updated guide gonna be exclusive here or are they posting it onthe balance website and akhmorning too?

5 hours ago, Guest question said:

is the updated guide gonna be exclusive here or are they posting it onthe balance website and akhmorning too?

Hey! The guide won't be exclusive, the writers updating and creating the job guides here will also be free to update and upload their work elsewhere 🙂

There will be differences between them, in terms of the presentation and such, given that all of the sites use different systems, layouts, etc.

Guest Cerberus_Malthael

When adjusting the level slider on the guide, at Level 6 under the AoE rotation it adds:

• Spend your Elemental Attunement stacks on Ruby Outburst Icon Ruby Outburst.

However, that ability doesn't unlock until Level 26.

On 6/8/2022 at 12:43 AM, Guest Cerberus_Malthael said:

When adjusting the level slider on the guide, at Level 6 under the AoE rotation it adds:

• Spend your Elemental Attunement stacks on Ruby Outburst Icon Ruby Outburst.

However, that ability doesn't unlock until Level 26.

Appreciate you, has been fixed to say Ruin until level 26

Guest Matthew Tortolini

Can anyone help me set up my hot bar on ps5?  For summoner. Like pictures of a hot bar setup maybe. Thanks!

On 7/1/2022 at 12:15 AM, Guest Matthew Tortolini said:

Can anyone help me set up my hot bar on ps5?  For summoner. Like pictures of a hot bar setup maybe. Thanks!

If you head over to our Discord and ping Dook, Id be happy to help you

Guest Rayna Rosewater

Do you have, or can you point me at hotbar layouts the work with your rotations?

Note that Aethercharge will disable any of the attacks that it enables if they were already enabled. Best keep them near each other so you can easily see whether any are left unused when you go to use it.

Guest Mistake

The guide has a small mistake. In the early Garuda opening, it shows Summon Bahamut instead of Enkindle Bahamut. 

Guest GokaiSanyu

Something of note that I'm surprised hasn't been brought up yet, but the info on Searing Light is very outdated.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c73cd284013587066d8f9e697fab1db9f007372c/

As of Patch 6.1, Searing Light is now cast by the player directly rather than a Pet order, so it can be weaved after summoning Bahamut.

Guest Gert Dragmire

Maybe it's jsut an outdated way of doing it, but in the openers section there's what seems to be an error:

It lists it as follows:

Bahamut Phase

1. Precast Ruin III Icon Ruin III
  2. Summon Bahamut Icon Summon Bahamut
  3. Astral Impulse Icon Astral Impulse  Searing Light Icon Searing Light
  4. Astral Impulse Icon Astral Impulse  Grade 8 Tincture of Intelligence Icon Grade 8 Tincture of Intelligence
  5. Astral Impulse Icon Astral Impulse  Energy Drain Icon Energy Drain
  6. Astral Impulse Icon Astral Impulse  Enkindle Bahamut Icon Enkindle Bahamut + Fester Icon Fester
  7. Astral Impulse Icon Astral Impulse  Deathflare Icon Deathflare + Fester Icon Fester
  8. Astral Impulse Icon Astral Impulse

Primals Phase

1. Summon Titan II Icon Summon Titan II
  2. Topaz Rite Icon Topaz Rite  Mountain Buster Icon Mountain Buster
  3. Topaz Rite Icon Topaz Rite  Mountain Buster Icon Mountain Buster
  4. Topaz Rite Icon Topaz Rite  Mountain Buster Icon Mountain Buster
  5. Topaz Rite Icon Topaz Rite  Mountain Buster Icon Mountain Buster
  6. Summon Garuda II Icon Summon Garuda II  Swiftcast Icon Swiftcast
  7. Emerald Rite Icon Emerald Rite
  8. Ruin IV Icon Ruin IV
  9. Slipstream Icon Slipstream

However, if you cast Emerald Rite and Ruin IV before Slipstream, your Searing Light will almost definitely run out. No other guide I've found using this particular opener, either, they all recommend casting Garuda, weaving Swiftcast and immediately casting Slipstream to cast the last 2-3 seconds of Searing Light.

On 1/22/2024 at 10:10 AM, Guest Gert Dragmire said:

Maybe it's jsut an outdated way of doing it, but in the openers section there's what seems to be an error:

It lists it as follows:

However, if you cast Emerald Rite and Ruin IV before Slipstream, your Searing Light will almost definitely run out. No other guide I've found using this particular opener, either, they all recommend casting Garuda, weaving Swiftcast and immediately casting Slipstream to cast the last 2-3 seconds of Searing Light.

The opener is correct, and there are more considerations with regards to optimizing your total damage contribution, besides just snapshotting Slipstream under Searing Light. A portion of your total damage contribution is sourced through the rDPS value of Searing Light, meaning, the damage all other 7 party members contribute to your raid buff. This means in order to fully maximize Searing gains, you actually want very specific weave timings for Searing Light, based on the composition of jobs in your party. This opener just provides what's usually the better case timing for Searing Light contribution.

You're also ignoring the potion buff snapshot that is occurring on the Slipstream still, and the reason the opener flow is the way it is, is because this is what sims higher, while maintaining the exact Searing Light timing for rDPS contribution purposes. If you force the Slipstream earlier, it's simply less damage based on where the potion is used. The only other option is to change that timing, but then this brings up other issues with how Searing Light is weaved. 

Openers listed else where (I'm going to assume the ones you've found in The Balance) are actually the outdated openers, and have been openly acknowledged as such for quite some time. I've even made them aware, and have explained the ideas/theory behind the more updated openers, but I'm not in charge of their resources channel to change the information they list (However, I have had many discussions in their discord about why these updated openers are better).

• Like 1

Guest Single & Multi

Since single- and multi-target rotations are the same through level 24, can you combine them for ease of reading?