FORUMS
Vlad

Season 25 Overview

Guest Altair

Given that Blizz always gives a two-week notice before season ends, it is impossible for S24 to start on 21 November. In light of the usual lead time of 36 days between PTR starts and new season starts, my guess is actually that S24 will end on 5 December and S25 will start on 10 December.

Guest SLY

Mh.. Subscribing to a site that does not have their stuff togefher and Updated.. Seems to be time for cancellation. 😔

I apologize for that. Deadset sent these updates days ago, but I prioritized proofreading all of the build changes (the full changelog was over 35000 lines)  and didn't realize I should release the updates to the season overview with some priority 😞

The changelog clearly indicates last update was 30/11. Information on that page was correct as of the time of writing. I guess the mnior update of adding the definitive end and start dates makes sense, but don't let an entitled "whaaa your information is horrible oh my god" ruin your day. Season start and end dates are literally shown in the Blizzard launcher on startup right now, so it's not like we can't see when it'll happen. 

Checking sources, being aware of dates and of the changing nature of information is a large part of being internet literate these days. Clearly showing a change log so that readers are aware of when info was published/updated is important. Obnoxiously insisting/assuming all info everywhrere should always instantly be up to datez and correct is not.

Guest Tiberious

I just now got dreg of lies lvl 5 crusader from act 1 leorics royal chambers.... Not act 2

Guest Yoyó
On 12/12/2021 at 1:29 AM, Guest Tiberious said:

I just now got dreg of lies lvl 5 crusader from act 1 leorics royal chambers.... Not act 2

They can drop anywhere, from trash or bosses, inside and outside rifts. The acts written in the guide are for the bosses - those drop them more frequently, in the PTR it was guaranteed, now it seems to be around 25%, but still better than leaving it to RNG if you want a specific shard. You would also know this if you just read the paragraph before it 😒

My question is about the drop rate of Hellforge Embers, it seems higher than Ramaladni's, based on all testimonies I've read. Can you confirm that it is indeed the same, or is that still PTR info, and it is indeed higher?

On 12/12/2021 at 12:29 AM, Guest Tiberious said:

Any Soul Shard can drop from any monster in the game, but on top of that, for Act Bosses, they will always drop the Shard for their own Act (well 50% or 25% of the time - but IF they drop something, it'll be the one for their own act).

So you can absolutely have Dregs of Lies drop from some random skeleton or whatever, but not from the Skeleton King.

Guest Crusher

The article about S25 soul shards has an error:

Dregs of lies: "Each time your pet hits an enemy, your damage is increased by 0.5% for 5 seconds. (Instead of the 1% mentioned in the article)

Guest Saltorico

Never mind the folks that give you a hard time on the updates to this site. I think it always has been brilliant and continues to be my go to source for all things Diablo and the site has gotten better in the last years explaining much better how one could grow into a build and what alternatives exist.  Well done, kudos for all your hard work. 

Guest Saltorico
On 12/13/2021 at 12:53 AM, Guest Yoyó said:

My question is about the drop rate of Hellforge Embers, it seems higher than Ramaladni's, based on all testimonies I've read. Can you confirm that it is indeed the same, or is that still PTR info, and it is indeed higher?

Hellforge embers drop much more than Ramaladni’s, as indicated more so at higher GRs. Played around GR70-75 for an hour and got about four, enough to play around with a different shard. 

23 hours ago, Guest Crusher said:

The article about S25 soul shards has an error:

Dregs of lies: "Each time your pet hits an enemy, your damage is increased by 0.5% for 5 seconds. (Instead of the 1% mentioned in the article)

Both on top of the page "last updated 30th November" as the change log on the bottom "30 Nov 2021" clearly indicate this page was made a month ago. The information on this page was accurate AT THE TIME OF WRITING. 

It's like some people I know who keep resharing "News" posts from 2017 or 2019 or something. Yes, very interesting, great take, except that research was debunked/that warlord killed/that bill passed  years ago. 

Information on the internet does not magically update, and website maintainers do not have an obligation to keep every page up to date forever - on the conrtary ,that's how information gets lost. Just like the "Season 14 overview" page (if that still exists) will not contain information that's very relevant to gameplay now, but may be interesting to look back on for game history. 

Fixed the 1% to the correct 0.5% value! 🙂  The update should be out shortly. Also fixed some other values in the Rank 1 and 2 rolls, which were changed between the final PTR and live server versions of the shards.

Sorry for any potentially misleading info. 

• Like 1