FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
lockish

Destro Dps help *cringe*

Don't see a point in looking at my armory cuz it's changed a lot since this fight. I know I need a living steel belt buckle and a mastery gem.

Here is my armory anyway: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Frijolefrito/simple

I think i'm getting the fundamentals but I went from casual flex to full heroic hardmode so I know part of my problem is not solid on the fights.  I'm not making excuses and I know my damage should be a lot higher.  I've read all the topics on this site and mmo champ.  I think knowing and doing is two different things and with a lot of cringing I'm ready for the slauter.

LOGS:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ny6s0tlcofe12hp7/details/10/?s=1690&e=2185

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ny6s0tlcofe12hp7/details/10/?enc=bosses&boss=71543

Edited by frijolefrito

Upload logs to Warcraftlogs.com please. A much better site that we can use to give much more useful information.

Other then what you already know, armory looks fine.

Sha of pride: Even IF you got picked by every mechanic in the fight, there is no reason for Immolate to be at 38% uptime. Shadowburn usage is really low. Average CB is very weak. 

Fallen Prot: Again, Immolate is VERY low. CB is meh. SB is low. Havoc usage was really low also.

This is the best I can do using WoL. Upload your logs to Warcraftlogs and we can do a lot more.

More conflagrates, more rain of fire, use your racial.

My opening is Dark Soul, Berserking, immolate, conflagrate x2, 2 or 3 rain of fire, incinerate x4 if 6 stacks of backdraft are up, chaos bolt. After that I try to keep immolate and conflagrate active, only cast incinerate until backdraft stacks reach 2, keep rain of fire active as much as possible and use chaos bolt and shadow burn as much as possible. Also refresh Dark Soul and Berserking every time they cool down.

That's just me and there are better locks here, so I will be watching this thread to see what I can improve. Destro got hit hard with the nerf hammer when they made kil'jaeden's cunning only let you cast incinerate while moving instead of everything.

More conflagrates, more rain of fire, use your racial.

My opening is Dark Soul, Berserking, immolate, conflagrate x2, 2 or 3 rain of fire, incinerate x4 if 6 stacks of backdraft are up, chaos bolt. After that I try to keep immolate and conflagrate active, only cast incinerate until backdraft stacks reach 2, keep rain of fire active as much as possible and use chaos bolt and shadow burn as much as possible. Also refresh Dark Soul and Berserking every time they cool down.

That's just me and there are better locks here, so I will be watching this thread to see what I can improve. Destro got hit hard with the nerf hammer when they made kil'jaeden's cunning only let you cast incinerate while moving instead of everything.

Okay, one step at a time. Lets break it down.

My opening is Dark Soul,....2 or 3 rain of fire

keep rain of fire active as much as possible 

No. RoF is no longer a gain to keep down UNLESS you have a very high haste proc OR you are on 3+ targets. It should never be used in an opener on single target.

cast incinerate until backdraft stacks reach 2

What? What are you just sitting on two stacks? You should be using all of them unless you NEED to snap a CB off or an Immolate. No reason to just randomly sit on two stacks.

use chaos bolt and shadow burn as much as possible.

No. Most of the damage from Destro comes from CB. To use CB well you need to be snap shotting it with trinkets. Outside of trinkets you should not cast a CB unless you need to dump some embers to prevent yourself from capping on embers. When in execute range SB takes the place of CB in all manners. I.e. snapshotting trinkets and only casting to prevent capping outside of trinkets.

Also refresh Dark Soul and Berserking every time they cool down.

Not always. If you have a PBI then the PBI ICD and the DS CD should line up almost perfectly every time, it is MUCH better to save the DS for your PBI proc if you can. If you have to wait more then about 10 seconds it becomes not so worth it. Zerking should be used for max ember gen, personally I use it with Havoc or some other buff/mechanic so that I can get mad embers.

Destro got hit hard with the nerf hammer when they made kil'jaeden's cunning only let you cast incinerate while moving instead of everything.

Um, not really. Destro is still the number 1 damage spec in the game on almost all fights. It was impacted very little by that change.

That's just me and there are better locks here

You REALLY should read the guides we have pinned in this forum so that you can learn more about the class. Especially before attempting to instruct people on how to do something. We love it when people jump in to help each other out, but it doubles the amount of work for everyone when we have to dispell old information that is already covered else where.

Not sure if this is your first time in the warlock forums or not but welcome!

Thanks for the quick response and help.  I'll Get a better capture for next week.

*with warcraftlogs.

Edited by frijolefrito

Don't you worry too much about that old patch smile.png Lighten up and embrace the fact that destruction is still a match to any other dps spec.

Anyway as some stated before we are fond of Warcraftlogs in this forum. Easy to analyse fights with and will help people help you better.

So while we wait for new logs:

A thing I noticed in your Sha logs is your low use of damage reduction:

1 spell_fire_twilightfireward.jpgTwilight Ward and 1 spell_shadow_antishadow.jpgShadow Bulwark in those 6 minutes. I recommend sacrificing the imp instead to help dispelling when needed and speccing warlock_sacrificial_pact.jpgSacrificial Pact to completely negate Swelling Pride every time wink.png. And use Twilight Ward before closing a rift or whenever something is gonna happen. The fight is filled with Shadow Dmg.

This is not a dps tip but merely a suggestion to some improvement i can see from WorldofLogs. Warlocks have a lot of dmg reduction at their disposal. Remember to use it and your healers (and raid leader) will love you in their raid.

<Lots of "You're wrong"!>

Not sure if this is your first time in the warlock forums or not but welcome!

Welcome indeed.

Brace yourself.

Thanks for the quick response and help.  I'll Get a better capture for next week.

*with warcraftlogs.

if you still have the txt file you can just reupload if you want. Either way mate.