FORUMS
Staff

Ongoing Season Delayed, New Patch Coming Soon

3FpOvuI.jpg

We've finally got some Heroes of the Storm news to share with you! The ongoing Season was delayed by one week, and Blizzard confirmed a new content patch is coming soon.

Blizzard Logo(Source)

Hello Heroes!

It was me personally that just had to make that date change and trust me, it breaks my heart too! We are so extremely excited to release the next round of content for the game; unfortunately, it just isn't quite ready yet.

Over my past eight years on Heroes, I can confidently say that game-development, while extremely rewarding and fun, is also unrelentingly difficult at times; if something can go wrong, it will - not in the way you expect, but in 10 different ways that has never been seen before...so if you love chaos, please come join us!

Rest assured that the Heroes team is diligently working on finalizing the next patch and we will release it as soon as we can. We love you all and greatly appreciate your patience.

• Like 2

Jesus Christ, just put this game out of its misery. The state it's in is just sad. 

Even Smite is in a much better state, and with nowhere near as much of a budget as Blizz

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dejo93 said:

Jesus Christ, just put this game out of its misery. The state it's in is just sad. 

Even Smite is in a much better state, and with nowhere near as much of a budget as Blizz

The game is obviously not getting frequent updates, however, I don't think that a Season delay of just 1 week changes the situation that much. In theory, we'll get a PTR tomorrow and see what's coming with the Content Patch the week after.

28 minutes ago, Elitesparkle said:

The game is obviously not getting frequent updates, however, I don't think that a Season delay of just 1 week changes the situation that much. In theory, we'll get a PTR tomorrow and see what's coming with the Content Patch the week after.

What's worrying is that they don't even reuse already existing events. We had 6 months of winter event before, then months of spring-summer events. And collection hasn't been fixed since last update with Overwatch skins, plenty of them are still missing, like a couple of Nexomania ones. Reportedly, then can still appear in chests, but no way to get them directly. It's inconsistent, since some of the other skins are available.

1 hour ago, Dejo93 said:

HotS likely has even lower budget now. I doubt they would ever shut down the servers, even their oldest games are still running, albeit still mostly abandoned, like Reforged 🙄.

32 minutes ago, Arcling said:

HotS likely has even lower budget now. I doubt they would ever shut down the servers, even their oldest games are still running, albeit still mostly abandoned, like Reforged 🙄.

The servers are ultra cheap given their architecture of having just actions saved (see the rejoining system), theres basically jack *filtered* computation going on an its probably cheaper to have the whole HotS server running tham one WoW realm.

There's a few things that in my head wouldn't be hard to do, and I don't know why they don't do them:

• Make old splash screens / hero arrival home pages purchasable with shards/coins and added to collection for use.
  • Add the old brawl mode alongside their ARAM mode. There are so many brawls they created, you could have them on a 24 hour rotation - at least a curiosity-incentive for people to check in once a day.
  • If events can't be cycled in a normal, seasonal way, just activate all the collectables together.

Im playing HotS every day and the game itself is in fine state. Waiting time under minute for any QM or ARAM, bit longer for ranked, nothing terrible.

Yeah, the seasons are loong and there are less events nowadays (if any) but i play the game for the gamplay, not for collectibles, in the fisrt place.

Id also like to have option for the older brawls like the ones with chromie, stitches, pve ones, the ones you all got same hero in big arena, it would refresh the game a bit. Also haunted mines! But the game is still more than Ok to play even without all of these.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bambiprsi said:

Id also like to have option for the older brawls like the ones with chromie, stitches, pve ones, the ones you all got same hero in big arena, it would refresh the game a bit. Also haunted mines! But the game is still more than Ok to play even without all of these.

I wish they would rework Haunted Mines, but with current team it seems very unlikely. Some of these brawls were fun, they also gave extra chest! Although they would have to slightly rework ui, to add a separate tab from ARAM, just for brawls. Doesn't look like this could happen either. Then there is an issue of splitting playerbase too much, even now I think unranked draft isn't played that much.

Edited by Arcling

On 11/7/2021 at 9:42 PM, Bambiprsi said:

Im playing HotS every day and the game itself is in fine state. Waiting time under minute for any QM or ARAM, bit longer for ranked, nothing terrible.

Yeah, the seasons are loong and there are less events nowadays (if any) but i play the game for the gamplay, not for collectibles, in the fisrt place.

I'd like some QM tuning though. Having a "2 tank, 2 mage, 1 healer" comp vs a "1 tank, 1 mage, 1 assassin, 1 rdps, 1 healer"  comp and those kinds of variations is something that should never be a valid matchup. I'd rather sacrifice 20-30 seconds on the queue for more fairly balanced compositions. It should at least weigh in map choices based on the team comp with the lower success chance or something like that (Which would not even hurt queue times then)