FORUMS
Damien

Arachyr Corpse Spiders Witch Doctor

Guest Rae

Is the "generator" playstyle better that "pet" playstyle? If so by how much? Or is there any way to combine those two approaches? What I mean corpse spiders can be turned into generator with a rune you picked but they are also pets, aren't they? So Mask of Jeram is another multiplier. Tasker and Theo gives attack speed. you can always get rid of CoE to cube RotG and wear Mask of Jeram as well as the enforcer gem (isn't it better that pain enchancer?)

Hello; the currently published build reflects the state of the set on the PTR, and that might (hopefully?) change before Season's release, but currently pet multipliers are bugged with Arachyr. The generator-oriented playstyle is the only viable version at the moment, but the build will be adjusted accordingly when said problems are fixed.

To be quite honest, the rework and the whole Corpse Spiders playstyle feels under-baked and not very fun at the moment, and no amount of multipliers will fix that. I hope the set sees bigger gameplay changes before S25 release.

• Sad 1

The 2nd week of ptr made some changes - especially spiders are now pets and Depth Diggers will work with every rune. Unfortunately I absolutely dislike the re-rework of Arachyr's set. Now I have an idea and question - are corpse spiders viable for a different setup? What comes to my mind is the Helltooth Corpse Spider build. Helltooth gives 17500% multiplier to primary skills and is way less clunky than Arachyr. Or perhaps a LoD setup? We have a few items that buff Corpse Spiders, some pet items (Mask of Jeram and Tasker and Theo), primary skill items (Depth Diggers), reworked Ring of Emptiness that should work with spiders since they are non-fetish pets. Which rune will be best now? Leaping spiders or Widowmakers? Any chance it actually might work?

Edited by Rae88

Hey there! I've actually just submitted a revised version of the guide that reflects the second round of PTR changes and will likely match what goes onto the live servers. Helltooth Corpse Spider variant should work with reasonable success, but the innate set mechanic (Necrosis) is quite weaker than that of the revised Arachyr; this makes me think it will not work for nearly as high of a GR push as Arachyr could. Widowmakers should be the preferred rune post-Depth Diggers revision.

Guest Allen

I didn't like this particular playstyle too much, but I switched out Mask of Jeram for Grin Reaper and find it much more satisfying.  I'm not to great crunching overall numbers and mechanics but it feels like Grin Reaper benefits from the 6 piece set bonus and casts plenty of corpse spiders plus it feels like it works with the belt bonus as well though I'm not sure.  I have found the I finish Greater Rifts faster and have been able to reach higher levels then with Mask of Jeram.

5 hours ago, Guest Allen said:

I didn't like this particular playstyle too much, but I switched out Mask of Jeram for Grin Reaper and find it much more satisfying.  I'm not to great crunching overall numbers and mechanics but it feels like Grin Reaper benefits from the 6 piece set bonus and casts plenty of corpse spiders plus it feels like it works with the belt bonus as well though I'm not sure.  I have found the I finish Greater Rifts faster and have been able to reach higher levels then with Mask of Jeram.

Grin Reaper works with Corpse Spiders? With CS's change to being pets I think it really shouldn't. Though if so it may be an interesting variation.