FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
rewty33

Improving DPS as Destro

Armoury - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Theris/advanced

Warcraft logs - http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2q1tDM4NGxaVrZ6C/ (first time doing heroic yesterday)

I feel like with my gear I should be doing more DPS, although I'm following the Destro rotation from the guides and I think I'm reforging correctly. Any help appreciated. 

Oh and another quick question, I got heroic Blight Hurlers and Robes of the Tendered Heart yesterday, would I be better off using them over my current gear?

Edited by rewty33

You have what looks like a ToES run mixed in with SoO. If you could grab some logs of Iron Jug, Malk, and Sha it would help a bit.

Fallen Prot:

This is the graph of your CB casts w/ trinkets and Dark Soul. it looks like you actively tried to avoid casting CB when you had procs up...that needs to be reversed. You need to snap shot that CB as much as possible.

9 min fight you could have casted 21 havocs, you only cast 15.

Immolate looked good. Shadowburn looks fine. 

Used Fel Flame twice, why?

Log some more fights like the ones I listed and we can give more feedback.

Protectors - 9:06 Heroic Kill

Average Chaos Bolt = 876k.  That doesn't sound right.  Let's dig.

Alright, you used Dark Soul 3 times in a fight that lasted just over 9 minutes.  Should have used it 5 times.  Huge DPS loss and a HUGE mechanical gameplay issue.  You ALWAYS use your cooldowns on cooldown.

Here are your procs with Chaos Bolt casts: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2q1tDM4NGxaVrZ6C/#fight=22&type=casts&source=13&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%2479186834.0.0.Warlock%24false%24148906%5E0%24Separate%24%23909049%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%2479186834.0.0.Warlock%24false%24146046%5E0%24Separate%24%23a04D8A%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%2479186834.0.0.Warlock%24false%24113858&ability=116858

No Chaos Bolts in opener.  In fact, not a single Chaos Bolt cast for over 2 minutes.  How can you say you're following the guides when you couldn't be further from the guide if you tried?  You are literally casting Chaos Bolts when you have no procs at all and not casting it when you have procs.  You have HUGE gameplay issues.  No more analysis is needed - get back to reading, practice, and come back when you have gotten a deeper grasp on how to play.

One thing I noticed is you used Havoc twice on Protectors, yet 7 times on Nur.  Make sure you are using it on cooldown, especially on a cleave fest fight like Protectors.  Additionally, you cast Rain of Fire twice on Protectors, sooo many lost embers.  2 shadowburns on protectors is also.. beyond low.  During Rooks special you can havoc when the splits hit 20% and get 6 shadowburns ... as example.

One thing I noticed is you used Havoc twice on Protectors

You're looking at ToES protecters. Not SoO Protectors. 

I was more worried about getting immolates on all 3 with trinkets procced, but I now realise that's the wrong way to go about it, if the guild decides to do more bosses on heroic this Sunday I'll come back with more logs. I think my Chaos Bolts were a little better on Norushen though. First time running heroic last night but I'll try to implement the advice next time I run protectors. Rain of Fire was cast when they were all grouped up (I think), what's wrong with that?

Nothing is wrong with it.  You SHOULD be doing it.  His wording is confusing, but he's saying it was wrong to use it only 2 times.  It should have been up a LOT more often.

Oh, I see. As I mentioned it's the first time I've ever done any heroic raiding so there's definitely room for improvement. So it's better to get a couple of chaos bolts off than 3 immolates w/ trinket proc on a fight like protectors?

Have you read the F.A.Q. or Destruction guide?  You'd know the answer to that if you did.  There's a lot of good info there you could make use of.

Hadn't read the FAQ but I've read the guide and just read the FAQ now. I realise my mistakes, next time we do protectors i'll prio chaos bolt over immolate. On Norushen then, anything I can do to improve there?