FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sinzhu

DPS Mage (Season of Mastery)

2 hours ago, Guest denis2342 said:

the bosses for the mage rings phase 2 are messed up.

True, fixing it right now, thanks!

Guest miracle.aoc

Consider adding the following pieces of gear

As cloaks go, I got 2 additions:
- Shroud of Arcane Mastery, for the hit build, should also be present of Pre-Raid Gear list and phase 1/2 bis list since I found some people running this instead of onyxia cape. Could also be an option for phase 3/4. I would say it gives you more items to choose on the other slots by giving you the 1% to reach the hit cap of 16% that you want for this specific build.
Shroud of Arcane Mastery - Item - Classic World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)
- Chromatic Cloak, Leatherworking, for crit build, should be on the Pre-Raid gear, phase 1/2/3/4 lists. This is my bis for crit build and I would consider it for a hybrid build top 3 in phase 3/4 bis list.
Pattern: Chromatic Cloak - Item - Classic World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

As wrists go, there's 2 options worth people that want to have critical strike:
- Blacklight Bracer - with 17% as drop rate from Kazzak, I think is worth adding it since there's no wrist with crit in the bis list for phase 1/2 and phase 3/4. 
Blacklight Bracer - Item - Classic World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)
- Arena Wristguards - Only 8% drop from the arena treasure chest in Stv. Very hard to impossible to get but still better than all the bis showed in the pre-raid, phase 1/2/3/4.
Arena Wristguards - Item - Classic World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

On glove section you should consider:
- Gloves of Spell Mastery, tailoring, craftable for 2% crit. The recipe is rare but BUT you will find someone pretty fast since it drops from normal dungeons as well. Should be added on pre-raid gear, phase 1/2/3/4 lists.
Gloves of Spell Mastery - Spell - Classic World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

Belt:
-Belt of the Archmage, tailoring, the same with the mc drop bis but without the spell power. Could be considered added on the Pre-raid gear list and even phase1/2 as the last bis. I would say that for most people is worth going for this instead of the mc drop.
Belt of the Archmage - Spell - Classic World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

Ring piece:
- Band of Rumination, for a 20% drop from Warchief Rend in UBRS, is easy to farm and get for the crit build. As the Don Mauricio's Band of Domination is unique you need the 2nd more easy to get ring for your crit build and this could be the one. 
Band of Rumination - Item - Classic World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

For off-hand:
- Scepter of Interminable Focus that is already on the lists, considering the stats, it should be on top of all bis lists in off-hand section before phase 5, where you might replace it with Royal Scepter of Vek'lor. In a decent coordinated guild you have multiple people that will get that brazier to summon your boss and is worth even paying gold per run.