FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gwenymph

Solo Heal HM Norushen

Convinced my healing partner to let me solo heal and....  I forgot to turn on OBS. Here's the log.

WCL: Gwenymph - Norushen 10HM

Now the hard part will be convincing Geoda to remind me to turn it on next time.  I'll post the vid then... FML

• Like 2

Thanks!  Next I have my eyes on The Protectors.  Just have to grease the Pallies pockets

• Like 1

Very nicely done!

From what I can tell you're using DSoD and TAGT, I suppose you're not using a separate set of gear for holy then, other than tier pieces for the 4pc, compensating by using DSoD?

• Like 1

Switched to 4pc from 2pc WF for Holy, correct. Switched to TAGT for.. two fights that night I believe.  Switched to Healing cloak.  Yea, use the same gear other than those pcs.  You know me... eat crit as Holy.  >.<   And tyvm!

You don't understand how hard it is to stand there and NOT heal. Did I hear Protectors? *looks at ghost iron ore*

Note* It's funny to see my player best as 21.. yet on that attempt I ranked 2745/2756. That means 11 other players did worse than me? Strange.

• Like 2

Verry impresive, well done :) Makes me wana try it my self,but I dubt that will happen sence most of my raiding is in pug groups atm. Would love to see a vid of it if its posibel :) Might lern something :)

• Like 1

Yes I'll get a video up but it won't be this week. I'll shoot for the next lockout to post one to my YouTube channel in the link below.

Wow geoda, the least you should have done was spam denounce and HS the boss.

Now you're just asking too much of me. 

• Like 1

Thanks!  Next I have my eyes on The Protectors.  Just have to grease the Pallies pockets

Not to tear you down, it is a great performance, but I saw logs with a dudu solo healing 25H protectors already, check the top 25H records...

With MoP the balance and iLev scaling went completely out of control.

Switched to 4pc from 2pc WF for Holy, correct. Switched to TAGT for.. two fights that night I believe.  Switched to Healing cloak.  Yea, use the same gear other than those pcs.  You know me... eat crit as Holy.  >.<   And tyvm!

You silly disc priest in disguise tongue.png

Good luck on protectors! Could you be persuaded to record it?

With MoP the balance and iLev scaling went completely out of control.

Did it really get much more out of control than ICC towards the end where you had 10n, 25n and 10/25H have 3 tiers of item levels and then later RS? And I don't think current numbers of crit, mastery or haste are much higher than they were comparatively in 4.3, or am I in the wrong here?

Edited by steve
  • Like 1

You silly disc priest in disguise tongue.png

Good luck on protectors! Could you be persuaded to record it?

Absolutely in disguise!  I like to switch it up every now and then.  I did record this weeks HM Norushen solo heal but I was Disc this week, not Holy.  Here are the links:

WCL: Gwenymph - Norushen 10HM

YouTube: HM Norushen Disc Solo Heal

Got a little sloppy in the end.  Let's see who will I blame it on this time.... I'm going to choose, missed interrupts!  lol

You're lucky you get to soloheal! I can't even convince my RL to get less than 4 healers on our fights >.<..

• Like 1

In my 25M it's pulling teeth to drop a healer!  The 10M team ....  the RL and Geo are easier to pay off.  lol

In my 25M it's pulling teeth to drop a healer!  The 10M team ....  the RL and Geo are easier to pay off.  lol

You're welcome. :)

• Like 1

You're welcome. :)

Yes, i know! So youre saying the payment has increased? Lol. You should record and post a solo heal of yours on Thursday.

Did it really get much more out of control than ICC towards the end where you had 10n, 25n and 10/25H have 3 tiers of item levels and then later RS? And I don't think current numbers of crit, mastery or haste are much higher than they were comparatively in 4.3, or am I in the wrong here?

Yup, I think so, by far. Didn't remember of dudu solo healing 25HM ICC, even with the +30%buff, and that was out of the iLev scaling prob. Nor I remember of tank solo healing himself in a 25HM, or ending with top dps making x15 or more then at MoP start.

But I've no records and memory can fail. Prob the right things to do would be find old parses of WotLK entry dps and compare it with the end parses (-30% buff of ICC of course).

For MoP looking at raidbots it seems we went from ~40k entry to ~600k now, my x15 was a nice guess.

it is a great performance

Ty!

Yes, the scaling definitely helps but not everyone gets the chance to try it and if given the chance not all are able to succeed.  I didn't do Protectors this lockout but I did get a shot at Nazgrim.  I tried Solo healing as Holy once two weeks ago and failed then Discipline this week twice before killing him.  Although it was a kill, I finished the encounter face down in the dirt and only four were left when the encounter was defeated.  If you want to see them finish it while I eat dirt, it's in the YouTube link otherwise here is the WCL.  Grr.. Arcweaver's.

WCL: Gwenymph - Nazgrim 10HM

YouTube: HM Nagrim Disc Solo Heal

The game back then was very different from how it is today, the healing paradigm for example have shifted and so has the general way encounters worked, there might not have been solo-healed encounters back then, but that has been more due to the way fights worked(and works) than gear being more powerful. People solo-healed encounters in SoO before overgearing it.

The only reason I think the difference seems so big is that LFR has effectively replaced dungeons as a catch-up mechanism.

The ICC dungeons had item levels of 219 and 232 and ICC itself had item levels varying from 251 to 284. In mists SoO varies from 528 to 572, the total variance being 42 itemlevels, ICC itself had 33 and with the catch-up dungeon it had a whopping 65(52 if discounting the normal dungeons). I realise it's not a perfect analogy, but LFR currently serves the same function those dungeons did in wrath and cata(while also providing access to end-game content for people that can't raid higher difficulties).

Looking at total numbers, Wrath went from entry level raids having an item level of 200 and the weapons from LK/drops from RS on 25H being 284, spanning a total of 84 item levels. T14 normal dropped 489 and SoO heroic is at max 572 for a total increase of 83, one less than comparative content from wrath.

Edited by steve

2 paladins and 1 shaman in cataclysm for heroic 25m Ultraxion in dragon soul. Now that was a parse.

• Like 1

Hmm.. I'd have to see if the anyone ranked on WoL, that would be the only way to be certain about our25m healing comp in DS.  I do know that we two healed the Boat with two Disc on 25HM.  Solo healed 10HM Ultra, really cant remember the 25m version team.  If I had to guess, I'm thinking we 5manned it. 

Edit: lol, did a quick check.  The only Ultraxion on our guild ranked list for WoL was LFR.  o well.

• Like 1

2 paladins and 1 shaman in cataclysm for heroic 25m Ultraxion in dragon soul. Now that was a parse.

/flex holy radiance ftw?