FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Elsupertaco

When do I go full haste?

Always, you never gem straight strength, and until you reach 40% (though I've seen a fair few high end raiders recently going to 50%) you won't stop going haste. And 170-200k is decent for your ilvl, not above average, but not below so keep on track there.

Looking at your reforges, you wanna try to not reforge into expertise, and instead gem into it. But you seem to be handling yourself pretty well for your gear (no tier and not having an EEoG) so I wouldn't really WORRY about much unless you plan to push into Heroic raiding before the end of the expac.

• Like 1

I use pure strength gems in red and str+haste in orange, but I've seen rets gemming 320 haste in pretty much all slots. But I suspect it works the same as critical strike for fury warriors, you need a certain cap for it to be worth going with the 320 gems.

Sorry for bad english but I hope you understand smile.png

Edited by Elsupertaco

Strength's value is less than 2x Haste, therefore its not better to gem fully strength. You'll want to be Str/Haste in red, Haste in yellow.

If there is a point where Str > 2x Haste, 540 ilvl is past that point.

• Like 2

The only time a ret would break a socket bonus is for a less than +120 and even then a lot of socket bonuses are good to keep at +60 or easy to keep and still be properly stat balanced.

• Like 1

Hi, excuse me for be such an ignorant, but as Auriel and Fouton says, if your char is above 540 iLvl, you should start gemming with STR, could you give an advice on my char please??? should I replace the Quick sun´s with Fierce Vermilion? or I don´t understand??

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakkari/puchidin/advanced

Thank you for your time and patience!

PS: Such a great chars you have!

Edited by Puchidin

Hi, excuse me for be such an ignorant, but as Auriel and Fouton says, if your char is above 540 iLvl, you should start gemming with STR, could you give an advice on my char please??? should I replace the Quick sun´s with Fierce Vermilion? or I don´t understand??

If there is a point where Str > 2x Haste, 540 ilvl is past that point. 

This actually means that the only way Strength is worth more than 2x Haste is BEFORE ilvl 540.  And, infact, it's much before that.

Stay the course, gem that Haste. 

Get rid of your expertise reforging and make them these:
On your Cape remover your reforge entirely

If you're still over 7.5% expertise change a few of your expertise+haste gems to str+haste (you're a bit over the 7.5% exp cap. and you can if you want, put haste+stamina for blue sockets.

Other than that I see no problems in anything else (as all I can see is your armory)
  • Like 1

^^

Haste scales beautifully with this. 

As many times before, Geoda tries to have the last word in a thread - but not on my watch tongue.png

• Like 1

I was going to respond and jokingly lock the thread but that jerk made moderator! :P

• Like 2

What if I have the last word?  I don't even have a pally over ilvl 450.