FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
StephenMcFarlane

probably a stupid question.

If you can get above 580 ilvl, crit's value past shatter cap increases. Consider making its stat weight equal to whichever your second stat is (i.e. if you are a haste build, make crit=mastery; if you're mastery build, make crit=haste)

I'm about to break 580. If I went with a 14242 haste cap. What would I set my crit to match? and how would I know what value to put in there. and how do I do that with Ask mr robot? O_O

I have never heard of anything like this... Could you give me a reference?

however Akraen also suggests you might want to gather all the haste you want. I would go to AMR and setup following weights.
At least 15% Hit.}
Haste Soft Cap: Manual: 19347 Weight: 3.5

Crit weight: 3

Mastery Weight: 3

Akraen is theorycrafting, not suggesting. He is trying out several random builds that he thinks has potential in it to min/max.

Regarding the crit project he also said this:

5.4.8 - Nothing is definitive or proven, but it is possible that crit has been undervalued and due to PBoI going up to 9.7% there might be a justification to prioritize crit as the second choice of stats. There will be another thread. Otherwise, play it safe and still use this guide to choose a build.

It is POSSIBLE, not proven. Now, if you also want to theorycraft, then sure go ahead and use the values given by Berlinia. Otherwise, I would still suggest the mixture build. (with 14242) Although, you can try out Berlinia's suggestion with higher haste level, but it is harder to play and I don't think it is THAT MUCH worth it.

Arguements are: Higher haste is good, because you get an extra bomb tick, stronger snapshotting and faster Evocation.

However, you don't get the benefit on Frostbolts from meta (with that much haste, I assume you are already at GCD without meta).

Regarding Snapshotting I can only bring up another TC topic from Altered-time: http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=212 . Faster evocation is not worth it.. Once a minute.

However, Not wasting Frostbolts is important as it is your filler spell.

Now, there are two THEORETICAL topics: Snapshotting is better at 14242 (or is it worth it at all?), and the 19347 snapshot build, which is harder to play, versus the proved to work out 14242 haste mixture build, which is easier to play, open to more errors.

TL;DR: If you want to theorycraft and try out something new, then yes try out crit build, and high haste and whatever you want. If you want a stable build, that is alright in every scenario, stick to the mixture build.

To be honest the high haste build is my personal prefference as it is too damn fun to play!

Dont know about u guys but i cant reach 19k haste without wasting socket bonus, and i have 584 ilvl. I tried it and for me its dps loss

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1357737-Frost-Akraen-s-Comprehensive-Guide-to-5-4-Frost(Advanced)V-2

In this post it sounds more definitive then theory crafting. Sorry I took it as the norm. As far as bomb snap shooting I've been using dot aff as if it was telling me when to refresh -.-. So refresh on tw my pot and either trinket proc and Err legendary gem anyone have a weak auras string for this i guess would be next question

I only refresh Living bomb with Timewarp and/or Meta Gem.  GIMME ALL THE BRAIN FREEZE

The thing is, Akraen keeps Altered-time's topic updated, while he doesn't really do the same on MMO-C or here.

According to Altered-time topic, it's just a theory but I am going to contact him to clarify this thing, you might be right so don't be sorry. The topic I linked above explains when it is worth snapshotting with different builds. For weakauras I'd just suggest setting up icons that pops when the buff is up. It's like super easy to set up tbh.. smile.png Additionally, you might want to set up another niice shiny icon what pops when (according to the mentioned altered-time topic) criteria are met.

Berlinia, this is the beauty of Frost mages. So many possible builds. smile.png But I don't support mentioning only one build to be the best, just because you like it the most. (In fact, I just did the same above, so note to myself as well). Make people to experience them smile.png

EDIT: I have just realized that in Akraen's MMO-C topic there are HUGE RED letters stating that the topic is out-dated and people should visit Altered-Time.

yea pardon me my replies on this topic aren't as elaborate as I usually am. Also I just told him what he has to do if he wants to try out what he asked ^^

Edited by Berlinia
  • Like 1

yea pardon me my replies on this topic aren't as elaborate as I usually am. Also I just told him what he has to do if he wants to try out what he asked ^^

No problem, I love you and your responses even if you hate me!

• Like 1

I only refresh Living bomb with Timewarp and/or Meta Gem. GIMME ALL THE BRAIN FREEZE

This seems pretty easy. So would I do more dps doing this at 580+ or 14242 and not having to worry about snap shooting at all am I getting this right.

Edited by StephenMcFarlane
  • Like 1