FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Chimosh

Looking to push more DPS - LF Advise

I've been performing decent DPS in my flex and normal groups but I've recently been bumped up to my Guilds A team for heroics, and DPS is a bit more competitive. I believe my DPS is lower than what my gear is capable of.  I'm posting my armory and warcraftlogs in hopes that this community could give me insight in which to improve myself. (Please let me know if I did not post logs correctly as I have never shared them before)

Thanks in advance!

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dark-iron/Chimosh/simple 

Warcraftlogs (Malkorok): http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2d8C9GVThtQ4rnY1/#fight=1

Chimosh:

Good afternoon. I'll review your logs today. First off, though, I'm getting a 404 error on your armory. Have you realm transferred / name changed?

===========================

Edit: I found your armory; no worries. :)

Edited by Sajakain

Alright... onto your log. Malkorok is a really fun fight, imo. It's unfortunate if you're the one getting a puddle, though (we have our Death Knights take care of the melee ones). Let's see what we have.

====================================

spell_nature_bloodlust.jpgBloodthirst:

In a 2:39 fight (159 seconds), you used BT 30 times with a potential to use it 35 times. Not too bad. Movement probably played a role in missing one or two. As I tell everyone - this is your primary source of managing your spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpgEnrage uptime and your warrior_wild_strike.jpgRaging Blow procs.

ability_warrior_colossussmash.jpgColossus Smash:

Seven (7) times used out of 7 potential uses. Perfect.

warrior_talent_icon_stormbolt.jpgStorm Bolt:

You want to use this in each CS window. You used it 6 times, instead of 7. You missed it in your CS window at 1:56 in the fight. Almost perfect - either way, you seem to be on top of this.

warrior_wild_strike.jpgRaging Blow:

You gained this buff 23 times. You cast it 21 times. The biggest issue I see is that 14 of these times were outside a CS window. In the perfect situation, you'd get 3 casts off within the 6 seconds of CS; 2 otherwise. There was only two times you managed to get 2 RB inside your CS window and it looks like once where you barely got the 3rd in. Note the graph below. The grey-ish bars are your CS and the red bars are your RB usage:

ChimoshCSRB.jpg

ability_warrior_bladestorm.jpgBladestorm:

Bladestorm is one of the abilities affected by your inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_11.jpgEvil Eye of Galakras. You only used this 3 times and the usage seems to be random. Between the first and second cast you went, basically, a whole minute. Ideally speaking, you'd use this right after your CS burst rotation, if possible. This is a hard ability to gauge a "perfect usage" for, though. Keep it on the back burner as something to watch for.

ability_criticalstrike.jpgRecklessness / warrior_skullbanner.jpgSkull Banner:

Given the short length of this fight, you used these as much as you could and both lined up with a CS burst window. That's how it's done.

ability_rogue_ambush.jpgHeroic Strike / spell_warrior_wildstrike.jpgWild Strike:

Heroic Strike, 99% of the time, should be spammed in your CS burst window after every major ability used as it's off the GCD. Any other time it could be used as a hard rage dump if you're getting too close to being capped and wasting rage. Ideally speaking your CS burst window should look like this:

CS -> SB + HS -> RB + HS -> RB + HS -> BR (to refresh your Enrage) -> RB + HS -> BT

It's extremely tight to get that last Bloodthirst off but that's the rotation I shoot for during my burst phase. spell_nature_ancestralguardian.jpgBerserker Rage is used to refresh your Enrage buff. This negates the use of BT at that point so you can put in another RB instead. Either way... your Heroic Strike usage falls out of line with this and, in conjunction with your Bladestorm usage, seems random, at best. The beginning of your fight (0:00 - 00:52) you put them out of your CS window. The middle of your fight (0:52 - 1:58) you seemed to line them up with your CS window. The last of your fight (the last 37 seconds) you ignored the ability completely.

Wild Strike is your primary rage dump - outside your CS window AND during a ability_warrior_bloodsurge.jpgBloodsurge proc. Of the 14 times you used WS, you did so 8 times out of your BS proc; a little over 50%. While I personally don't stress over the BS proc and usage of WS in that window, I do prioritize this ability as a filler when I'm not in my CS burst mode. Your rotation outside of CS should look something like:

BT -> Filler -> Filler-> BT, etc.

Wildstrike is a primary filler outside of having 2 stacks of Raging Blow. (If you have 2 stacks, use one so you don't waste the buff gained from using BT. Note the Raging Blow section above with buff gained / times used.)

inv_sword_48.jpgExecute

You only used this 4 times. During this phase you really want to prioritize this ability, especially during your CS window. During your last CS window you only used it twice with the other 2 casts at the dead end of the fight. Don't forget to use your SB in the CS window but, after that (and during the execute phase, obviously), you need to be spamming Execute. Outside of your CS window you can use Execute in conjunction with spending your Raging Blow gains so you don't waste them. You will probably get 1, maybe 2 CS burn phases (depending on the boss / raid DPS) so make the most of it/them by getting that window spammed with Executes.

Some other details to consider would be...

spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpgEnrage Uptime:

88.66%. While us warriors would love 100% up time, this is probably not going to happen. The higher the percentage - the better. This isn't a bad percentage for your fight; this is just another thing to keep on the back burner. Using abilities with no Enrage buff... sucks... to put it bluntly.

Rage Gained / Wasted:

You gained 870 rage and wasted 165 of it with a raw gain of 705. That's basically 19% wasted (18.96% to be precise). That's a lot. At the item level of 565 and above, really, a warrior should be able to be more liberal with their rage usage. You might get away with more Wild Strike usages or using that first Raging Blow proc you get instead of saving it. You have your 2-PC set bonus, ability_warrior_charge.jpgColossal Rage, so you should be able to go into a CS burn window with 40 - 50 rage and still be fine... not needing to pool it to the high end as much.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the review please don't hesitate to let me know. I'll be glad to address / discuss this with you further.

First off thank you for taking the time to go over my logs. I don't know of any other community that is willing to do this for players. Anyways on to the questions/comments.

So I will admit that I'm not 100% comfortable as to when Bladestorm should be used. I try using it right after a CS window and when I'm not about to cap rage or when BT is not about to come off CD. I've been using it more often but only for a couple ticks before I have to cancel it to BT. Is this correct?

As for execute range I have been doing BT->CS->SB->Ex->Ex->Ex  should I not be using SB during execute phase? I can usually get a crit for 1-2m with it which seems like a lot of damage to miss out on. 

I'm gona continue to think of more but for now I gotta head to work. I'll repost my armory as well. Do keep in mind that I have gained 8 ilvls since these logs. (566 to 574)

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dark-iron/Chimosh/simple

Edited by Chimosh

As for execute range I have been doing BT->CS->SB->Ex->Ex->Ex  should I not be using SB during execute phase? I can usually get a crit for 1-2m with it which seems like a lot of damage to miss out on.

inv_sword_48.jpgExecute

You only used this 4 times. During this phase you really want to prioritize this ability, especially during your CS window. During your last CS window you only used it twice with the other 2 casts at the dead end of the fight. Don't forget to use your SB in the CS window but, after that (and during the execute phase, obviously), you need to be spamming Execute. Outside of your CS window you can use Execute in conjunction with spending your Raging Blow gains so you don't waste them. You will probably get 1, maybe 2 CS burn phases (depending on the boss / raid DPS) so make the most of it/them by getting that window spammed with Executes.

Yes, you still want to use SB once you start a CS burn phase. If you have the rage, your Execute "burn" should look something like:

CS -> SB -> Execute (3 or 4 times depending on rage availability)