FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nalar

nalar needs help

hi guys

did a normal run of SoO last night started off well but as we got deeper into the run , I found my dps getting lower and lower, roughly the 300k mark it finished

logs

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nhLkzfFYPdcQ2R8b#type=damage-done&boss=-2&source=15

I just would like some pointers , I feel it started o go wrong at malkorok

regards

Nalar

p.s at the start of  sha I did my best Chaosbolt @ 3.3million

Norushen:

Immolate uptime is a little low

Needs more shadowburn, abuse those adds

Needs more havoc (looks like you're using the glyph which is a dps loss on this fight)

Try to match up DS with PBI proc and then dump embers

Sha: 

Immolate uptime again

zero shadowburns to the manifestation

zero shadowburns to the reflections Literally no damage besides RoF to them

Only 2 havocs

DS and PBI usage together much cleaner this boss

CB damage is a little low, make sure you're not capping embers, and utilizing trinket procs correctly.

Galakras: 

NEEDS MORE SHADOWBURN (notice a trend?)

Needs more CB

2 havocs is not nearly enough

Iron Juggernaunt:

Immolate uptime is low

Make sure you're using embers, CB should always be #1 damage

Malkorok:

Immolate up time just  a tad low

CB is just a little below where it should be, but you had really terrible luck with KTT 

Spoils:

More shadowburns

Only 1 havoc.....not okay. Need more!

Seems like everything is mostly in line, you're just behind a tad. Need to min max those few things like abusing SBs and havoc

• Like 1

Make sure you use TidyPlates or similar to alert you when mobs reach 20%.

I have them set to HP percentage and they turn red when they're in execute range.

I advise you pair this with a mouseover macro for shadow burn.

thanks for the feed back recklessfear much appreciated , so looks like I need to abuse shadowburn and havoc more on fights ,

ive started using skada instead of recount and its making me look deeper into my dps more than I used to and now I made a warcraft log account its even more in depth for me , so just trying to get my head around that as well .

if not using glyph of havoc what other glyph would you recommend?

and liquid Im using tidyplates but I saw you telling comone else to configure his plates to do the same but I cannot find the post.

nalar

Just go to the tidyplates option menu.

Set each spec to be one of the damage variants. I prefer Quatre-Damage.

Go to the Damage options by clicking on Damage on the left side bar.

Set colour to display via health percentage.

Scroll down, and adjust the slider for low health from 30% (default) to 20%.

Can also adjust the spotlight scale via low hp mobs, so those ones appear larger than the rest.

As far as glyphs go

SS is mandatory imo, even more so in 10m where you're one of the few with a bres

Eternal resolve is also really nice for 10% passive damage

For the third slot I generally switch between HS, conflag, havoc, and SL

As far as glyphs go

SS is mandatory imo, even more so in 10m where you're one of the few with a bres

Eternal resolve is also really nice for 10% passive damage

For the third slot I generally switch between HS, conflag, havoc, and SL

I've never glyphed SS and never needed to. Just need semi-okay communication with your raid team to tell them when to take a Brez. If you're in fights were there is a LOT of AoE damage, then it might be more useful.

ER is imo the worst glyph warlocks have. We have off the charts survivability already, if you NEED 10% more you're doing something very wrong. The ability to have a clicky that matters is far more valuable. 

Personally, HS is always in because I use HS as the last thing I click to save my life, normally when I use it is for high pulsing damage so the bigger HoT is really nice.

Havoc is almost always in.

3rd slot is I change out, CoE is nice, conflag, etc.

As you can see glyphs are 80% playstyle, don't feel compelled to use X over Y in most situations. Play around with them and find what works for you/your group/that fight, etc.

For me glyphs wise I've always had havoc I just think it's such a good glyph where trinket proc's are there for destro play style .

But will play around like you said , so thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Anything else that I'm 'failing' on my loggs will be helpful , the more info the better, but thanks again to recklessfear for his pointers about shadow burning , I do have that spell macro'd from the one icy veins have on thier guides.

The more info the better.

Just asking on sha is it better to go for the adds and then back to the boss ,

The reason why I'm asking is that when they 'pop' I shadow fury them and then RoF as a sorta ember battery , but don't have the chance to shadow burn them down?

I swap ER out on certain fights.  For example, on Protectors, I don't stand in fire, so the damage I take is pretty predictible.  I'm not going to pop UR, so I can glyph it for 10% reduc especially since I volunteer to tank the Anguish.  I pretty much leave it glyphed until IJ which gives the first needed use of UR to activate.  From there on out, it's far more valuable as a reduction than a passive as long as you don't glyph it.  Having a 20% reduction every 120 seconds isn't much better than 10% passive unless it's for a fight like Thok where you want silence protection. 

If you used them on CD, it'd look like this...

Glyphed 10% passive = 10% overall reduction

Glyphed 20% reduction = 20% for 8 seconds every 120 seconds = 6.7% uptime on 20% reduc = very minor use, except as silence protection

Unglyphed 40% reduction = 40% for 8 seconds every 180 seconds = 5% uptime on 40% reduc = very minor use, but solid CD if for some reason Sac Pact and Soul Leech aren't keeping you alive.

Glyphed really isn't a bad option.

I use Eternal Resolve on every fight bar Thok.

I can see a use for it on Iron Jugg phase 2 to just plant your feet and not move for anything, but with sac pact and soul leech I'm nigh unkillable anyway. I just don't find a reason to use it to be honest.

idk Locky I'm a fan of SS glyph, maybe it's different for 25m where there's a few more people talking.

But as far as ER, I'm just really lazy and didn't find a spot I really needed UR with the exception of IJ, Shamans, and thok (Although I don't play destro on thok). 

But as you said, almost always glyph are play style (as they SHOULD be), with the minor exception occasionally.