FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jayros

Any pointers or advice

Hey guys,

I just wanted to see if anyone of your warlocks could look at my logs and help me out, see if I have missed something or just completely failing at my class. I have read a lot of the warlock forums here, relearning and seeing what has changed. Just trying to see if I'm executing it right.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/P3jqKJyNfrtaZTH7

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k0hoa78m2osxjplr/analyze/dd/source/?enc=bosses

I'm sorry I dont have both logs in warcraftlogs, it wasnt put up. Between the logs I got two pieces of gear that I replaced. Also here is my armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/J%C3%A1yros/advanced

Thank you for the help.

This is the graph showing your CB casts, your buff uptimes, and your embers during Iron Jug. The red vertical lines are your CBs, blue horizontal is your embers, yellow/green/pink are trinkets and Dark soul. You spent a lot of time with trinkets/DS up and had embers NOT casting CB. That's bad. More CBs cast outside of trinkets then in. Immolate uptime was okay, shadowburn looks about right.

Same graph but for Sha of Pride Opening was better, second quarter sucked, 3/4 got better, ending was good. Should be trying to snipe adds with SB though, but in a 25m that can be hard. Immolate was low. 

Protecters immolate was very good, CB was best of the three fights, havoc usage was horrible.

All three fights only had one potion (bad depending on how hard you want to try), all three fights used Doomguard (good!), DS usage looked well timed.

Armory looks fine.

Overall, not bad but has a lot of room to grow. Work on your CB usage and timing with procs, make sure you're not needlessly dumping embers, try and snipe more with your SB and remember that when a boss is under 20% that SB just replaces CB (you still want to try and time it with procs, unless its very close to death then burn to finish it off/gain embers).

• Like 2

Thank you for the help. I was wondering also that the logs aren't showing my proc's of my Lightweave Embroidery, or Jade Spirit, because I cast CBs when they proc also when nothing else proc's. 

Thank you for the help. I was wondering also that the logs aren't showing my proc's of my Lightweave Embroidery, or Jade Spirit, because I cast CBs when they proc also when nothing else proc's. 

Only if you're about to cap, you shouldn't be using those procs as dumps. 

Graph showing your JS and Lightweave procs. This is where most of your problem comes from. You're dumping embers with almost useless procs and not dumping embers during good procs. Even with JS and LW proced together it's only a 3,650 int gain. That is slightly more then ONE stack of H BBoY or 1/4th of the int that H PBI gives. If you happen to be near ember cap and get a proc, use it for a CB to prevent capping, but you should NEVER be actively using JS and LW to ember dump.

Most people don't even track those procs because they don't effect game play, they are just small amounts of free damage. I track them for when I play aff because even small gains are important when snap shotting dots. In destro I ignore them.

Hello, 

I was wondering if someone could look over my logs again, wanted some feedback as well to see if I have been able to fix my issue with poorly timing CBs. I also wanted to know how I'm doing. I personally think I can do better, I don't know if it's my lack of understand fight (which will play a big roll), my play style, or what. Not sure if I'm at the right place for my gear. I have gotten a few upgrades, some I can not use due to my current gear base stats are higher then the heroic until its upgraded. Like Untainted Guardian's Chain, Avool's Ancestral Bracers, Juggernaut's Power Core, and Immaculately Preserved Wand. 

Thank you for the help.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JGDb1Q2wmK3nfcpA

Edited by Jayros

I was also wondering about CB vs SB when bosses are under 20% health. There is a lock in my guild (Brodash) that after looking at logs, I noticed that he continues to cast CB when the boss is under 20% and uses SB once right before the boss dies. So is casting CBs better then SBing ? Since CB are always crts ?

I was also wondering about CB vs SB when bosses are under 20% health. There is a lock in my guild (Brodash) that after looking at logs, I noticed that he continues to cast CB when the boss is under 20% and uses SB once right before the boss dies. So is casting CBs better then SBing ? Since CB are always crts ?

He is dumb...

He is dumb...

Not necessarily. If he's simply forgetting to Shadow burn then yes, but I have found best results when I only Shadowburn with a crit proc up, or if there is not enough time to squeeze out an extra Chaos Bolt.

Not having Shadowburn Crit sucks and feels like a wasted ember. With high haste Chaos Bolt is close to a 2 second cast too.

Because I forgot my book to read in my lunch break and because I read about this topic often enough these days, I tried to calculate the estimated or average damage of  Chaos Bolt and  Shadowburn in dependency of Haste(or so to say their DPET(a)) and there is, if I didn´t make any hard failures, actually a "breakpoint" for CB to outperform Shadowburn on average/ for an infinite number of casts.

You have to get CB under 1.478 seconds cast time, which is something like 6096 Haste rating with 5% buff and Heroism and Meta up or ca 102.91% Haste.  (350/172,5)

Or 10145 Haste with Heroism/MEta, 5% buff and Troll racial wink.png

If someone is interested in my math, I can post it in a separate thread.

Edited by check0790

I'd like to see it, as I'm not a maths guru whatsoever so would need it explaining.

Also gives the naysayers a chance to challenge it.

Here's how you decide to break down Shadowburn vs Chaos Bolt during execution...

Got a proc?  Shadowburn.  No proc?  Chaos Bolt.

If you ever cast Shadowburn without the 4pc being up, you're really dumb - fo'real.  It's a free 15% extra crit chance.  If you have Dark Soul up, it's another 30%.  So with these two, 45% extra crit on top of your (assumed 25%) puts you near 70%.  This is Shadowburn territory all day.  Since Shadowburn almost crits as hard as Chaos Bolt hits, it's safe to assume the damage per ability is close, so you shift into DPET.  Since Shadowburn can be globalled, used on the move, and Havoc'd easily, you have to look at cast time versus crit chance.  If CB's cast time is 2.0 seconds and your crit chance is 50%, the DPET is going to be almost the same.  If CB's cast time is 1.5 seconds, your crit chance would need to be much higher to compensate, almost to the tune of 70%.  Since you should ALWAYS have your crit be at least 40% with the 4pc bonus, you really only need one more proc to make it a sound case for Shadowburn.  If you have two trinket procs OR Dark Soul up, Shadowburn wins, with decent RNG of course.  An 80% crit rate could generate 0 crits out of 4 casts.  It sucks, but it can happen.

He is dumb...

Doubtful.  There's a lot of talk about this, and has been - I ran the numbers a long time ago and found that you'd have to have Haste procs and low crit chance for CB to win out over SB, so without other procs and Tempus Repit, Chaos Bolt is guaranteeing him larger damage instead of him gambling with RNG and low crit chance.

• Like 1

Pretty much how I approach it. If I can force a 4pc or Dark Soul during trinket I'll Shadowburn, otherwise Chaos Bolt. Usually look to line up all 3 then spam 4 Shadowburns back to back.

Obviously you want SB to crit otherwise it is a wet noodle but you can pretty easily force a 4 pc into any proc and Int procs = extra crit. I'd really have too see some crazy math and ideal stat/timing setup to see how CB could win over the DPET of SB. I imagine haste would have to be the biggest factor in this since SB won't benefit and CB will.