FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Azrogol

Trialing for a guild as a DPS

So I recently began trialing for a guild. I've researched fights, done my flexes/LFR's, and it's my first experience in Normal SoO. It's a 10 man, and everyone is pretty much fully normal geared, ~560 ilvl. I'm 535. Now, I know a lot of guilds, when trialing, are more looking for raid awareness and knowledge of mechanics; but I also know that DPS is a big thing. I feel comfortable with my rotation, but I only do around 200k dps, which generally puts me in last on the meters. I'm lacking the trinkets from Galakras and Thok, which I heard make a big difference in dps, in addition to the cloak. My question is, with my current gear, should I be doing exorbitantly more dps? Are my lack of trinkets/cloak really making that big a difference? I want to make a good impression on this guild and secure a raid spot, but I don't want to use gear as an excuse if my gameplay is the reason. I'll post some logs tonight if you need them to answer my question. Thanks.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Azrogol/advanced

I'd say your DPS is fine given the constraints of your gear. Especially the trinkets. Seek to replace those as fast as you can, and put a meta in that helmet of yours. I recommend running the LFRs every week and doing the flexes for them trinkets as even the LFR versions are sizable upgrades at this point.

Definitely focus on encounter mechanics for securing that raidspot. The tactics on normal don't differ much from Flex, so it shouldn't take long to get accustomed.

Most guilds will take gear into consideration on your DPS numbers. With your ilvl and lack of trinkets, cloak and meta gem.. I'd say you're fine with your numbers. The biggest factor is coming to raid ready to go. You want to be fully gemmed, enchanted and have your own flasks, food and pots. You'll want to pre-pot before every pull and use your 2nd pot when needed. You want to impress the guild with your awareness to mechanics and following instructions from the raid leader.

The raid group will get you gear, you just want them to know that it won't be wasted on a dead/damage taking DPS.