FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Znifler

Is the games filter toolbar tailored to individuals, or is it standard for everyone based on your design?

As title says. For example I see FFXIV pop up as the first game on your toolbar. It doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant being the first game on your toolbar when filtering games. 

Edited by Znifler

Hi there - thanks for the feedback, it's noted and much appreciated.

When FFXIV Endwalker was launching last week, we had tried to shuffle around the tiles to help highlight our new FFXIV content and bring awareness to the new section as best we can. But we had discussed your post internally and you're right, perhaps we should have a bit more content up before doing the reshuffle. We've moved it back; perhaps we'll wait until the new year and a few more guides come online.

Please note as well that browser caching might affect how quickly the change could reflect on your side.

Thank you again for the feedback and hope this helps with clarifying!

On 12/15/2021 at 11:05 AM, lli said:

Hi there - thanks for the feedback, it's noted and much appreciated.

When FFXIV Endwalker was launching last week, we had tried to shuffle around the tiles to help highlight our new FFXIV content and bring awareness to the new section as best we can. But we had discussed your post internally and you're right, perhaps we should have a bit more content up before doing the reshuffle. We've moved it back; perhaps we'll wait until the new year and a few more guides come online.

Please note as well that browser caching might affect how quickly the change could reflect on your side.

Thank you again for the feedback and hope this helps with clarifying!

As a long time WoW fan, I fully understand and respect that WoW isnt the bleeding edge of MMO's in leiu of recent events. Its sad to see that WoW isnt at the front of the bar anymore. Icy Veins by name is a reference to WoW and while I know that site advertisement and expanding to multiple demographics is important, I think either a rebrand, a renamed alternative site referencing FF or a reshuffle back to "WoW focus" should be in your minds.

I dont hate ya guys too much for doing it but its a sad day so see the coffin nails being hammered away at a franchise I still have an interest in.   

On 2/8/2022 at 9:29 AM, Razortotem said:

As a long time WoW fan, I fully understand and respect that WoW isnt the bleeding edge of MMO's in leiu of recent events. Its sad to see that WoW isnt at the front of the bar anymore. Icy Veins by name is a reference to WoW and while I know that site advertisement and expanding to multiple demographics is important, I think either a rebrand, a renamed alternative site referencing FF or a reshuffle back to "WoW focus" should be in your minds.

I dont hate ya guys too much for doing it but its a sad day so see the coffin nails being hammered away at a franchise I still have an interest in.   

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this one.

We'd brought in a team of very talented people to write for our  FFXIV section who have been hard at work, and now that we have much more content out, we wanted to give the new section a chance to shine and showcase all of the terrific work that the team has done.

That being said, WoW was, and still is at the heart of this site. A game does not survive for this long, and achieve such a legendary status without being one of the greatest of our time. Just because it is in a quieter period now...does not mean it won't rise from the ashes like a Phoenix in the future! 🐥

We have tons of confidence in Microsoft and what they will do for the WoW brand, and all will be restored as it once was. Have faith...it may even happen sooner than you'd expect! 😉