FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Rohirrim

Voidwalker compared to hunter pets?

Greetings all. I am looking for a cloth caster to level up, but since i mostly play solo and I am casual (my gear will likely be around 220 just because of Korthia). I have a hunter and I am amazed by how strong the pet is. I use a cat, not a tanking pet, but I was able to solo all elites and rare elites on the maw and korthia.

I was wondering if Voidwalker is of similar strength. I like the warlock fantasy / theme and the transmogs / sets. I just want something OP at solo 😛 as BM hunter! Dont want to struggle roaming around killing stuff. Thanks!

I've been a lock main since Cataclysm! Although I've never played a Hunter at max level, I can say that the Voidwalker is supreme when it comes to doing solo content. Warlocks also have a health funnel ability that allows us to give our health to them if they're starting to get overwhelmed. I've never really had an issue doing content by myself with my dude whatsoever, along with fear/mortal coil/shadowfury you have a lot of things in your kit to use to help keep your VW alive if needed.

On 1/5/2022 at 12:56 AM, Lizzia said:

I've been a lock main since Cataclysm! Although I've never played a Hunter at max level, I can say that the Voidwalker is supreme when it comes to doing solo content. Warlocks also have a health funnel ability that allows us to give our health to them if they're starting to get overwhelmed. I've never really had an issue doing content by myself with my dude whatsoever, along with fear/mortal coil/shadowfury you have a lot of things in your kit to use to help keep your VW alive if needed.

Eh I play both hunter and warlock and I can tell you that hunter pets are far more effective both at keeping aggro and at staying alive.

That said, warlock still is a much stronger solo class than Priest and Mage so if you want to do solo on a clothie, Warlock is your choice. Priest is horrible, Mage is not actually that bad but still much higher effort to solo than a lock is.

Edited by Nym85

I play both warlock and hunter. The blueberry has so much more resilience. I am always hitting the health button on my hunter pets as part of my rotation.

Hunter pets you just hit one button and they heal over time leaving you free to do other actions.  Warlock pets you not only have to spend time channeling the heal into them, but you also have to give up your own health to do so.  Voidwalker might be able to take more hits than a normal hunter pet but it's nowhere near as effective in my book.