FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gabrieloceano

Elemental Shammy kinda lost!

Hello guys!!!

Im having some doubts on elemental's reforge... kinda everywhere I look at I see a different priority...

For instance, AMR says to go for Mastery = Haste, but it also ask me to gem Spirit/haste on a yellow slot, even that I am way beyond the hit cap, so I dont know if I can trust it :3

(quick question, Mastery = Haste means that I dont have to worry aboutreforging on stat to another or I should balance both ratings?)

On Icy-veins guide, its says Mastery>haste>crit, but I saw on a topic something about a 30% haste cap.... so im kinda lost :3

my Shammy armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/goldrinn/thr%C3%B4ll/advanced

Thanks a lot =)

Hello guys!!!

Im having some doubts on elemental's reforge... kinda everywhere I look at I see a different priority...

For instance, AMR says to go for Mastery = Haste, but it also ask me to gem Spirit/haste on a yellow slot, even that I am way beyond the hit cap, so I dont know if I can trust it :3

(quick question, Mastery = Haste means that I dont have to worry aboutreforging on stat to another or I should balance both ratings?)

On Icy-veins guide, its says Mastery>haste>crit, but I saw on a topic something about a 30% haste cap.... so im kinda lost :3

my Shammy armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/goldrinn/thr%C3%B4ll/advanced

Thanks a lot =)

You're probably referring to what I said about aiming for 30% haste.

Typically, I always suggest that people try to hit ~30% haste before going full Mastery build, because that'll get you to the GCD cap for the Meta Gem proc and Bloodlust at the same time.  It'll also give you a feel for the faster playstyle, instead of going down to 15-20% haste and casting like you're in a vat of pudding.

AMR can be a little bit wonky, but check this one out:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/c021c2d7-5838-4f1a-bcb8-85b1ce1fd143

I've tuned that to show what you should be looking for, and to give you a softcap of 30% haste while you're working on your gear!  It does have you adding one spirit gem, but that is just to match that armors socket bonus, and it does come ahead slightly over skipping it.

Sooo much hit, should see a great boost in your dps once you replace the spirit gear with teir.

Unrealated but I would not use Conductivity in your resto set

You're probably referring to what I said about aiming for 30% haste.

Typically, I always suggest that people try to hit ~30% haste before going full Mastery build, because that'll get you to the GCD cap for the Meta Gem proc and Bloodlust at the same time.  It'll also give you a feel for the faster playstyle, instead of going down to 15-20% haste and casting like you're in a vat of pudding.

AMR can be a little bit wonky, but check this one out:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/c021c2d7-5838-4f1a-bcb8-85b1ce1fd143

I've tuned that to show what you should be looking for, and to give you a softcap of 30% haste while you're working on your gear!  It does have you adding one spirit gem, but that is just to match that armors socket bonus, and it does come ahead slightly over skipping it.

Thanks a lot man!! Gonna give it a try right now!!

Sooo much hit, should see a great boost in your dps once you replace the spirit gear with teir.

Unrealated but I would not use Conductivity in your resto set

Trying to solve it, but im not getting much luck =(

Thanks!!!

Hey Hybrys. I've been confused since I've got my immerseus trinket (only flex), my stats priority has been shifting from Int to haste/mastery.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Razira/simple

Should I aim for a 30% haste then mastery build which is what AMR recommends or should I focus on mastery?

I'm comfortable with my rotation, I've played ele for 4 years but having recently quit for awhile and returning for SoO a few months ago, things have indeed changed.

Lastly, some sources recommend UF while some recommend EB. At what ilevel do you recommend switching to UF?

Thank you.

Hey Hybrys. I've been confused since I've got my immerseus trinket (only flex), my stats priority has been shifting from Int to haste/mastery.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Razira/simple

Should I aim for a 30% haste then mastery build which is what AMR recommends or should I focus on mastery?

I'm comfortable with my rotation, I've played ele for 4 years but having recently quit for awhile and returning for SoO a few months ago, things have indeed changed.

Lastly, some sources recommend UF while some recommend EB. At what ilevel do you recommend switching to UF?

Thank you.

Hey Razdaz!  Don't be afraid to create a new topic next time, as this one was pretty dead.

Yes, I'd recommend going 30% Haste, then doing a Mastery build.  This may not be the 100% best way to gear, but it gives you the faster playstyle you need to get used to later, while maintaining near optimal DPS.

Things haven't changed too much, luckily.  Searing Totem is most likely a waste (I'm theorizing 1% gains, if well used), and UF is now an option, but beyond that it should be pretty similar.

EB vs UF is a big deal for a lot of people, but I can boil it down this way.  UF is better (at a high item level, around 560+, and pref. with a Heroic weapon), but is a lot harder to execute for a very limited gain (3-5%).  EB is easier to execute, and the gap in damage is a lot smaller than most think, especially when people fail to execute UF.

I run EB 100% of the time, and use a Mastery cap of around 87.4% (Which is 100% - (3500 rating from EB + Amp from PBoI)).  With that, I regularly rank on single target fights (just last night, rank 6 Heroic Norushen and rank 3 Heroic Garrosh), and will often beat my better geared counterparts using UF across all fights.

Because of that, I say use what you're comfortable with.