FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hybrex

Ilvl gains or stats?

So I realise this has bugger all different in terms of dps but im curious peoples thoughts.

i have a 4/4 Heroic Noru neck but coined a darn HWF Neck from shamans. (instead of trinket >.<) Should I use the valor on the HWF just to boost ilvl or keep the Noru for the mastery.

More want peoples opinions than a "get out it doesnt matter"; which happens a lot cuz i ask the wrong things

Am 14/14 and have most on farm so no progression issues

You have months left of farming and valor getting. 4/4 that sucker and use it for aff/demo. Noru for destro. That's what I do at least, I have the same situation as you do.

• Like 1

Yeah good point. However I think im one of the rare people that still enjoys destro over the other 2. Maybe cuz im terrible at demo and lets be honest, destro crits?

Yeah for aff im already swapping in Jugg legs to get the 13737bp but i could throw the neck on aswell for lols.

Cheers. will 4/4 it eventually, Paragons and garry tonight so will wait to see if I get goodies for them for this weeks valor before neck. went up 3 ilvl last night after a 3 week break and someone capping my valor. 2x Norm 2/4 to Heroic 4/4 upgrades ftw

Thanks locky

Still havent upgraded this and still considering it each week. Such a loss of mastery and gain of hit that im already over the hit cap for.. le sigh! 

More haste is never a bad thing for afflic so even if you use the legs to reach the bp the extra haste from the neck isn't going to hurt

Tbh at the moment im more curious if the base ilvl upgrade for int etc will be better compared the chunk of lost mastery. Mainly play destro. If its only going to be bugger all (which i think it will be) then ill wait till im valor capped lol 

Tbh at the moment im more curious if the base ilvl upgrade for int etc will be better compared the chunk of lost mastery. Mainly play destro. If its only going to be bugger all (which i think it will be) then ill wait till im valor capped lol 

Soooo..... this is totally just me throwing out SimC numbers to give you an idea of what the diff is going to be... It's by no means conclusive, and will vary very very heavily.

For the purpose of recreation, I used my character, analyzing the scaling of only int, haste, and mastery, for simplicity.

My SimC runs out at 8.5 dps per int gain, 6.03 dps per mastery gain, and 4.5 dps increase per haste gain after adjustment, because SimC loves haste.

So, comparing the two items to one another.... (2/4, because AMR is dumb)

1490 int - 1409 int = 688.5 dps gain from HWF

453 x 6.03 + 755 x 4.5 = 6129 dps if you reforge HWF out of hit.

453 x 4.5 + 302 x 6.03 = 3860 dps if you reforge HWF out of haste.

967 x 6.03 = 5831 dps if you do not reforge the heroic.

^^ + 357 x 4.5 = 7437 dps if you reforge out of hit.

So, to add it up:

688.5 + 6129 = 6817.5 dps HWF out of hit.

688.5 + 3860 = 4548.5 dps HWF out of haste

5831 dps baseline heroic neck.

7437 dps heoric reforged out of hit.

In other words, You should theoretically keep the nuro neck unless you are valuing haste past the first breakpoint, or you can reach the magic number between "I need the hit" and "I don't need the hit" by gaining the extra stats off HWF (meaning you need to keep the hit on the heroic version, but can reforge it on the HWF one.) 

In reality, it does not make on single iota of a shit, and you should just do whatever works best with your reforge strategy. lol. It's literally a 0.3% DPS differential. 

THanks heaps for the sim dude!

Im not one for math myself and you didnt need to go all out but thanks!

Def just going to do it when the loot stops and I can valor cap at 3k etc.

Unfortuantely the HWF in 10man is next to none unless its coined. Think i've coined all 5 of my bits. 

THanks! 

No problem from the math perspective. It's pretty easy for me to run dps analyses off my reforge numbers, so it was just a matter of comparing the stat difference. They'll vouch for me that I do the math when available. lol. GL with your nuro neck!

You mentioned only doing 2/4 because of AMR. You know you can manually increase the upgrade level by clicking on the item?

It showed (no matter what I did) that it was only available in terms of 2/4, as if AMR could not manually give me 4/4 items. Maybe I did do it in terms of 4/4? Easily tested by figuring out what the int on a 4/4 heroic nuro neck, or 4/4 HWF sham neck is. If they are 1409 or 1490 respectively, I did 4/4. I know you can modify items by clicking them... but I have no idea how to manually increase ilvl upgrade except by finding the segregated ilvl item from the list. lol. It was mostly a rough estimate anyway, especially since I didn't actually use the true DPS value for haste, but the modified reforge-friendly DPS value for haste.

Edit: okay, the ilvl arrows were greyed out for me at the time, or not present. It's possible it was a browser based bug, or something similar at the time. Again, it's a rough estimate either way. lol. But I appreciate the mention Liquid.

Edited by Astynax