FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
kajacek

DH Cluster arrow build - why use Yang's Recurve bow with Multishot?

Why is DH in the Cluster Arrow build with the Marauder set using Yang's bow that has a Multishot bonus?
The sentries shoot what the character is - where is the place for Multishot?

On 12/30/2021 at 3:35 PM, kajacek said:

Why is DH in the Cluster Arrow build with the Marauder set using Yang's bow that has a Multishot bonus?
The sentries shoot what the character is - where is the place for Multishot?

Hi kajacek, while I'm not a DH player, I think the reason is due to the innate -[40-50]% resource cost reduction. This bow will ALWAYS roll with this property, and it cannot be rolled or gambled on any other weapon. This makes it a very attractive weapon for a lot of builds even if they don't use MS. I'm not entirely sure but I suppose there is no other weapon that synergizes better for CA.

On 1/3/2022 at 7:10 AM, Bubble181 said:

Hi kajacek, while I'm not a DH player, I think the reason is due to the innate -[40-50]% resource cost reduction. This bow will ALWAYS roll with this property, and it cannot be rolled or gambled on any other weapon. This makes it a very attractive weapon for a lot of builds even if they don't use MS. I'm not entirely sure but I suppose there is no other weapon that synergizes better for CA.

It is ABSOLUTELY for the RCR. Other options may boost initial dmg but the rcr boosts dmg more over the long term, iirc math puts the overall dmg output over any other bow within 8-9s and past that is a minor scaling dmg boost. As pointed out by bubble, there really isn't a better weapon synergy than Yang's for basically every other viable endgame DH build

Agreed. The damage boost (and 50% CA RCR) comes from the Manticore in the Cube, and the Bombardier's Rucksack equipped. The Yang's Recurve bow further reduces the cost of CA so that you can spam that ability rather than being out of Hatred all the time. Additionally, the bow is a 2-handed weapon with its innate high damage, and at 1.4 APS it has a fairly decent attack speed, much better than the lethargic 1.1 APS Manticore.