FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Recklessfear

Issue with Felguard stopping attack at times

Anyone had a similar issue of the felguard just stopping attack.

It appears like command demon is the culprit but I can't figure it out.

Phase transition on Garrosh always does that to me. Outside of that I haven't really played Demo enough lately to know.

Oh ok, I actually know of something similar dunno if it's related.

I found the felguard would often pursuit the boss on pull then bounce back to me, before slowly trudging back into melee.

Have you tried not using command demon instant on pull, see if he bounces back to you regardless.

Do you have any evidence of Command Demon causing him to run back mid fight?

Been doing some testing, it doesn't appeared to be linked to command demon, nor to target switching which were my two best guesses.

It does however appear that if there's a pack of mobs and you hit command demon on target x while w, y, and z are still alive. If of the four X dies first, he will return mid bladestorm unless I target another and again hit command demon

For clarity, do the same test with the Wrathguard.  In all honesty, I've seen a better AI out of the Wrathguard which is why I use Supremacy as Demonology, even biting the 60 loss DF in the opener.  He doesn't blow his energy allowing me to Wrathstorm on demand and I don't see to lose control of him as much as I do the Felguard. 

Also, it sounds like your pet is either on passive or defensive.  If this is the case and mobs w, y, and z don't attack you, he'll return to your side per his pet AI instructions.  If you want to prevent this, either switch him to assist mode in combat or utilize pet attack macros and micro manage him by having him switch before a mob dies.  I put my douchebag in assist mode on fights like Sha of Pride so he comes and helps with the Reflections but I leave him on defensive for something like Nazgrim where I don't really need him.