FORUMS
Raszba

Should i change spec? 572 ilvl mage.

Hey, im a 572 ilvl frost mage (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Thors%C3%B8ster/simple)

My question is should i change spec now that i have achieved a very high ilvl? 
If the answer is yes should i proceed to go fire or arcane? I dont know which spec would pull above the other one. I dont care which one is the easiest since i think i'm very capable of learning both very quick. 

And yes im aiming for progression in SoO.

If you feel you could do better dps in one of the other specs, go for it. Mages are in a good place now, there's no one spec that is totally dominant, all 3 are viable if you can play them well. One thing to note is, Arcane and Frost can share a set of gear fairly nicely, whereas Fire has a completely different stat priority, which makes it harder. Looking at your gear, Arcane would be perfectly viable, and so that's what I would suggest for now. If you play it, and aren't enjoying the feel, you can always go back to Frost, or swap to Fire.

• Like 2

Hey

For progression i wouldnt recommend you play arcane unless you areperfectly in tune with the playstyle. May i ask whyyou want to chaange spec? Do you have a particular reason?

Cheers

• Like 1

For progression i wouldnt recommend you play arcane unless you are perfectly in tune with the playstyle.

Very much this.

I rode the Frostfire bandwagon in Wrath until it was nerfed to the ground, then learned to play arcane. It seems that I have found the playstyle that  suits me best.

Arcane has the most "mage-like" feeling for me. I much prefer a Destro Lock to a Fire mage, and to me, Frost has too much Elemental Shaman in its mechanics to feel very Mage-like. I realize that I am in the minority, but at least sticking hard to my Arcane guns initially got me onto a very good raid team for the raid buff and my ability let me stay. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Orb
      <Banana Hammock> is a social raiding guild for late night weekend bananas.
      Group: Banana Splits
      Hours & Days: 
      Friday & Saturday 
      Pacific time: 11pm - 2am Progression: 
      COS (AOTC) BOD 4/9 M (AOTC) Uldir 2/8 M (AOTC) Guild Info:
        <Banana Hammock> is a social raiding guild.  We are a group of players that raid with a more relaxed atmosphere. We are not a Cutting Edge guild, but we are open for players who want to push beyond AOTC and see how far we get! While we will ask for the standard logs/experience info, we value our members and we will check any new recruit to see if they make a good fit to make raiding enjoyable. Come be another Banana for our Hammock! 🙂
      Looking for:  
      Ranged Dps Melee Dps Requirements: Please have current logs available
      If interested in raiding or hanging out with us just message
      B.net:  Nox#1474, Anubismerc#1882, Radjehuty#1804
      Discord: nox#2686

• By Chumani
      Inevitable Destiny   (H)Corrupted Destiny guild Skywall/Drak'thul US realm😎   Corrupted Destiny IS one of Skywall's oldest and largest standing guilds - very active with a large player base! We’ve always got something going on: mythic dungeons, normal runs for alts, Island Expeditions, Warfronts, Incursions, Transmog runs (aka 'Chu's Shopping Trips), Raiding, Brawler’s guild activities...  Even random activities like fishing at Darkmoon Faire while standing on water and wearing a fish head side by side!! All adult guild 18+ years old. 

Raid-wise we are 9/9 N Dazar'alor and have members with 9/9 H experience. Our raid schedule currently is 5:30pm PST (8:30pm EST) to 9pm PST (11pm EST) Thursday and Monday. (Subject to change as we try to accommodate more members).
      We have an active FB page and Discord server that is up to date on ALL game info as it happens, and of course fun stuff... as it happens as well!
      As always, we are recruiting. Looking for raiders (healers preferred but all are welcome), casuals, in betweens, anyone who is looking for a guild! Do NOT be intimidated to ask to join us even though you are not level 120! Come and join us! We maintain a ZERO drama policy!!
      Come experience the reason a guild as old as CD continues to stand and stand strong year after year after year! Come...... and get.... CORRUPTED!!!
      Chu#12466 - Wanheda#11925

• By Orb
      Banana Hammock Casual Social Raiding
      Group: Banana in Pajamas
      Progression:
      Recruiting for next tier
      Day/Hours:
      Friday & Sunday
      Pacific time: 4pm - 7pm Guild Info:
      <Banana Hammock> is now recruiting for our second raid team! This will be an evening/flex group aimed for AOTC. Raid will be Fridays & Sundays from 4pm to 7pm PST (7pm to 10pm EST). All positions are currently open and we are also searching for a permanent raid leader!

Background: Banana Hammock currently has a full raid team trying its hand at Mythic progression while keeping a fun atmosphere. We hated turning people away because of the 20-man cap so we are making a second raid team to hopefully add more bananas in our hammock! We achieved AOTC in all raid tiers this expansion so far. We also got 2/8M Uldir and 3/9M BoD. We'd love to see how this second raid team contributes to the social aspect of the guild.
      Looking for:
      1 Permanent Raid Leader
      All roles currently

Requirements: at least ilvl 395+, People with a more casual interest into raiding, and people with current logs.
      If interested in raiding or hanging out with us just message
      Battle net: Nox#1474, Anubismerc#1882, Radjehuty#1804
      Discord: nox#2686 Radjehuty#0285
      Tag Words: Pacific, Social, PST, Friday, Sunday, Sun, Fri, West Coast, Raider, Afternoon, Horde, PVE, est, East Coast, Friday, melee, ranged, dps, healer, tank

• By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Cyclone Mage deck.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Mage Dalaran Heist guide.