FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
solisson

[Fire] Combustion help

I recently decided to go fire. I am currently 574. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Br%C3%A8nd%C3%B5n/advanced

I did a bit of attacking on the test dummy so that i could send a combat log. The biggest thing I am wondering is if i am using my Combustion correctly. if not, what can i do to make it better? http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QpayNJ86PzfVrZcw/

Edit: Oh I also wanted to ask about how much i should aim for on a combustion at this ilvl.

Edited by solisson

I'll copy the combustion part of my guide:

During the fight, you want to use spell_mage_altertime.jpgAlter Time when most of your trinkets/potion/bloodlust are up. This is generally within the first 5-10 seconds of the fight. Make sure you also have a ability_mage_hotstreak.jpgPyroblast! proc and ability_mage_hotstreak.jpgHeating Up proc before using alter time, and you got a fireball in-flight towards the boss.  When all those conditions are met, use the following macro: 
#showtooltip Alter Time
/use 10
/cast Berserking 
/cast Presence of Mind
/cast Alter Time
/cast Pyroblast
During alter time, keep spamming instant pyroblasts until you’re out of pyroblast! procs and presence of mind is also used. Then recast alter time, and continue spamming pyroblasts until you’re out of pyroblast! procs and presence of mind again. Use combustion as your POM pyro is flying through the air. Due to all these pyros hitting in quick succession, you will have a very high ignite leading to a big combustion.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Drin
      Hi everyone. So I've read the guide on fire mage here on Icy-veins and got some questions related to single target rotation. First I'd like to ask about the meteor. It is mentioned that meteor should be used with Rune of Power which is fairly easy to do since Rune of Power is always ready when Metor is off cooldown. However It's also mentioned that Meteor should always be available when Combustion comes off cooldown. Now Combustion has a 2 min cooldown and meteor has 45 sec cooldown. I can use meteor twice while Combustion is on cooldown. However If I use Meteor twice , It is on cooldown when Combustion is ready. Should I wait for Combustion and not cast Meteor on the second time until Combustion is ready?
      Second what I'd like to ask is about Combustion after the opener. Its mentioned that I need a hot streak before I pop It. I fish for Pyros by casting Fireball until I get a crit and then use Fire Blast. However when I get an Hot streak I'm already mid-casting Fireball. Should I cancel the cast and cast Rune of Power or should I let that Fireball hit and immediately after start casting Rune of Power?
      It's also mentioned that I need to have a Fire Blast charge always ready before going in Combustion phase. Should I save up a charge and ignore the Heating Ups I get regardless and hope for Fireball to crit twice or basically wait for Fire Blast to get another charge?
      Thanks 🙂
    • By LazarusA59
      I'm new to using icy-veins, and I cannot seem to get used to navigating the WoW class guides. Why is stat info the 13th section of the guides, but max level content 6th through 12th? Where do I find comparisons between specs? 
    • By Chumani
      Inevitable Destiny   (H)Corrupted Destiny guild Skywall/Drak'thul US realm😎   Corrupted Destiny IS one of Skywall's oldest and largest standing guilds - very active with a large player base! We’ve always got something going on: mythic dungeons, normal runs for alts, Island Expeditions, Warfronts, Incursions, Transmog runs (aka 'Chu's Shopping Trips), Raiding, Brawler’s guild activities...  Even random activities like fishing at Darkmoon Faire while standing on water and wearing a fish head side by side!! All adult guild 18+ years old. 

Raid-wise we are 9/9 N Dazar'alor and have members with 9/9 H experience. Our raid schedule currently is 5:30pm PST (8:30pm EST) to 9pm PST (11pm EST) Thursday and Monday. (Subject to change as we try to accommodate more members).
      We have an active FB page and Discord server that is up to date on ALL game info as it happens, and of course fun stuff... as it happens as well!
      As always, we are recruiting. Looking for raiders (healers preferred but all are welcome), casuals, in betweens, anyone who is looking for a guild! Do NOT be intimidated to ask to join us even though you are not level 120! Come and join us! We maintain a ZERO drama policy!!
      Come experience the reason a guild as old as CD continues to stand and stand strong year after year after year! Come...... and get.... CORRUPTED!!!
      Chu#12466 - Wanheda#11925