FORUMS
Yurei

Diablo 3: Overlays of interactive item displays seem to be broken

Hey,

since a couple of days, the overlay that appears when hovering over an interactive link appears to be broken. The overlay text is being displayed without a background. Unfortunately, this renders it almost unreadable. This seems to be an issue only in the Diablo 3 section. Clicking on an item also always just opens the Blizzard Diablo homepage. That also removes the option to read the item description on the item page directly.

Regards

HoverOverlay.thumb.png.b60e1a987effcf9e84486b3a80db3068.png

12 hours ago, Yurei said:

Hey,

since a couple of days, the overlay that appears when hovering over an interactive link appears to be broken. The overlay text is being displayed without a background. Unfortunately, this renders it almost unreadable. This seems to be an issue only in the Diablo 3 section. Clicking on an item also always just opens the Blizzard Diablo homepage. That also removes the option to read the item description on the item page directly.

Regards

HoverOverlay.thumb.png.b60e1a987effcf9e84486b3a80db3068.png

Hi!

Thank you for flagging it. I have asked for this to be looked into.

Cheers.

• Like 1

i still have this issue in diablo 3 sections where hovering over the item still displays the hard to read black text with no backround. clicking the item does bring me to the item page instead of to the homepage, but hovering over items still is unreadable.

16 hours ago, SomethingSimple said:

i still have this issue in diablo 3 sections where hovering over the item still displays the hard to read black text with no backround. clicking the item does bring me to the item page instead of to the homepage, but hovering over items still is unreadable.

Hi, looks like Blizzard's CSS is not being loaded. Could you please give us the output from the following, depending on your browser? If you are using a browser that is neither Firefox nor Chrome, please let me know.

• On Chrome, visit any D3 page that has broken tooltips, and press F12. This should open the dev panel. If you open the Network tab at the top, filter it with us.diablo3.blizzard.com, and hit Ctrl-F5, does any entry called tooltips.css show up? If so, what is the Status displayed next to it? (Should be a number in the next column.) If not, are there any errors in the Console tab? (They have a red background.)
  • On Firefox, visit any D3 page that has broken tooltips, and press F12. This should open the dev panel. If you open the Network tab at the top, filter it with us.diablo3.blizzard.com, and hit Ctrl-F5, does any entry called tooltips.css show up? If so, what is the Status displayed next to it? (Should be a number in the first column.) If not, are there any errors in the Console tab? (They have a red background.)

On 9/11/2022 at 7:55 AM, positiv2 said:

Hi, looks like Blizzard's CSS is not being loaded. Could you please give us the output from the following, depending on your browser? If you are using a browser that is neither Firefox nor Chrome, please let me know.

• On Chrome, visit any D3 page that has broken tooltips, and press F12. This should open the dev panel. If you open the Network tab at the top, filter it with us.diablo3.blizzard.com, and hit Ctrl-F5, does any entry called tooltips.css show up? If so, what is the Status displayed next to it? (Should be a number in the next column.) If not, are there any errors in the Console tab? (They have a red background.)
  • On Firefox, visit any D3 page that has broken tooltips, and press F12. This should open the dev panel. If you open the Network tab at the top, filter it with us.diablo3.blizzard.com, and hit Ctrl-F5, does any entry called tooltips.css show up? If so, what is the Status displayed next to it? (Should be a number in the first column.) If not, are there any errors in the Console tab? (They have a red background.)

in google chrome one does say tooltips.css?ST=US-45956d04575efd325041f59267de12ea-342270032 "(failed) net:: ERR too many redirects, theres are 6 other tooltip.css from us.battle.net that don't have errors. I also tried firefox and it loads just fine when i hover over them. so it does seem something specific to my chrome browser

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 8:35 PM, SomethingSimple said:

in google chrome one does say tooltips.css?ST=US-45956d04575efd325041f59267de12ea-342270032 "(failed) net:: ERR too many redirects, theres are 6 other tooltip.css from us.battle.net that don't have errors. I also tried firefox and it loads just fine when i hover over them. so it does seem something specific to my chrome browser

This seems to be an issue with the Diablo website where you get randomly this error when logged in. We're now looking into workarounds. Thank you very much for your help.

Hello, I am also having this issue with Microsoft edge.  I don't remember exactly when I noticed this error.  I just created an IV account, and the search pulled up this (relatively) recent post.  It looks fine in Chrome for me.  Here are 2 screen shots.

Edge

Chrome

Thanks

On 1/9/2023 at 1:33 AM, Fr1day13 said:

Hello, I am also having this issue with Microsoft edge.  I don't remember exactly when I noticed this error.  I just created an IV account, and the search pulled up this (relatively) recent post.  It looks fine in Chrome for me.  Here are 2 screen shots.

Edge

Chrome

Thanks

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I believe the issue should be fixed now, but if it still occurs for you, please do let us know, thank you.

6 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I believe the issue should be fixed now, but if it still occurs for you, please do let us know, thank you.

It looks like the issue is fixed for me as well.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1