FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
palasmusashi

Dps low pally retri

I am analyzing by using the data before Blood Frenzy one happens (0:00 to 1:12 as the link I used: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QmCvkTtDaG8f4F6c#type=damage-done&start=864411&end=937092)

To start off, you don't really do anything. For the first 72 seconds of the fight you used only 43 abilities. You seem to be missing the entire concept of your rotation, and aren't pushing the buttons that are available to you. I recommend you start -here- and learn the class fully from our guide. You will find a Priority list listed in that page, and will need to follow that. That should give you atleast double your damage. Remember that most of your abilities are cooldowns, so the ones that are lower on the list will likely be your most used abilities, such as Crusader Strike and Judgment.

I also recommend changing your gems/enchants around by checking this out:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/azralon/l%C3%B6rdema%C3%BCl

Go into that, change your weights to have a 17425 haste soft cap (in the advanced options. It's not a real cap, but it'll keep your haste where it is now)

I can't really help past that, fixing your rotation is huge, just following what the guide lists is going to be a huge change in your damage.

• Like 1

Just quickly looking ^^

For Thok in particular you should definitely be using Sanctified Wrath as it is the biggest single-target damage increase in that tier, especially coupled with Evil Eye of Galakras.

You should also have been using Hammer of Wrath ALOT more often. It should be used on cooldown as long as you have Inq up and are not capped on holy power, there are periods where you have Avenging Wrath up and you go 8 seconds between each Hammer of Wrath because you are casting Judgement or Exorcism .When using Avenging Wrath you can use Hammer of Wrath without any target hp requirements. If I remember rightly, on a single target fight Hammer of Wrath should be number two in your most damaging ability, only under your Mastery: Hand of Light.

Looking at your opener: You cast Potion of Mogu Power seven seconds into the encounter instead of during the pull timer. The term pre-pot is when you use your potion just because the fight start so the combat timer on your potion resets and starts ticking again.

As you are not using Santified Wrath your CD's do not align properly, you did right by delaying your Avenging Wrath so you had more stacks from your Guardian of Ancient Kings, but you did not wait long enough. I would really recommending Sanctified Wrath for previous reasons and that it will allow you ot cast both AW and GoAK at the same time.

In my opinion, if you are using Divine Purpose it is not a dps increase to just spam the proc of Divine Purpose on cooldown. You should always still try and build holy power before using the proc, as using the proc is a GCD and will minimize any gaps in the rotation you may have and the proc will not run out before you use all three of CS - Judge - Exo.

Speaking of which you are prioritizing your holy power generators in completely the wrong order. From what I can tell you are using Exorcism above Judgement and Crusader Strike, when Exorcism should come last, even though its really tempting to press the shiny yellow button when it procs. There are also some occasions when you are refreshing Sacred Shield over casting crusader strike, even when your current sacred shield still has over 10 seconds remaining on it:

00:02:40.022 Lördemaül casts Escudo Sagrado on Lördemaül
00:02:41.168 Guardião dos Reis Antigos 2 (Lördemaül) swings at Thok, o Sedento de Sangue
00:02:42.455 Guardião dos Reis Antigos 2 (Lördemaül) swings at Thok, o Sedento de Sangue
00:02:43.849 Guardião dos Reis Antigos 2 (Lördemaül) swings at Thok, o Sedento de Sangue
00:02:43.857 Lördemaül casts Julgamento on Thok, o Sedento de Sangue
00:02:45.047 Guardião dos Reis Antigos 2 (Lördemaül) swings at Thok, o Sedento de Sangue
00:02:48.640 Lördemaül casts Julgamento on Carcereiro Kor'kron 2
00:02:49.950 Lördemaül casts Exorcismo on Carcereiro Kor'kron 2
00:02:51.256 Lördemaül swings at Carcereiro Kor'kron 2
00:02:53.515 Lördemaül casts Julgamento on Carcereiro Kor'kron 2
00:02:54.685 Lördemaül casts Escudo Sagrado on Lördemaül

Sacred Shield should litreally just be a filler and only pressed when all holy power generators are on cooldown and you have less than three holy power.

You can also see in this combat log that you go over 8 seconds with crusader strike off cooldown and being in melee range before you cast it. You could fit in two crusader strikes here, gaining you an extra holy power:

00:02:51.256 Lördemaül swings at Carcereiro Kor'kron 2
00:02:53.515 Lördemaül casts Julgamento on Carcereiro Kor'kron 2
00:02:54.685 Lördemaül casts Escudo Sagrado on Lördemaül
00:02:55.591 Lördemaül swings at Carcereiro Kor'kron 2
00:02:55.591 Lördemaül casts Tempestade Divina 
00:02:58.169 Lördemaül swings at Carcereiro Kor'kron 2
00:02:58.190 Lördemaül casts Julgamento on Carcereiro Kor'kron 2
00:02:59.106 Lördemaül casts Golpe do Cruzado on Carcereiro Kor'kron 2

Because of things like this you only gained 108 Holy Power in 6 minutes and 30 seconds (the point of your death) and when I last did Thok as ret paladin I gained 180 holy power in the same amount of time. This is because of the Sanctified Wrath and the CS prio difference we have.

There are also points where you are getting carried away with your 4p procs and using your Divine Purpose procs to cast Divine Storm, and sometimes even using your holy power to cast it instead, whist is just a straight dps-loss on single target.

On a side note, I was just browing your logs and noticed the classes you have in for Thok.  

4 Ret paladins. 6 Frost DK's, 3 Fury Warriors and an enhancement shaman giving a total of 14 melee on an arguably melee-unfriendly fight biggrin.png

Also you healers consist of 4 disc priests and 2 holy priests. Now Ive heard of class stacking before but this is just biggrin.png

• Like 1

I agree with Fouton. Let's first start focusing on the basic rotation and prioritization of Ret before getting too deep into the nitty gritty. 

A firm understanding on the Ret Paladin class guide will get you 90% of everything needed. If there are any specific questions we will be more than happy to help.